Touching gloves during the fight is risky and stupid

You can't tell me you didn't enjoy the makeout sessions in CroCop/Barry

I remember screaming at the tv. Barry was fucking Crocop up and wouldn't go for the kill. Then he ended up getting submitted and I thought it served him right. If Crocop would've been in control of the fight, he would've gone for the kill and we wouldn't have seen all that hugging and embracing.

Barry was such a fucking monster. It's a shame he stopped fighting.

All fights should start with each fighter doing the Werdum kick

I'm fine with the touch of the gloves at the beginning, id also be fine if they stopped doing it

People pay to watch these guys fight, not hug and high five each other..

Regardless what their ''emotions'' are, they need to conduct themselves as professionals..

that was a genuine moment in a fight between two warriors that love to fight. fuck you guys hating on that.

I hate when I'm fighting AI in ufc 2, and the computer goes for the glove touch. If it's a fighter I like, I feel obliged to reciprocate. If it's a fighter I hate, it ruins the heel aspect and the ensuing savagery of the beatdown I hand out. I hope you can turn off the glove touch in UFC 3.

I notice Stipe do this. why? if Ngannou wanted to he could hit him.

it would be legal

i would never do it

It would be legal, but how would Ngannou hit him? If I extend my arm and touch your glove, your fist is still a full arm's length away from being able to hit me. Ngannou could hit Stipe's hand, but if you think this is dangerous, that only tells me that you've never, ever trained or sparred with anyone.

I get that some people don't care for it. When I have sparring or actual matches, I try to always at least do one glove touch at the beginning where I try to get them to fully extend their hand (and I make it a point not to fully extend mine). It gives me a very accurate sense of the limit of their reach.

From the prospect himself:

original
just a teenager pulling a prank. no big deal

I forgot the fighters, but I loved when both fighters reached out to touch gloves, but one guy didn't get quite close enough to touch before putting his hand down and the crowd boo'd.

The opposing fighter refused to put his hand down, wanting the pre-fight touch, the other fighter finally agrees and the crowd pops for it. Then to make the crowd even happer, he hugs the opponent and the crowd pops again.

Good stuff, sometimes.

The guy Michael Chandler fought yesterday had his hands out yesterday but he was actually assuming his karate stance and attacked as soon as Chandler went for the glove touch.

Back