Social Transwomsn vs Muslim Spa, a Canadian Lawsuit

H6Ct5ph.jpg

Pls...This graph needs trump supporters, Christians, and whites.....because according to right wingers, they are the most persecuted groups of all time.

This is such an endlessly interesting conundrum.

What if instead of a transwoman, it was a white guy? And instead of a Muslim woman, it was a white woman? Does a white woman have to be comfortable waxing a white guy's junk? What is she's a survivor of sexual violence? Would liberals argue that she must?

The Muslim woman does not perform waxing on men, that is the agreement that she has with her employer. If she was a white woman, and made the same agreement, then it would be the same exact situation. The religious part doesn't make a difference at all. What matters is that her job is not supposed to include waxing men.

While perfectly reasonable, I don't think this is consistent. Can a Muslim woman say she is uncomfortable waxing a black body, so come back another day?

Well first, the fact that she is Muslim is not the point. The point is that she does not want to wax men, and her employer agreed to that when he hired her. No different than going to a salon where most of them will not cut men's hair, but have a barber there sometimes who does. If the barber is not present, you're not getting a hair cut. There are women-only gyms near my house too. It's really not exclusively a religious issue.

I do not think any employer would hire an employee under the agreement that they would not serve a specific race. That is just discrimination and practically begging for lawsuits. Using race as a reason to deny someone service is no more sensible than using their hair color, eye color, height, etc.

I do not put race and gender in the same category in this regard at all. Imagine Mike Pence saying he will not be alone with a Hispanic. Different right?

The Muslim woman does not perform waxing on men, that is the agreement that she has with her employer. If she was a white woman, and made the same agreement, then it would be the same exact situation. The religious part doesn't make a difference at all. What matters is that her job is not supposed to include waxing men.

Well first, the fact that she is Muslim is not the point. The point is that she does not want to wax men, and her employer agreed to that when he hired her. No different than going to a salon where most of them will not cut men's hair, but have a barber there sometimes who does. If the barber is not present, you're not getting a hair cut. There are women-only gyms near my house too. It's really not exclusively a religious issue.

I do not think any employer would hire an employee under the agreement that they would not serve a specific race. That is just discrimination and practically begging for lawsuits. Using race as a reason to deny someone service is no more sensible than using their hair color, eye color, height, etc.

I do not put race and gender in the same category in this regard at all. Imagine Mike Pence saying he will not be alone with a Hispanic. Different right?

You're missing the point. Transwomen claim they are real women.

https://www.christianexaminer.com/a...lined-service-for-religious-reasons/51664.htm

The story is simple enough. Man who identifies as a woman approaches a Muslim Spa and is denied service because he is a male. To add some context, some devout Muslim women cannot touch men.

This is hardly the first instance, there are lawsuits of this nature dating back many years, but things are significantly different now with the passing of Bill C-16.

How is this resolved in a legally just manner?

I just want you to know this is the thread of the year so far.

You're missing the point. Transwomen claim they are real women.

Right, and that's all well and good, and I hope they are happy. But what they actually are, are transgender women. I think they should call themselves whatever they want and be treated with dignity and respect. But that does not mean a woman who has an agreement with her employer to only view and touch the nude bodies of other biological females suddenly has to change her own views to accommodate a transgender women.

I've had conversations like this with a Muslim woman I know. I don't understand why they don't align more with Conservatives. Since their values are incredibly conservative.

@Kafir-kun

We would love to but politically, the non Muslim conservatives are vehemently anti-Muslim or very distrustful of us. Maybe when the war on terror ends and there is a new boogieman that might happen.

I remember a while ago mentioning this to another conservative and theyd rather die with the ship than align with Muslims. Something about Western civilization might die or something.

Yeah exactly, the GOP's marketing really pushes many minorities who are socially conservatives, like Muslims and Hispanic immigrants, into the Democrat's arms

In Canada it is the minority groups who are trying to keep education from completely falling off the rails. They want uniforms, rigor and they protest the bizarre sex-ed programs the lefties want to impose on school curriculum. Jordan Peterson said the same thing you did about the conservative party making more effort to attract minorities because they are often far more in line with conservative social policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Muslim woman does not perform waxing on men, that is the agreement that she has with her employer. If she was a white woman, and made the same agreement, then it would be the same exact situation. The religious part doesn't make a difference at all. What matters is that her job is not supposed to include
waxing men.

But we have apparent "bigotry" disguised behind a religious exemption.

A better example would be, what if an old-school Mormon refused to do waxing on blacks? Does the religious belief trump protected status? And if not, does the employer have the right to discriminate in his hiring practices based on religion?

Edit: Ah dude, this was a bikini waxing place and some dude strolled in asking this poor Muslim woman to wax his ball bag? Come on, son.

It's "daughter", you biggoted Hitler! His sagging hairy testicles self-identified as oversized swollen labias.

Last edited:
This is such a fucked up situation. Women destroying their own safe spaces lol

I agree that the woman's religion shouldn't make a difference, but that is not the same as saying it doesn't make a difference.

damn, us white devils didn't even make it to the qualification round.

The entire competition is built around being oppressed by white people.

Only way white people can enter the competition is if they are disabled, are trans or gay, and then even still they then have to rally against white people to play.

https://www.christianexaminer.com/a...lined-service-for-religious-reasons/51664.htm

The story is simple enough. Man who identifies as a woman approaches a Muslim Spa and is denied service because he is a male. To add some context, some devout Muslim women cannot touch men.

This is hardly the first instance, there are lawsuits of this nature dating back many years, but things are significantly different now with the passing of Bill C-16.

How is this resolved in a legally just manner?
Too funny, an actual "what if" moment come true.

I'm going with story gets mostly ignored by majority. But I side with shop owner

I am pretty sure even lefties will struggle with this one for a bit. But not as much as righties. Lol
Righties struggle? Please. This is pure entertainment for us. No matter how it turns out, it is the lefty bullshit philosophy of trying to include everyone while not requiring those they wish to include to be inclusive out of fear of being called a bigot while at the same time allowing crazies to impose their insanity on others.

You're going to be the ones looking like assholes when the dust settles.

*Cracks open a cold one*

Back