Top 5 Moments in mma where the world stopped

Does right now count? I mean literally the MMA world has stopped.

I promise you that shad koing chuck was literally the most shocking thing that ever happened in mma up to that point.
It wasn't as crazy as Serra/GSP or Gonzaga/Crocop, but there sure are some morons in this thread. Chuck was coming off his win over Wanderlei and this was a fight he was supposed to win to get a title shot. The MMA world absolutely came to a freezing halt when Chuck was KTFO'ed to oblivion, never to recover.

maxresdefault.jpg

1. Rashad ko chuck
2.holly decapitating ronda
3.werdum sub fedor
4.weidman ko clowning anderson
5a. Serra ko georges
5b. Gonzaga cemetary kicking crocop
Thank you jabtoucher.

Would you add or subtract any of these?

2,3, and 4 are the only real ones

1. Werdum taps Fedor
2. Weidman KO's Anderson
3. Conor KO's Aldo
4. Holm KO's Rousey
5. Jorge KO's Askren in record time

I honestly don't think the world has ever stopped for MMA, The closest thing would be Mayweather Vs McGregor.

Omg that shit was so insane. So were the hours after Conor fought with bus, leading to Khabib-Iaquinta. Just an insane few days.
Even my 62 year old dad who has no idea what mma is, knew about the bus incident

Not too 5s but honorable mentions to:

Black beast Volkov KO
Bigi boy Reem KO
Yair Zombie KO

Even my 62 year old dad who has no idea what mma is, knew about the bus incident
That was nuts, and then the fallout: fighters with injuries, Rose all traumatized, trying to find an opponent for khabib. I remember there was some option they were trying to put together but then NYSAC wouldn’t sanction it. Can’t remember who that opponent was now. Just bizarre stuff.

That about sums it up lol. I'm sure there's some that could be added but those ones iirc pretty much stand alone. It wasn't a "moment" but that time Saku beat the absolute shit out of Royce Gracie for 90 minutes was up there.
To me the moment was when Rorion threw in the towel , I can still remember exactly how if felt the first time I watched it

And Sakuraba shaking Helio’s hand afterward

1. Rashad ko chuck
2.holly decapitating ronda
3.werdum sub fedor
4.weidman ko clowning anderson
5a. Serra ko georges
5b. Gonzaga cemetary kicking crocop
Thank you jabtoucher.

Would you add or subtract any of these?
Nate beating Conor has to be on there. Masvidal serving the whole buffet to Askren.

Back