Top UFC Knockout Upsets

Cro Cop getting Cro Copped. I think that happened during commentary about how dangerous Cro Cop's kicks are.

Months later Lauzon was a contestant on TUF while Pulver was the opposing coach! LOL

To his credit Lauzon did not seem to let it go to his head (at least what they showed) and was respectable.

Haha true... Good thing Bj drafted him and not Lil Evil

Not to be Captain Technical Pants over here, but shouldn't the list "Top 10 Knockout Upsets in UFC History" contain all knockouts? Love it, or hate it, GSP has never been knocked out inside the octagon. And yes, I am biased, but it is a fact.

really now

Dat web-page...

Couldn't even find the ad to mute it, terribly formatted(huge margins, aligned left, no tabbing new paragraphs), typos in the "breakdowns".

Not a bad list, but everything around it was awful.

I'm assuming you wrote this TS, and I appreciate the effort; just trying to offer a little CC.

what typos?

And most of these sites are aligned left anyway, look at yahoo and ESPN. Just saying. :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...hny-hendricks----stick-around--215841892.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/20586/woodley-wants-title-shot-not-contender-fight

I personally find it awesome that 'Reem is in there twice.

Liddell, not so much. =/

Chuck vs Jardine was more shocking than vs Rashad. At least Rashad was undefeated and top prospect. Jardine was brought in as a complete stepping stone and had a glass jaw. That was supposed to be the easiest fight of Chuck's career. I still can't believe Chuck lost that fight.

Rashad KO'd him which was kind of more shocking I guess but he was only a small underdog and like I said was a top prospect. He went on to win the title too and remain a top 5 guy for many years. So add in hindsight and that's even less of a shocker. Looking back it's not that shocking that he won now.

But Jardine never did anything before or after the Chuck win. Even with hindsight that seems crazy. So that is one of the most shocking upsets in all of the UFC to me.

1. GSP - Serra
2. CroCop - Gonzaga (because it was a head kick)
3. Bigfoot - Overeem
4. Weidman - Silva
5. Duffee - Russow (ended the new breed hype)

Chuck vs Jardine was more shocking than vs Rashad. At least Rashad was undefeated and top prospect. Jardine was brought in as a complete stepping stone and had a glass jaw. That was supposed to be the easiest fight of Chuck's career. I still can't believe Chuck lost that fight.

Rashad KO'd him which was kind of more shocking I guess but he was only a small underdog and like I said was a top prospect. He went on to win the title too and remain a top 5 guy for many years. So add in hindsight and that's even less of a shocker. Looking back it's not that shocking that he won now.

But Jardine never did anything before or after the Chuck win. Even with hindsight that seems crazy. So that is one of the most shocking upsets in all of the UFC to me.

Nah, it's more you're not giving Jardine enough credit. He's not (or was not) nearly as bad as you think. He KTFO Griffin who ended up beating Shogun, Rampage and becoming champ himself. He also beat Brandon Vera and of course Chuck himself. Add to that the fact he drew with Mousasi and took Rampage to a pretty close decision unlike Chuck ever could and it's not that shocking that he could beat Liddell.

Points well taken but, this is about knockout upsets and Jardine didnt knock out chuck. he won by SD. KNOCKOUTS is what this thread is about

Back