HB Squat

Bar x bunch
60kg x 5
80kg x 2
100kg x 2
115kg x 2
125kg x 2, 9 sets
80kg x 5, 3 sets (hip circle)
Plus two extra pause squats with 60kg to compare torso angle, due to a discussion about the necessary force to keep a straight back in high bar versus low bar squats.

Narrow grip bench
Bar x bunch
60kg x 5
72.5kg x 2
82.5kg x 2
92.5kg x 2, 10 sets

Press
Bar x bunch
36kg x 5
46kg x 4
56kg x 4, 2 sets
66kg x 4, 7 sets
56kg x 4, 2 sets

A1. Fat bar pull-ups: Bw x 12, 5 sets
A2. Face-pulls: Med green x 20, 5 sets
B1. Bulgarian split squat: Bw x 12, 4 sets
B2. Adductors: Mini red x 20, 4 sets
C1. Glute Ham Raise: Bw x 20, 3 sets
C2. TKE: Black band x 20, 3 sets

Bodyweight: 87.4kg.

PM Conditioning
Cycling
5 min warm-up, 10s sprint + 50s recovery x 12, 5 min cool down

Last edited:
What's a surplus deadlift? Block pull from non-block?

Yep. I'm pulling off some mats, but I felt that just saying that didn't make it clear whether I was on the mats, or the plates were.

When the powerlifting gym eventually moves into the new room, we're going to get some proper blocks.

Squats looked real good. On your sumo pulls, did you still have your knee sleeves on? My knees always feel better pulling with them.

Also, it's really bugging my OCD that all your plates are facing out. I would really appreciate it if you changed the way you load, just or me, pretty please with a cherry on top.

Squats looked real good. On your sumo pulls, did you still have your knee sleeves on? My knees always feel better pulling with them.

Also, it's really bugging my OCD that all your plates are facing out. I would really appreciate it if you changed the way you load, just or me, pretty please with a cherry on top.

Thanks. Although I need to do a better job of driving my knees out on the last rep of those sets. But I suppose if I could do that, I might just have more weight on the bar.

I was keeping the knee sleeves on, since my knees weren't liking sumo deadlifts so much, and wanted to see if it helped. They helped some, but not enough.

I assume you mean the innermost plates only, of course. I suppose I could do that, since it bothers me when people mix the silver Ivanko 25kg plates with the red Eleiko 25kg plates. Even though they're all calibrated plates.

February 1, 2015

Pause Squat

Bar x bunch
60kg x 5
80kg x 5
100kg x 5
112.5kg x 5, 7 sets
Two second pauses, had a training partner count pauses for the working sets.

Bench
Bar x bunch
60kg x 5
70kg x 5
80kg x 5
85kg x 5
90kg x 5, 9 sets

Conventional Deadlift (paused off the ground)
75kg x 3
105kg x 3
125kg x 1
145kg x 3, 7 sets (belt)
I don't know what it is about pausing off the ground, but they always feel really powerful after the pause.

Bent Over Row: 95kg x 6, 4 sets
Hips: Hip circle / Blue mini, 3 sets
Push-ups, feet elevated: Bw x 10; 20kg x 10, 3 sets

Bodyweight: 87.4kg.

- I've been told that my average rep speed is looking faster. Which, if true, means that I'm accomplishing one of my goals behind accumulating volume through more sets rather than more reps per set.

I assume you mean the innermost plates only, of course.

Obviously, competition standards always. Makes a world of difference.

I suppose I could do that, since it bothers me when people mix the silver Ivanko 25kg plates with the red Eleiko 25kg plates. Even though they're all calibrated plates.

If only we could all have this problem.

February 2, 2015

Pull-ups:
Bw x 10, 6 sets
Chest supported DB row + shrug: 60s x 10+10, 5 sets
Incline rear delts: 15s x 12, 3 sets
Face-pulls: Something x 15, 4 sets
Rope curls: Something x 8, 4 sets

Some stretching and mobility stuff.

Later:
A little bit of light cardio on the bike, as part of a class.

Obviously, competition standards always. Makes a world of difference.

Some of the guys I train with will always use competition loading for every set. But that's just lifting OCD.

