Media Ilia Topuria "Think UFC Wants Me To Headline UFC 306: The Sphere" - Won't Fight Max Unless It's For BMF Belt

Topuria doing everything he can to not fight again so he wont have to buy more expensive roses.

It defeats the purpose of the BMF belt. It is suppose to be for guys who might not be championship material but put on exciting fights. It allows them to headline a card and get some points. If the champ swallows that belt too then it kills it for other fighters. You follow the logic?
Max isn’t championship material?

Reactions: HHJ
It sucked when he said no one at all deserved a shot at him.

Now, he gives even more attitude, mouthy AF for a new champ.

“Without the BMF belt, I don’t want [to fight Max] at all. If not, I’m gonna fight with Volk who deserves more than him, the rematch.
Max doesn’t have any options. I’m the champion right now, I choose the date, I choose the place. Whenever I want him, he has to be ready.”

He sounds like Hill probably would if he'd beat Alex, not a good look at all.

Even Max said Volkanovski has earned a rematch. I wonder what the UFC is looking to.

Reactions: HHJ
lol I love it.

He also wants to defend it againts Conor

Middle aged MMA purists in shambles

It defeats the purpose of the BMF belt. It is suppose to be for guys who might not be championship material but put on exciting fights. It allows them to headline a card and get some points. If the champ swallows that belt too then it kills it for other fighters. You follow the logic?
He would just vacate it when the UFC says, like they do with all the double champs.

Perfect, fight for it at 155 then. This only gives Max even more of an advantage.

lol, that's what he cares about? Max would probably put it on the line anyways, but it's not really a real belt, even though Max truly is a BMF.

Max isn’t championship material?
Let’s be honest. A week ago people were making RIP Max threads. Max wasn’t going to leap frog Volk for the title shot. He was stuck in limbo. He wasn’t up for a title shot and had move up for a fun fight.

my thoughts exactly. it could also be an excuse to make some fun fights that otherwise make no sense. i thought it was a dumb idea at first but i see some great possibilities now.

Topuria triggered✅

And bmf belt as argument ? Bitch plz🤣

You should only talk about the real belt and accept the challenge, its cute that he thinks he calls the shots🤣 If Dana thinks Max vs Ilia is going to break the ppv numbers then your words means jack shit Ilia.

He would just vacate it when the UFC says, like they do with all the double champs.
It’s not really a belt. It’s just a symbolic title so Jorge and Nate can get PPV points. By putting it up against a real title then you give it real value. It stops being something you can use to promote other fights. You can use it for guys who aren’t really in contention but is very exciting.

Let Max fight for the normal title. If he fails then he can continue his career using the BMF belt to headline. He can fight other people like Olives or Dustin. I don’t think Olives has much time to climb back to a title shot and Dustin isn’t beating Islam.

my thoughts exactly. it could also be an excuse to make some fun fights that otherwise make no sense. i thought it was a dumb idea at first but i see some great possibilities now.
It also helps fix rank squatting. People have more options by taking fun fights vs sitting out for title fight for the points

Why the fuck would Conor fight Topuria? Guy has zero title defenses and you're asking why he would defend against a top 5 contender?

Does Conor have any title defenses? LOL

You're weird asf and moving the goal posts.

Topuria just KO'd the reigning FW champ... why do you think he would fight Evloev right now when there are other bigger names infront of him?

This is the fight I hope is made next for 145.

Back