Top 5 Daniel Cormier Fights That Would Sell PPVs

ufcfan1986

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was sure Stipe would bear DC, but DC winning definitely makes HW more interesting. I’m not sure if he’ll take another fight at LHW, but an 2 Division champ was going to do it, DC doing it now may make the most sense. He could fight Gus in a rematch at MSG where he would be likely to win and even if he lost it would make the Lesnar fight more interesting as it’d show DC could be beaten. I’d take DC as the favorite over Brock and Gus though.

I’d say the top fights for him that would sell PPVs are all at HW. I’d rank them:

1. Vs. Lesnar
2. Vs. Jones III (Jones Moves up)
3. Vs. Stipe II
4. Vs. Overeem*
5. Vs. Werdum*

*Overeem and Werdum would both need to get a win or two beforehand. Of course this should really apply to Brock and heck maybe even Jones too, but Brock is such a huge name UFC can’t help but make this fight. Likewise with Jones the history would help sell this one.

1. Vs. Conor
2. Vs. Ronda
3. Vs. Lesner
4. Vs. GSP
5. Vs. Jones III

I will only pay for Dc vs shogun, maybe jones vs dc 3 too

Brock and Jones are the two big fights that would sell PPV's. Nothing else would be remotely close.

DC vs Brock
DC vs Jones....

That's it. The rest do under 300k

Unless

DC vs Cain after Cain costs DC the match vs Brock.

I'd like to see Gus beat Volkov or Blades, then call DC out at HW

Definitely premature but I'd pay twice to see DC beat the snot out of Greg Hardy. Other than that it's the Blaydes fight I'm looking forward to.

1. Vs. Lesnar
2. Vs. Jones III (Jones Moves up)
3. Vs. Stipe II
4. Vs. Overeem*
5. Vs. Werdum*
The Stipe fight would not sell. A round 1 KO rematch is hard to get back these days, the market has spoken.

All those other fights get less than 300k buys, and personally, I think DC vs Shogun, or DC vs Gus II does better than the last three.

Cro Cop vs DC could be big... Cro Cop is not under contract and his suspension is up, I think, with USADA pool it's doubtful he'd be back. I mean in a world where people fancy Brock, I'd like this just as much. As would many. Oh, and Cro Cop is on an eight fight win streak.

EDIT CRO COP SUSPENSION IS NOT UP.

Last edited:
dc vs jones 3
dc vs jones 4
dc vs jones 5
dc vs jones 6
dc vs jones 7

The Stipe fight would not sell. A round 1 KO rematch is hard to get back these days, the market has spoken.

All those other fights get less than 300k buys, and personally, I think DC vs Shogun, or DC vs Gus II does better than the last three.

Cro Cop vs DC could be big... Cro Cop is not under contract and his suspension is up, I think, with USADA pool it's doubtful he'd be back. I mean in a world where people fancy Brock, I'd like this just as much. As would many. Oh, and Cro Cop is on an eight fight win streak.

EDIT CRO COP SUSPENSION IS NOT UP.

Stipe would have to get a very impressive win under his belt or maybe even multiple wins for sure before getting the shot as a PPV headliner. However he was a dominant champ (for HW) and the favorite going into the fight. I think with the UFC machine behind it, it could work as it educated fans get how guys can be caught even in the first round.

There is also no way Brock or Jones do under 300K buys with DC. Both Jones fights did 300K or more and especially if it is another Jones comeback fight I’d expect UFC to hype it up again as they never learn.

Shogun and Cro Cop are good picks. Although I remember before the Jones drama suggesting if Jones ever wins the HW title he should face Cro Cop and a lot of posters giving me crap for it.

Back