Economy Top Democrats push to pay off $50,000 student loans

Think the game is to rack up as much national debt as possible

$100 trillion looms

Colllege teaches people a better way to live then 9 to 5 too. The experience makes people less likely to accept capitalism. Trade school is pushed because it does no such thing and its just reinforcing the market lifestyle.

Its paying for a human right. Same as housing, healthcare etc. These are all things done inherently under durres. You need the thing and someone else is putting it behind a paywall. Agreeing to it under duress is not consent.
Its not a human right and either is healthcare or housing in anyway. College does not teach people a better way to live because not embracing capitalism isn't a plus in anyway shape or form either. Its just something cool for people to say who actually ultimately benefit for capitalism every day of their lives.

That is not what the data shows, no. The data shows that people have no savings, they're barely scraping by, and middle class college grads are getting completely double dicked by the 1-2 fuck you of student loan repayments and rent. Of which I am but one of millions.

I didn't get a student load because that's dumb. I'm doing fine.

Its not a human right and either is healthcare or housing in anyway. College does not teach people a better way to live because not embracing capitalism isn't a plus in anyway shape or form either. Its just something cool for people to say who actually ultimately benefit for capitalism every day of their lives.

This is literally a thread about how college debt has fucked the younger generation up and they're in here saying college makes for a better life lol.

It's a cult.

Is anyone suggesting America copy Australia's much more logical, cheap, efficient and effective system yet?

Does anyone go to Australia for college? Millions of people from all over the world go to America for college.

Do you want cheap or good?

We’ve been hearing this shits gonna happen since he took office. I’ll believe it when we see goatnald sent to prison, which has also been looming for years now.

We’ve been hearing this shits gonna happen since he took office. I’ll believe it when we see goatnald sent to prison, which has also been looming for years now.
They also always sell the declassifying and legalization of Cannabis which I'm 100 percent for but even when they control the House and senate nothing happens and they don't even talk about......BIg Pharma controls them just like it does the other half. Its all just blowing smoke up peoples asses.

Does anyone go to Australia for college? Millions of people from all over the world go to America for college.

Do you want cheap or good?

It's our 3rd biggest export, so yeah lots.

If you counted all the extra expenditure by foreign students in Australia (ie rent, food, services etc) and not just uni fees, it would likely be first.

The system we use, and that most nations should adopt, is that education debt is owed to the government and incurs interest at CPI.

Government sells bonds to raise the funds, those bonds cost about CPI.

It's effectively zero cost on the money, but of course involves admin.

Better for the nation and vastly better for the students.

Of course this funding program is not available to foreign students.

All the worst stories of American student loan debt I've seen relate to excessive interest costs, we don't have those stories.

It's our 3rd biggest export, so yeah lots.

If you counted all the extra expenditure by foreign students in Australia (ie rent, food, services etc) and not just uni fees, it would likely be first.

The system we use, and that most nations should adopt, is that education debt is owed to the government and incurs interest at CPI.

Government sells bonds to raise the funds, those bonds cost about CPI.

It's effectively zero cost on the money, but of course involves admin.

Better for the nation and vastly better for the students.

Of course this funding program is not available to foreign students.

All the worst stories of American student loan debt I've seen relate to excessive interest costs, we don't have those stories.

1.5M international students in USA, ~500k in Australia.

Weird. The 'worse' system is three times as popular.

Don't waste your time with someone that decries capitalism because they want to be become slave master.

Don't waste your time with someone that decries capitalism because they want to be become slave master.

Tend to be the bachelor of arts and humanities that are shaking their coffee cups looking for others to pay for their mistakes

American has 13x the population of Australia, so having 3x as many international students isn't a way to show a superior system.

But it's largely irrelevant, as I don't either of us (or this thread) is worrying about international students, and both countries are clearly attractive to international students.

I am talking about the way in which each countries citizens pay for uni. Americans borrow at high interest rates on unfavourable terms, Aussies borrow at some of the lowest interest rates in the world and on favourable terms.

It's a no brainer, that the Australian system is better. America could easily convert to this system with very minor costs simply by issuing bonds. Current issuers of student debt could be fully repaid their only costs are lost future obscene profits.

We can forgive 755 BILLION dollars in PPP loans, but not predatory student debt loans?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back