Tony Ferguson being a POS

Every other day, Sean Strickland is talking about how he wants to kill someone, and would take joy in doing it. It’s crazy what people will let slide if it comes from someone who shares their political beliefs. The dude is a complete loon.
By murder he means spar for 25 minutes.

kimuras aren't neck endangering activity though, unless some asshole hears 'hey his neck is injured', ignores the arm the kimura training is focused on, and randomly attacks the neck, like Tony did in this story.

Defending this is pretty damn hard to do.
Well if I want to be a petulant asshole.

I could say the Kimura could be a transition to a scissors choke or reverse triangle.
Islam did one of those back in the day.

So yeah your neck is potentially under attack.

Tony is and was batshit crazy but during his run he was undoubtedly the most entertaining fighter in the LW division.

He was never a "lets just secure a win kind of guy" and this was also his downfall but as fight fans we can only be happy that there are still some real warriors out there who fight for the sake of fighting and not protecting own records and trying to not get any punches. Just imagine if all would be point fighting crouch sniffers, nobody would watch the sport.

Last edited:
It's been obvious for a while that he has serious mental health issues. I'm sure there isn't a single person around him who is willing to try to get him help and I'm not even blaming them. It's difficult enough to get a your average nut case to seek help, let alone a professionally trained fighter. The UFC, as we all know couldn't possibly care less about the mental health of their fighters.

He definitely has mental issues, a very dark future for him when he leaves the sport if he doesn't get help.
This. The guy is insane, problematically aggressive, and unkind in general. He is entertaining and stories about him are wild.

But when he retires, shit can go really, really bad. I kind of feel like he's going to end up dying in a jail cell but I hope I'm wrong.

I've said this loads of times on here but Tony has not become weird because of CTE or whatever BS reasons. He has always been like this from the start, because I watched the entire TUF 13 season, that was actually the last TUF that I bothered to watch because I wanted to see the Brock vs JDS fight, which sadly never even happened.. But anyways Tony is a violent alcoholic and very paranoid, everyone was walking on egg shells around him in the TUF house, he was very unpredictable.

Anyone who watched TUF 13 will know exactly what I am talking about. I always enjoyed his fights because he was entertaining and always let go and was always in fun fights, he was fun to watch, but as a person... yeah I imagine he is very difficult to get on with.

When he was arrested because he claimed someone had implanted a computer chip into his leg, everyone forgot about it and moved on the next day, but I found it very worrying because he is clearly a very paranoid person and believes it.
I actually watched that season and Tony has always been a full on nutcase to me. There were a couple of years where I believed he'd "gotten better" but they were short-lived and I was incorrect anyway. The guy is and has always been a nutcase.

I could say the Kimura could be a transition to a scissors choke or reverse triangle.

In a fight? Sure.
In a kimura drill seconds after your training partner tells you explicitly that he has a fucked up neck? 100% unforgivable asshole/intentional behavior.

I think mustache cried a lot
I think someone tried to affect his career. You know, like if someone was throwing your spatula away while you're trying to flip your burgers.

Not in a drill though. Yeah, you always try to secure someone when doing a kimura so there is both the submission and the lockup, and there's hundreds of ways you can do it.

But your neck is not "potentially under attack" in a drill.

I always laugh when I hear the “Tony deserves better” argument on here. He really doesn’t.

Not sure about him as a person.
I try not to pay attention to their personal lives.

When we're discussing legacy/toughness, his win streak and whatnot, it's disingenuous not to give him props for what he was able to accomplish.

Every other day, Sean Strickland is talking about how he wants to kill someone, and would take joy in doing it. It’s crazy what people will let slide if it comes from someone who shares their political beliefs. The dude is a complete loon.
yeah, sean is a psycho killer. chael sonnen is a gangster, undefeated. cmon dude. don’t be such a mark.

Yeah he’s a massive dick head who has cte and thinks it’s funny to hurt training partners, he also splashed holy water on his wife told her she was a witch and wrecked his house, this was in 2019 a year before Justin smacked Tony’s head off his fist for 5 rounds

I think someone tried to affect his career. You know, like if someone was throwing your spatula away while you're trying to flip your burgers.

Not in a drill though. Yeah, you always try to secure someone when doing a kimura so there is both the submission and the lockup, and there's hundreds of ways you can do it.

But your neck is not "potentially under attack" in a drill.
Sounds like you should just get a different from the drawer or wash it, much like how Vinc should have tapped and found a new partner.

Maybe I should root for Paddy tbh, I've rooted for Tony cause of his unfair title situation and all the injuries, but between drunk driving bad enough to flip his truck and hit two cars, breaking his student's rib and bragging about it, and also this, think I've been giving Tony too much favoritism

To me what I pictured when I heard the story was a power kimura from bottom and tony having a leg over the head and wrenching down on his neck. lol.

Back