Top 10 Talent Show Performances (TV, School, Neighborhood Competitions):

dissolved

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I'm a geek for this stuff. I love looking up hidden gems in talent shows whether it from the TV talent shows to schools or neighborhood battle of the bands competitions. I LOVE seeing and hearing raw talent that deserves the big time and hearing it in its obscurity. SO, I present you, after listening/watching thousands of these performances, my favorite (brutally hard to boil down to a top 10):

10. - This was just so unique and awesome unexpected.

9. - This one, I just love. Forgive the guitar tuning at the beginning. For a moment in time this guy lived his dream and absolutely owned the song.

8. - One of the best first auditions on a talent show I've ever heard

7. - That emotion man. Probably deserves to be higher.

6. - I love Metallica. And though the lead singer's voice isn't perfect, the band's sound was awesome, the crowd was into it, and the essence was captured. Btw, this is a High School talent show.

next post for top 5

Last edited:
Top 5 now:

5. - One of the most-listened to performances of everything I've listened to when it comes to talent shows period.

4. - Maybe the best of all the talent show performances but ranks at #4 for me - maybe due to bias and/or the feels of my top 3.

3. - This actually may be my favourite performance of all. I've watched this one almost too many times.

2. Now for one waaaay off the charts. But these couple of kids (a 12 and 13 yr old at their junior high talent show) deserve a watch and listen playing two of the toughest metal songs ever - Laid to Rest and Raining Blood (btw, this youtube clip only has about 2600 views and I'm responsible for probably 200 of them):

1. And the number one . . . Mainly because of just everything about it - major, major feels:

Last edited:
I'm going to throw in 5 more of my favourites as hon mentions:

Last edited:

Most recently on bgt: likely favourite to win.

And he's known now, but this is a cool one.

another popular one

Last edited:
It's an audition, not sure if for a talent show.

[YT]Tm4ZZ92crt4[/YT]

enrique catches himself feelin it way too much, bites his lip, then recovers hahaha

Those first couple . . . The street busker was pretty good.

The BGT singer Calum . . . I'm overall not really into the lilting style of voice. There's been lots of these types of singers (albeit mostly girls - Bella Ferraro, Ella Henderson etc., But Matt Cardle as well and others). It sort of plays on the emotions but somehow over the long-haul the vocal sound isn't solid and actually I don't think it's not all that good. Anyway, just my opinion.

And he's known now, but this is a cool one.

I liked this one quite a bit - hadn't heard it before, so thanks!

Regarding the girl singing Karaoke in the mall. I've seen that one before and feel it was a setup, kind of contrived. Didn't care for it.

Last edited:
[YT]Tm4ZZ92crt4[/YT]

enrique catches himself feelin it way too much, bites his lip, then recovers hahaha

That was freaking awesome. Awesome inclusion.

Reminds me of Matt Cardle performing The First Time in Britain's X Factor. Both were well done but Josh's was probably better actually. The feels.

matt cardle is quite good, but his voice is so high, i can see how some might not like it. Josh Krajcik, on the other hand, just has the joe cockerish soul voice, and he was a beast.

the old MMC was essentially just a talent show, and those lil cats were amazing. produced stars left and right, and they had serious talent.
first of all, JC is the shit, i don't care if i got clowned on. dude was killing it as a teenager, as was Timberlake
[YT]tARvYusywl8[/YT]

even Ryan Gosling gets some runs in there
[YT]BJSYmnPilbA[/YT]

matt cardle is quite good, but his voice is so high, i can see how some might not like it. Josh Krajcik, on the other hand, just has the joe cockerish soul voice, and he was a beast.

Yeah that was off the charts. I thought I had seen all or most of Josh's performances but am pretty sure I hadn't seen that one before. Like you said, Joe Cockerish. Fantastic.

he's still a beast. from December of last year
[YT]YACUuseLqL8[/YT]
haunting

he's still a beast. from December of last year
[YT]YACUuseLqL8[/YT]
haunting

Yeah, still really good stuff. I hope he doesn't let himself go too far physically though. He has some questionable scabbing going on and looks relatively unkempt. Sounds good though.

Back