Travelling alone?

Dinamita95

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anyone done it? if so, how was your experience? What places would you recommend? Any generel tips?

I've saved 15.000$ and plan to spend two months travelling alone. I'm thinking New Zealand, as it looks amazing, and Costa Rica, as i'd like to experience Latin/South America without all the Cartels, guerrilla- and paramilitary groups.

Only thing is, that i'm nervous about travelling to complete foreign places where I don't know the culture, norms and language. English won't be a problem but I only have a very basic grasp of spanish.

So yeah. Share your experience and tips.

I've not been to the places you mention but I've travelled a bit, by myself on occasion. A lot of these places will have fairly well developed backpacker scenes so you will meet a ton of cool people to hang out with, travel with and who you can question to find out the best places to go and what to do.

You will meet a ton of people who are also traveling alone so try not to worry about it, just do it. You will have the time of your life, I guarantee it.

I just got back from Costa Rica. You'll be fine there. You have to go to Manuel Antonio it's amazing. You'll also want to try and go to the hot springs near the volcanoes. I didn't get a chance to go but everyone in Manuel Antonio who did go said it was amazing. In Manuel Antonio I suggest you stay at El Faro Beach Hotel. Amazing view I only saw one other Hotel that might have a better view but I don't remember the name and it looked crazy expensive. El Faro had all of that but at amazing prices. like 110 a night. You can walk to the national park from here and the beaches. Monkeys will steal your food and backpack at the national park so be careful. They are sneaky as fuck and I saw them sneaking up on people while they were sleeping. I preferred to watch instead of warning them because it was funny as fuck. In fact when someone would warn a person who was sleeping I got annoyed cause they ruined it for me.

A lot of people speak English but knowing Spanish does help. I would at least learn the names of places you want to go and how to say them. Either way I think you'll be fine. Very safe as well. Costa Rica relies on tourist so they don't like people fucking with tourist.

I've thought about traveling a lone but that's not going to happen now with my Fiance she would be pissed. Not sure I want to either. It sounds fun at first but could get boring fast.

Back