Media Tony Ferguson: “F*ck retiring. I’m going to fight until the wheels fall off”

Should El Cucuy retire?

• Total voters
Sad to hear, but not surprising, Tony is a very stubborn person and deluded. He is gonna end up like Bigfoot Silva, we've seen this same story hundreds of times before in MMA and boxing, it doesn't end well. The 0-7 will just become 0-8, 0-9, 0-10 and so on.

I also think if UFC cut him that Tony will go to BKFC, which is worrying to say the least. He will go the way of Bigfoot Silva mark my words, because he is finished and it won't end well. We have all seen it before so many times when a fighter is so stubborn and just can't face it that they're finished.
I think the mindset of many successful combat sport athletes is their blessing and their curse at the same time.
Tony probably wouldn't have been able to accomplish what he did if he wasn't a tenacious stubborn guy.
The same mindset is driving him still and he looks to have diminished physical skills.
End result is getting beat up by younger faster guys.

I think the mindset of many successful combat sport athletes is their blessing and their curse at the same time.
Tony probably wouldn't have been able to accomplish what he did if he wasn't a tenacious stubborn guy.
The same mindset is driving him still and he looks to have diminished physical skills.
End result is getting beat up by younger faster guys.
Very true, totally agree with you. Its the curse that they all get.. Tony has taken so much damage, when he was younger he could get away with it more because he was fast and very agile, but now those glancing punches he absorbed are full flush punches and he just can't get out of the way.. it will only get worse and worse the older he gets.

Same thing happened too Frankie Edgar and I was worried for him, I thought this won't end well, but luckily he has a very good family and very good people around him who care a lot and they said enough is enough, no more. Great coaches right there who put their foot down.

Tony has no coaches or team though, he just falls out with everyone and can't stay with anyone for very long.

champoy-doc-rivers.gif

If he doesn't want to, no. It's not our job to judge people. Even if they give us a lot to work with, it doesn't make it right. If he's enjoying what he's getting paid to do, leave him tf alone. It's none of your business, unless you make it your business. It's his career, not yours.

Very true, totally agree with you. Its the curse that they all get.. Tony has taken so much damage, when he was younger he could get away with it more because he was fast and very agile, but now those glancing punches he absorbed are full flush punches and he just can't get out of the way.. it will only get worse and worse the older he gets.

Same thing happened too Frankie Edgar and I was worried for him, I thought this won't end well, but luckily he has a very good family and very good people around him who care a lot and they said enough is enough, no more. Great coaches right there who put their foot down.

Tony has no coaches or team though, he just falls out with everyone and can't stay with anyone for very long.
Must be brutal hearing the whispers around you saying "hang up your gloves" while still thinking you're still in the prime.
Maybe he doesn't think he is in peak form and just wants to hang on to the thing he was best at in his life.
Either way it seems sad and hard to figure out for many fighters at the tail end of their career.
I wish that crazy SOB the best.

It would be great to have a Tony vs McGregor match for McGregor’s return.
Conor might actually have a chance since he avoided him when Tony was tearing through the division when he was champion.

Back