Top 5 MMA grapplers ever

Lmao, you actually used a photo of GSP posing with people to prove he's an elite sub grappler?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Being a black belt under John Danaher means something lol

Lineage in BJJ is a pretty big deal

He's only landed the most takedowns ever

Moronic take by you
GSP improved his offensive ground game a lot after he initially retired. I think there are still areas of his grappling that are lacking but people overlook because hes GSP. Dude is one of the best to do it but his ground game isn't perfect. Very good. But not perfect like many like to claim

GSP improved his offensive ground game a lot after he initially retired. I think there are still areas of his grappling that are lacking but people overlook because hes GSP. Dude is one of the best to do it but his ground game isn't perfect. Very good. But not perfect like many like to claim
Nobody has a perfect ground game, idk who claims that

The only person that has an argument for being better in MMA is Khabib

Nobody has a perfect ground game, idk who claims that

The only person that has an argument for being better in MMA is Khabib
A lot of people claim it. TS being one. It gets very fucking old.

I'd argue Khabib is overall the best grappler in mma just because he is the whole package. Lots of offensive and defensive tools from top and bottom. And his game suited mma better than anyone else. He really understood how to grapple for this sport.

A lot of people claim it. TS being one. It gets very fucking old.

I'd argue Khabib is overall the best grappler in mma just because he is the whole package. Lots of offensive and defensive tools from top and bottom. And his game suited mma better than anyone else. He really understood how to grapple for this sport.
TS is a troll, but I didn't see him claim perfection, he just thinks GSP is the best which is arguable

Tough to say he's better than Khabib grappling-wise just because Khabib's offense was so good. Also, there were times GSP relied on his striking, and Khabib never did that

A top 3 without Khabib but include DC who has been outgrappled in so many fights? TS troll game is weak

TS is a troll, but I didn't see him claim perfection, he just thinks GSP is the best which is arguable

Tough to say he's better than Khabib grappling-wise just because Khabib's offense was so good. Also, there were times GSP relied on his striking, and Khabib never did that
I think there are definitely aspects of GSPs game that are better but like you said, his real strength was always in mixing it up. Taking in the grappling alone, it is hard not to give it to Khabib. Still top 3 at absolute worst

Both Khabib and GSP are locks for a top 5 list (MMA context).

I'd rather have Khabib's complete game than Maia's uber-BJJ and "respectable but unspectacular" wrestling.

Maia would smoke him in sub grappling, but A++ wrestling is the difference maker in MMA,

Agree to disagree on not including Khabib. He would make my top 5 based on how effective his control was. But the rest of the list yeah for sure has to include GSP for much the same reasons as khabib where he was so dominant and effeictive positionally. Maia, DC, Jones, and Werdum are also in consideration. Although i'd have a hard time deciding on either DC or Werdum for the final spot. All of them are pure grappling studs no doubt about it.

Gsp, dc, Maia, cejudo, werdum, Jon, mendes, olivera, shields, Hughes, penn, kos, Fitch, fedor are all better grapplers than khabib
Any doubt about if you guys were posting in a troll thread was ended here. Stop feeding him.

Tony who got destroyed by 2/3 of the only good grapplers hes fought.

Kevin "I cant even out grapple Al Iaquinta" Lee

A fringe top 10 wrestler who barely got through CDF

And Olivera who only had 1 ranked win at 155 by the time Khabib had retired.

God I hate this website

Yeah anybody who knows mma well knows that those that was mentioned there had no chance of ever having their paths crossed with Khabib when he was active due to their or Khabib's circumstances (injury/ booked with other fights/ vast difference in rank or clout)
Nah this guy is a troll. Its so apparent. I blocked him.

5) werdum: ATG bjj player who also possess one of the best resumes in the sport submitting legends like fedor or cain.

Agree? Disagree? What is your list?

Disagree with this one.

Cain was beat up and exhausted. He was looking for a way out.

Fedor was too egotistical to know when to get out of Werdum's guard.

As far as HW go, Werdum is in the Top 3 grapplers ever. But in all of MMA? Its reaching to say he's in the top 10.

2 pages in without a mention of this guy?

kazushi-sakuraba.jpg

ApB9EWcrnY8jSFaKQAFPrnwLcGl0p1Ah6FGU46UJaXO8uYIk912-04KLb6mZttqdG8II0Bj558_mkSl2CjvskDBvrOFPnoOXHBVTUAgOU68

P4P #1 grappler all-time

Last edited:
Back