Movies TOP GUN 3 in the works!

I'd love to see Days of Thunder 2 more than this

Robert Duvall is still here for a cameo. After a successful Hall of Fame career, Cole is retired and a crew chief for a young struggling driver. Cole's rebellious anti-authoirty nature keeps him working on smaller, lower funded teams. His driver gets injured and without a good showing at Daytona they're going to lose the team. Cole set the record most Daytona 500 Wins in his career and nobody knows the track better than him. Reluctantly, he climbs back in the car for one more race.

e550867b3bf147d61fcb6e74a2414e4b2618f767.gif

Yeah that's kinda the plot of Days of Thunder in the firs place but who cares!

I want Days of Thunder 2 also. But I still want Top Gun 3. Why not both.

I started riding street bikes after watching Top Gun wouldnt be where I am today if I hadnt.
Thanks Tom.

Really hope they have a nonbinary person of color as one of the pilots this time. Too many straight-cis white males as pilots. It's ridiculous.

Does anybody have a personal wishlist for Top Gun 3?

For me:

1) Maverick has gotta be the star of the show. No taking a backseat or doing a glorified cameo to focus on "the next generation" of pilots. Mav has gotta lead and be the main focus, just like the previous two movies.

2) I want them to include some of the original's songs they left out in TG:M..... Mighty Wings, Take My Breath Away, You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling...

3) I would love a cameo from Charlie. Yes, Kelly McGuillis is old, fat, and disgutingly out of shape. I don't care. They can do some "Movie Magic" and spruce her up as best as possible. A simple reunion between her and Maverick would be great. (Not romantic or sexual as Maverick is with Penny, but a friendly and platonic meeting)

Morph Top Gun into some street racing movie, then morph that into some space sci-fi movie, then morph that into Showgirls or The Dreamers or Mission Impossible.

For me:

1) Maverick has gotta be the star of the show. No taking a backseat or doing a glorified cameo to focus on "the next generation" of pilots. Mav has gotta lead and be the main focus, just like the previous two movies.

2) I want them to include some of the original's songs they left out in TG:M..... Mighty Wings, Take My Breath Away, You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling...

3) I would love a cameo from Charlie. Yes, Kelly McGuillis is old, fat, and disgutingly out of shape. I don't care. They can do some "Movie Magic" and spruce her up as best as possible. A simple reunion between her and Maverick would be great. (Not romantic or sexual as Maverick is with Penny, but a friendly and platonic meeting)

As to #1 - Agree completely that he shouldn't be some lame ass behind the scenes guy. But something like Kevin Costner in The Guardian would be fine...which is more or less what he was in Top Gun 2. I doubt he'd do Top Gun 3 if it was like Sly in Escape Plan 2 and 3.

#2... I thought Lead Me On could have been used effectively in Top Gun 2. That and Mighty Wings are the two that I think would potentially fit the most going forward. Maybe Through the Fire or Destination Unknown.

#3... Ehhhhh, I dunno about that one. I think Kelly McGillis frozen forever in the Top Gun universe at the height of her beauty is the way to go. Same as they did with Meg Ryan. These cameos if they have little purpose (e.g. Charlie Sheen in Wall Street 2) can be more of a distraction and I could actually picture the theater just making snide comments.

What I actually thought was missing was Slider at Iceman's funeral. Of course he would be there in real life but having him there might have taken away from Maverick as the lone wolf against the system feel that was now doubled with Iceman gone.

As for cameos I would like to see... Rick Rossovich (Slider) and James Tolkan or Tom Skerritt would be the ones. And John Stockwell (Cougar) who is now alive so many years later because of Maverick at the start of the first movie. Michael Ironside could be a good one as well. He's basically the same character as James Tolkan though.

For me:

Maverick and Penny are in a relationship.

Charlie comes back into Mav's life and its revealed that he's a deadbeat dad.

The movie revolves around a nasty custody battle.

Also, it's in space.

Maverick and Penny are in a relationship.

Charlie comes back into Mav's life and its revealed that he's a deadbeat dad.

The movie revolves around a nasty custody battle.

Also, it's in space.
Mav and Penny are in a relationship. Callsign Phoenix keeps having wardrobe malfunctions in front of Mav until he finally gives in and lets Phoenix put the 3 in Top Gun 3 for 3-way sexual relations. Also, as part of Penny's pre-production training, they feed her food until she fills out the Prime Jennifer Connelly form.

Mav and Penny are in a relationship. Callsign Phoenix keeps having wardrobe malfunctions in front of Mav until he finally gives in and lets Phoenix put the 3 in Top Gun 3 for 3-way sexual relations. Also, as part of Penny's pre-production training, they feed her food until she fills out the Prime Jennifer Connelly form.
I support this. Phoenix was hot.

Maybe Hollywood is finally getting the point that what people want is old-school, fun, action flicks not braindead, woke pandering?

...nah, that would be giving them far too much credit.

Given they just finished their 1000'th F35 along with over 150 active F22's, I can't wait to see their next justification for forcing them to fly archaic 1980's era jets again...

Also you have to ignore how the US structures their strike packages and why they didn't just use a B2 and bunker busters... but fuck it right? Of course I'll still be watching :cool:

#3... Ehhhhh, I dunno about that one. I think Kelly McGillis frozen forever in the Top Gun universe at the height of her beauty is the way to go. Same as they did with Meg Ryan. These cameos if they have little purpose (e.g. Charlie Sheen in Wall Street 2) can be more of a distraction and I could actually picture the theater just making snide comments.
I woudn't do her cameo as pointless as that. Sheen literally had 1 minute of what felt like superficial chit chat that did nothing for the story. I would hope they would make something with Charlie a bit deeper and longer and maybe even more critical to the story in some small way. Where her being there actually matters.

And I don't care how hideous McGuillis is now. I'd rather see her than not. Just do the movie magic thing and go for it. But if you really want to get me squirming in my seat, when they first see each other (even though it's just as old friends) play this:

Man, that would hit me right in the feels.

(But honestly, I don't see Cruise going for it, just like he didn't for TG:M)

What I actually thought was missing was Slider at Iceman's funeral. Of course he would be there in real life but having him there might have taken away from Maverick as the lone wolf against the system feel that was now doubled with Iceman gone.

As for cameos I would like to see... Rick Rossovich (Slider) and James Tolkan or Tom Skerritt would be the ones. And John Stockwell (Cougar) who is now alive so many years later because of Maverick at the start of the first movie. Michael Ironside could be a good one as well. He's basically the same character as James Tolkan though.
Yeah, Slider was a huge missed opportunity at the funeral and it honestly kind of pissed me off. Actually makes no sense because Ice and Slider were supposed to be best buds almost like Maverick and Goose. Even a non-speaking cameo at the funeral would have been better than nothing. Dammit. Although I would love to see him show up in 3, I don't see how they could do it without feeling contrived (unless he is an Admiral). They missed their golden opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back