Too many ‘brave corners’ in MMA

Again, this thread is a shining example.

Guys who've never been in a gym let alone a fight (amateur or pro in any discipline) will go on about "its a fight" "let the bodies hit the floor - while I'm stuff my fat face on the couch" "Go till the ref stops it" will then call the fighters quitters.
  • it is a fight Whoever chose this life knows that his body will be destroyed, only the fighter can give up no one should interfere.

I agree with that. When you look at how brutal this sport is and the lasting effects it has on fighters before and after they retire, it really makes sense to have a corner that looks out for the fighter's health and not just their earning potential. If you can save a dude who is done and is taking a prolonged beating you should definitely do it. JDS/Cain II is the first fight I remember where I was yelling at the corner on TV to throw in the towel. JDS/Cain II and III took years off of JDS' life and career

Again, this thread is a shining example.

Guys who've never been in a gym let alone a fight (amateur or pro in any discipline) will go on about "its a fight" "let the bodies hit the floor - while I'm stuff my fat face on the couch" "Go till the ref stops it" will then call the fighters quitters.

This. All day long. It’s easy to be a warrior when you’re sitting at a keyboard

This. All day long. It’s easy to be a warrior when you’re sitting at a keyboard

And yet you're the one trying to tell corners how to behave.

You're putting the "brave" in quotes. You're calling pro fighter's cornermen brave in quotes.

And then you call other people keyboard warriors.

So you have advice for pro fighters and their cornermen, but we're the ones being keyboard warriors for pointing out the OBVIOUS reason why some people continue fighting, which is, they still think they can win.... obviously.

So they're clueless, fighters are clueless, we're clueless & keyboard warriors, and you're a combat expert.

[QUOTE="MoldyLunchBox!, post: 164342180, member: 583169"we're not that clever.[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself. We sherdoggers know everything

The sport has been sterilized enough, now you want to encourage corners to call off fights? No thx.

We're bystanders, not professionals. I dont think its gonna get any more arrogant than thinking: 'I know it better than a professional mma corner how to do their job'. Just let them do what they wanna do, we're not that clever.
Corners themselves disagree on what is right. So that alone proves that merely doing a job doesn’t make you right

You're putting the "brave" in quotes. You're calling pro fighter's cornermen brave in quotes.

So you have advice for pro fighters and their cornermen, but we're the ones being keyboard warriors for pointing out the OBVIOUS reason why some people continue fighting, which is, they still think they can win.... obviously.

So they're clueless, fighters are clueless, we're clueless & keyboard warriors, and you're a combat expert.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see when a fighter has absorbed more damage than is necessary and is unable to do anything else except take a beating. Where did TS claim he was an expert and everyone else is clueless? Sounds like your the only one that's clueless.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see when a fighter has absorbed more damage than is necessary and is unable to do anything else except take a beating. Where did TS claim he was an expert and everyone else is clueless? Sounds like your the only one that's clueless.
You the TS and that dude he quoted should make a team and corner some fighters.

You seem to have this figured out.

You want to see where TS claims that, use the scroll wheel.

It's human cockfighting, what do you expect?

yep. That’s exactly what I’m doing and I’ll make no apologies for doing it. These brave corners are damaging the athletes under their care and are going to get someone seriously hurt. Boxing could teach MMA a lesson in this regard.

Only last weekend Carl Frampton - a two weight world champ and former Ring Fighter of the Year - was pulled out of a world title fight in the fifth round. If it’d been left to the fighter he’d have carried on and potentially got hurt but his trainer (himself a former champion fighter) put his athlete’s long term health first. That’s all I want to see in MMA.

Just remember the first time I saw a towel thrown in MMA. Cabagge was standing just eating shots from Sylvia.One of the cornermen had to jump over the fence to do it. You don't see stuff like that often.
I forgot about that fight! Cabbage was pretty cool.

Back