@White
Reaction score
Here's mine:
1. Demetrius Johnson
2. Islam Makhachev
3. Alexander Volkanovski
4. Jon Jones
5. Charles Oliveira
Who do you think the top 5 most skilled fighters?

Of the current roster:

1. Islam Makhachev
2. Alexander Volkanovski
3. Alexandre Pantoja
4. Ilia Topuria
5. Arman Tsarukyan

I don’t have a top 5 however I think Bisping was very well rounded
not the greatest at anything but good at it all

1- GSP
2- Jones
3- Mighty Mouse
4- Volkanovski
5- Cormier

GSP’s striking was pretty to watch, he developed a great jab but I don’t see him out striking the likes of Machida and Shogun.

1.Jones
2.GSP
3.MM

Holy fuck you actually just put Islam above Jones in being well rounded.

<JonesLaugh>

In primes GSP, Bones, or Fedor

Right now it's Islam,Volk or maybe Charles.

Fedor was never well rounded. He had great grappling that made everybody fear his striking more than it warranted (he had legitimate big power), and so left themselves open. It's how he didn't get KO'd trying his repeated shot into clinch, judo throw until Maldanado just hit him on his entry attempt.

He was never a great striker himself. Big power + great ground game can overcome a lot of striking deficiencies.

GSP’s striking was pretty to watch, he developed a great jab but I don’t see him out striking the likes of Machida and Shogun.

1.Jones
2.GSP
3.MM

He wouldn't have had to which is why a comparative sized GSP would've won.

Holy fuck you actually just put Islam above Jones in being well rounded.
Islam's more advanced in both the striking and grappling, as we saw with his head kick finish over Volkanovski. Yes Jones kicked DC in the head too but DC isn't someone with Volk's level of agility and striking footwork. Jones may have subbed Gane, but Islam subbed Oliveira

The guys at the lighter weights are so much more technically sound, I could see an argument for it

Jones is both the best kickboxer and grappler in his weight classes, no matter how close some of those distinctions get. It's the entire reason he's (essentially) undefeated: he actually can hang with anybody anywhere. I love that he's gone back to his grappling where he was far and away better than guys. It wasn't some Gane thing, a lot of dudes just haven't seen Jones grappling in years (or particularly his early days). They're shocked by the result because they don't know how good Jones is and so assume Gane must suck.

Jon is the most well rounded fighter that's ever existed once you put record into effect. Otherwise yes, I'd prob give it to Mighty Mouse from a skill stand point. But he's lost 3x, across all facets, whereas Jon hasn't.

He was bad at striking in 2015 when that happened, now he's good at it

Colour me fucked but it's been 16 years and people still haven't outstruck or outgrappled Jones.

Let me know when anybody else has done that for 16 straight title fights or 24 UFC total fights.

Back