Top 5 most skilled well rounded UFC fighters

Here's mine:
1. Demetrius Johnson
2. Islam Makhachev
3. Alexander Volkanovski
4. Jon Jones
5. Charles Oliveira
Who do you think the top 5 most skilled fighters?
No GSP?
He is the MMA definition of well-rounded. Could stand with the division's best strikers and go to the ground with the best grapplers.

Colour me fucked but it's been 16 years and people still haven't outstruck or outgrappled Jones.
Dominick Reyes
117_Jon_Jones_x_Dominick_Reyes.0.jpg

Fedor was never well rounded. He had great grappling that made everybody fear his striking more than it warranted (he had legitimate big power), and so left themselves open. It's how he didn't get KO'd trying his repeated shot into clinch, judo throw until Maldanado just hit him on his entry attempt.

He was never a great striker himself. Big power + great ground game can overcome a lot of striking deficiencies.
Imo you are underselling his speed as well. He threw high power bombs fast as fuck. That's a skill right there

Imo you are underselling his speed as well. He threw high power bombs fast as fuck. That's a skill right there

Sure, but that's not striking itself.

We saw later in his career that his reliance on physicality instead of technique caught up to him. He maintained his power and speed until the end but started losing against proper preparation and technique. Bader himself called the first KO a matter of knowing that Fedor left himself open to that exact punch. Even the Bellator analysts called that punch pre-fight. Everybody had analyzed his game and realized what he was doing, which is a lot harder if your game is based on solid technique and not big power and speed.

His striking always revolved around his immense ground game, his big power, and speed. Not actual technique,

Dominick Reyes
117_Jon_Jones_x_Dominick_Reyes.0.jpg

They had a 25 minute standing fight that Jon won. In what way does this prove his striking sucks?

Even IF you want to give the card to Reyes you can't deny that Jon was at least similarly on the same level as him to have stood that fight and made it as close as he did.

You guys look retarded pretending like Jon is Silva getting KO'd standing or Fedor getting tapped like his other GOATs actually being definitively beat at their strengths. He's never had that. His arguable losses involve him also arguably winning precisely because his skills actually keep up with his competition despite 13 years as champ.

Most skilled and most well rounded are different...

I love Charles but he isn't more skill or more well rounded than Anderson.... Anderson and Charles have the same skillset but Anderson was a better striker and counter wrestler and Charles is the better offensive wrestler and submission artist... with the same disciplines.... Muay Thai and BJJ.... anyways.

Top 5 most well rounded and skilled is
1. GSP
2. Demetrious Johnson
3. Jon Jones
4. Fedor
5. Anderson Silva

Most skilled I have to go into actual skills.

Best mma strikers:
1.Anderson Silva
2. Alex Pereira
3. Overeem
4. Izzy

Best mma submission grappling
1. Jacare
2. Maia
3. Werdum
4. Mir
5. Charles

Best mma wrestler
1. Khabib
2. GSP
3. Jones
4. DC
5. Hughes

I also think you need to count being durable and having great cardio as well rounded. Guys like Big Nog wouldn't have been great without those stats.

Best mma cardio.
1. Khabib
2. GSP
3. Max Holloway
4. Michael Bisping
5. Colby Covington

Best MMA Chin/ Toughness
1. Max Holloway
2. Mark Hunt
3. Dan Henderson
4. Nick Diaz
5. Roy Nelson

I want to give more guys props like Barnett, Big Nog, Weidman, Lawler etc... but their well rounded skills got them to their titles not really any individual skill.

Last edited:
Mighty Mouse is a fighting savant and all time great, my favorite fighter
Fedor was the best in the best (open/hw) division for like a decade
Jones love him or hate him he did some special shit
GSP can't be ignored, not my favorite but respect
Silva set the bar for all the greats his run was otherworldly

Fedor was never well rounded. He had great grappling that made everybody fear his striking more than it warranted (he had legitimate big power), and so left themselves open. It's how he didn't get KO'd trying his repeated shot into clinch, judo throw until Maldanado just hit him on his entry attempt.

He was never a great striker himself. Big power + great ground game can overcome a lot of striking deficiencies.
Huh? Fedor walked through a Tim Sylvia that Couture had to beat to a decisive decision. He walked through an Andrei Arlovski that was on an impressive win streak. The common denominator is Fedor was walking through these guys with striking. And around the 2008-2009 time frame it looked impressive, like the next level of HWs. After he kept Cro Cop on the back foot before Gonzaga did it. … I think you’re “hindsight’ing Fedor to death”

The guys at the lighter weights are so much more technically sound, I could see an argument for it
how many world class wrestlers did maka beat? how many best strikers did he beat?
you do know that if there was a 5'9 7.4 reach jon jones who is strong fighting mighty mouse
hed ragdoll mightmouse right?

Huh? Fedor walked through a Tim Sylvia that Couture had to beat to a decisive decision. He walked through an Andrei Arlovski that was on an impressive win streak. The common denominator is Fedor was walking through these guys with striking. And around the 2008-2009 time frame it looked impressive, like the next level of HWs. After he kept Cro Cop on the back foot before Gonzaga did it. … I think you’re “hindsight’ing Fedor to death”

Thank you for finding out thatt Fedor had big power.

No Leon Edwards?

No Tom Aspinall?

?<{cruzshake}>

Volk doesn’t have an offensive grappling game.

I feel like Pettis is a tad underrated with his Jits

Thank you for finding out thatt Fedor had big power.
And speed, and a great chin, and endurance. Perhaps you’re a hater. Randy’s HW legacy was built off a decision over a guy that looked an apprentice to a master against Fedor. The latter didn’t seem to break a sweat & looked fast, along with “heavy hand’d”.

Colour me fucked but it's been 16 years and people still haven't outstruck or outgrappled Jones.

Let me know when anybody else has done that for 16 straight title fights or 24 UFC total fights.
Thiago santos

Back