Congrats on the squat PR back on Jan 12(?). Have video?

Also, plus one on making sure plate faces towards collars. You damn savage.

Congrats on the squat PR back on Jan 12(?). Have video?

Video exists, but I don't have it. I asked one of the guys I was training with to take video, while pointing at my iTouch, and for whatever reason he used his own camera (which for some reason had a fish eye lens on). He was supposed to send me the video, but I never got it, and since he only trains at the powerlifting club sometimes, I haven't seen him since.

Video exists, but I don't have it. I asked one of the guys I was training with to take video, while pointing at my iTouch, and for whatever reason he used his own camera (which for some reason had a fish eye lens on). He was supposed to send me the video, but I never got it, and since he only trains at the powerlifting club sometimes, I haven't seen him since.

*pre-emptive fish-eye lens excuse to explain depth perception*

Good... good........

Has it occurred to you that you could be on some sort of weightlifting fetish website being fapped over, right now?

Some of the guys I train with will always use competition loading for every set. But that's just lifting OCD.

That's the way my team does it. Its really fun when someone new comes in, gets a plate a quarter of the way onto the bar facing the wrong direction and everyone flips.

Glad to see I have Toon on my side.

February 3, 2015

Squat

Bar x bunch
70kg x 5
90kg x 3
110kg x 1
120kg x 1
130kg x 1
140kg x 1 (belt)
150kg x 1, 10 sets
85kg x 5, 3 sets (hip circle).
Groove on the 150kg singles felt best from the fourth set on.

Bench
Bar x bunch
60kg x 5
70kg x 3
80kg x 1
90kg x 1
100kg x 1
106kg x 1, 7 sets
106kg x 2

Conventional Deadlift
75kg x 5
105kg x 3
125kg x 1
145kg x 1
165kg x 1
180kg x 1, 2 sets
180kg x 2 (Rep PR)
Deadlifts were feeling good, but I was starting to feeling tired and hungry, so I told myself that if I pulled a double, I could end deadlifts there.

DB Incline Bench, with pause: 60s x 10, 5 sets
Palloff Press: Mini red x 10, 3 sets

Bodyweight: 86.4kg.

- At some point I think I'll probably change this day so one of squats/deadlifts is heavier singles, and the other is only heavyish singles. It'd add some week to week variation in loading, and make the heavy day more manageable. Today felt pretty good though, just needed more food before/during training.
- Started keeping a written log in the gym, since I'm have trouble remembering the number of sets sometimes, and I want to be able to look back at some stuff while I'm, training. This won't change anything about my logging here.

Has it occurred to you that you could be on some sort of weightlifting fetish website being fapped over, right now?

It's called trust.

Actually, considering that there isn't a weightlifting fetish website with hot weightlifting women that I'm aware of, which is unfortunate, I really doubt there's one with men.

February 4, 2015

Narrow Grip Bench

Bar x bunch
60kg x 5
70kg x 4
80kg x 4
85kg x 4, 12 sets
- probably ~1 minute between sets.

HB Squat
Bar x bunch
60kg x 5
80kg x 4
100kg x 4
117.5kg x 4, 8 sets
85kg x 5, 3 sets (hip circle)
- probably ~1.5 to 2 minutes between sets. Felt better than the fours at 115kg did last week.

Press
Bar x bunch
32kg x 6
42kg x 6
52kg x 6, 2 sets
62kg x 6, 6 sets (push press)
52kg x 6, 2 sets

A1. Fat bar pull-ups: Bw x 12, 4 sets
A2. Band Face-pulls: Med green x 20, 4 sets
B1. GHR + back extension: Bw x 10; 25kg x 10, 4 sets
B2. Bulgarian Split Squat: Bw x 12, 4 sets
C1. Adductors: Mini blue x 10, 3 sets
C2. Ab wheel: From standing x 8, 4 sets

Bodyweight: 87.7kg. Was curious about how today would feel after all the heavy singles yesterday; It ended up feeling very good. Was able to keep the rest times short for the volume work, which is the goal, but doesn't always happen.

PM Conditioning
Cycling
5 min warm-up, 30s sprint + 60s recovery x 8, 5 min cool down

Last edited:
Back