Media Ilia Topuria "Think UFC Wants Me To Headline UFC 306: The Sphere" - Won't Fight Max Unless It's For BMF Belt

When you unify the championship title and bmf title then it just kills the bmf title completely as the champ will always be delending both. Less people getting an opportunity to get paperview points as well.

I hope Max isn't overconfident in his 10 sec clapper throwdown abilities to do so with Topuria as well because that's could definitely backfire bad

You will do what you're told
200w.gif

He not Conor. He gonna do what UFC brass tells him to do. If they want Max, he will fight Blessed. He is kinda bordeling on unlikable for me.

So he will put it on the line. Yknow Max dont give a fuck.
It defeats the purpose of the BMF belt. It is suppose to be for guys who might not be championship material but put on exciting fights. It allows them to headline a card and get some points. If the champ swallows that belt too then it kills it for other fighters. You follow the logic?

It defeats the purpose of the BMF belt. It is suppose to be for guys who might not be championship material but put on exciting fights. It allows them to headline a card and get some points. If the champ swallows that belt too then it kills it for other fighters. You follow the logic?
Yeah but former world champ Max got the belt now. The sport got to deal with it.

Why the fuck would Topuria be fighting Evloev right now? He just KO'd the reigning FW champ and called out Mcgregor.

Why the fuck would Conor fight Topuria? Guy has zero title defenses and you're asking why he would defend against a top 5 contender?

The BMF belt is worthless.
nah. they’ve added some value to it now. it means something. but imo they should keep the fights separate, since the point of a bmf fight is slightly different from a normal fight. it would get really complicated if a unified champ lost both his divisional title and bmf title via lay-and-pray. so perhaps its best if bmf fights are reserved for non-champ fan favorite action fighters.

bmf should always be sort of informal, and fun. make it open weight too. lots of possibilities for action fighters that can’t beat the champ.

Sounds like he's digging for excuses not to fight Max. He has the legit belt so why would he want a belt that honestly means shit? He's scared homies!

It sucked when he said no one at all deserved a shot at him.

Now, he gives even more attitude, mouthy AF for a new champ.

“Without the BMF belt, I don’t want [to fight Max] at all. If not, I’m gonna fight with Volk who deserves more than him, the rematch.
Max doesn’t have any options. I’m the champion right now, I choose the date, I choose the place. Whenever I want him, he has to be ready.”

He sounds like Hill probably would if he'd beat Alex, not a good look at all.

Back