Tony Ferguson takes Edson Barboza spinning heel kick clean to the face, barely flinches

Africa5876

The Last GenderBender (Usada approved)
Banned
Reaction score
upload_2020-4-7_0-4-17.gif

quick reminder how powerful Barboza is when he lands clean
lroYUpw.gif

tumblr_ompbutkd3n1r7vh24o1_540.gif

(kevin lee survived but fucking barely)
c6fdb5b60b0575e2b69afde1fc044762.gif

---------------
Tony didn't even fucking flinch when he got nailed clean in the face with it and saw it from a mile away when he tried it again
upload_2020-4-7_0-5-54.gif

I'll be super impressed if Justin Gaethje tko's or ko's Tony, if so that'd say a lot about Gaethje's knockout power

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-6_23-54-33.gif
    upload_2020-4-6_23-54-33.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
But, but, but, Tony gets knocked down every fight.

RIP Gaycheese

You can see tony roll with it and also point his body away from the kick, so instead of snapping his head around it just pushed his body to the side, khabib got hit pretty much square by barboza, no moving away, just ate that shit like a twinkie.

He got hit with the flat part of the foot to be fair.

It was like a hard slap.

Etim got hit with the heel of the foot.

Tony is still obviously tough as fuck, I'm just sayin.

You can see tony roll with it and also point his body away from the kick, so instead of snapping his head around it just pushed his body to the side, khabib got hit pretty much square by barboza, no moving away, just ate that shit like a twinkie.

In the Khabib fight I think it shows you why the spinning kick is a lower percentage move than a regular high kick, it basically needs to land perfectly at the point of maximum extension to hurt because before that point the leg is looser and its the soft back of the leg which impacts. With a normal roundhouse the leg is stiffer earlier and any of the foot, shin or knee landing can do so with a lot of force.

We have seen many great chins find their time of crack. Mma is full of insanely tough durable fighters. I don’t think Tony is there yet. He gets rocked but very quickly recovers. And i think eats more shots than he should, but he’s also very large in bone structure for the weight class. 155lbers haven’t seemed to yet pack enough power to do more than flash surprise him. It won’t last forever, but Gaethje isn’t on this level.

Tony is definitely tough AF but 1. That kick wasn't clean and 2. Tony is also very hittable , particulary with his boxing defense in the pocket, which is where Gaethje touches MFs up.

I'm a broken record at this point but Justin is a horrible matchup for Tony.

Gaethje Round 2 KO.

Do people actually think Tony’s fighting anyone on April 18th?

yeah but he looks so static, this is why the match up is to fucking die for. i don't even give a fuck about any other fight i want to see tony and khabib but damn this universe is cruel

It wasn't a clean hit, it still hard but a lot of the weight of that shot missed, namely the heel. Tony also saw it coming which also helps a lot despite getting hit. Tony he is like a Diaz. They have a crazy chin and are extremely hard to finish, but they can definitely be knocked down.

Tony has understanding of distance. Didnt take a full blow.

He got hit with the flat part of the foot to be fair.

It was like a hard slap.

Etim got hit with the heel of the foot.

Tony is still obviously tough as fuck, I'm just sayin.
Thanks for "just saying. "

Back