Tony Ferguson Contemplating Joining a Gym/Team after KO Loss

Tony looked good until the KO. If he feels like he needs a change, go for it.. but not sure a better coach would have saved you from that KO, bud.
The kick was certainly unexpected kinda like Mir vs CroCop kick.
But Tony could really use some striking defense coaching.

That should have happened years ago, Tony should have never trained with his “yes man” buddies as a pro.

It was insane listening to Tony talk about joining a team like it was some kind new invention. He kept saying he has potential, he's 37. He's mismanaged his whole career, it's actually incredible how far he made it with such terrible preparation.

classic too little too late scenario here.

Tony's done (no hate) he's already out to pasture.

Whatever he chooses to do, home retirement isn’t too far away in his plans

He could still beat Khabib. Khabib isn’t exactly knocking fools out.

It was insane listening to Tony talk about joining a team like it was some kind new invention. He kept saying he has potential, he's 37. He's mismanaged his whole career, it's actually incredible how far he made it with such terrible preparation.
It’s honestly pretty impressive that he could get himself in the kinda shape to go 5 hard rounds in Mexico City without a real team. Cain is known for his cardio and has a real team and he couldn’t do it.

Obligatory:
<TheWire1>

I love T.Ferg. If he can find a way to get winning I'm down. That first round was so fucking good for him and then he got nuked. He's got a few left in him I think. He might be crazy but it ain't just cause of blows to the head.

I feel really shitty about not respecting the greatness that is Khabib Nurmagomedov and I am not even kidding. I think I missed out on an opportunity to pay attention to not only his ability to compete at the levels hes accomplished at, but even just outside of the Octagon information he's shared. I certainly won't agree with everything but he's definitely a very gifted fighter and even more gifted mind.

Anyways. Here's a video - lets pretend Tony is the guy asking Khabib questions: "You're too old for this"

"I wanna be like a fighter. Like just recently, because my girlfriend went out in Miami and she just told me she was having a girl's night. And then she ended up hooking up with Jorge Masvidal. Like he slept with her," the fan explains. "So, now, I want to fight that guy.

"So, what do you think is the most important aspect for me to start training? If I want to beat the sh*t out of him?"

Nurmagomedov replied: "How old are you?"

He responded: "I am 26."

Nurmagomedov continued: "26? That's too old for this."

https://www.sportbible.com/ufc/news...aims-masvidal-slept-with-his-partner-20201029

Ya think Tony?

Tony-Ferguson-Training-UFC-1.jpg
Screenshot-2020-12-11-at-12.09.21.png

nltbsskujxq1riyz_1584688497.jpeg
main-qimg-9e36c6f58ef9806626db2dba0cd6c994

giphy.gif

...ya think?

Tony looked good until the KO. If he feels like he needs a change, go for it.. but not sure a better coach would have saved you from that KO, bud.
Honestly don't disagree that he looked good in round 1. Surprised that everyone is running with that narrative. He didn't drop Chandler in terms of actually buzzing him he caught him off the back foot and he fell back. Tony looked slow trying to throw naked elbows from way to far out and looked to have less power and tenacity. He's aged, he's done, he should have an easy send off fight or just retire now. It's over.

He looked good his last fight besides getting caught and he feels he has potential to still grow. Not every fighter feels the same as they get older, a lot of it is all mental. People act like we’ve never seen guys in their 40s win belts or remain elite. Tom Brady will probably win another Super Bowl at 45. Your mind cashes out before your body does in sports.

Honestly don't disagree that he looked good in round 1. He didn't drop Chandler in terms of actually buzzing him he caught him off the back foot and he fell back. Tony looked slow trying to throw naked elbows from way to far out and looked to have less power and tenacity. He's aged, he's done, he should have an easy send off fight or just retire now. It's over.
Tony legit dropped and hurt Chandler with a jab followed by a right cross. He looked fast and sharp in that first round.

Tony legit dropped and hurt Chandler with a jab followed by a right cross. He looked fast and sharp in that first round.
Lmao rewatch it, no he did not your tripping . His follow shots did nothing either . In fact when he swarmed him it was pretty apparent he couldn't do much damage. If you think he looked fast and sharp in the first round (especially compared to the fighter he was)you have no idea what your watching.

Too late,probably.
It is. His CSO attitude plays into what has motivated him all these years. He's suddenly going to find comfort in another gym that's going to rip apart who he is and rebuild him to become a better fighter. It's possible but he's in his ways and I think it is too late.

I don't think Tony will be able to find a gym that will improve him. Maybe he plateaued?

He's a beast but I don't take what he did in those first 5 minutes vs Chandler as credit to who he is because he nearly got decapitated in the 2nd round.

He lost his last four fights. He got badly hurt in two of them. It's okay to shut it down especially if you're going to take the amount of damage like he did vs Justin and vs Michael.

There's gotta be a point where you're like come on bro...

Last edited:
Back