True or false: Almost Famous is the best music-themed movie ever?

Singles while not focused 100% on music definitely uses the 90’s grunge scene in Seattle as an element and has Eddie Vedder, Soundgarden, etc. Fun movie as well

It is a great movie. It is def up there. I loved Rock Star, Whiplash, Spinal Tap and Walk the Line as others have said. One that doesn't get credit is Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges. It is a brutal story but so well done.

Rockstar and whiplash are a few of the best. 8 mile deserves a mention, it uses the rocky formula with rap and really works.

I think Scott pilgrim for me. Brie Larson singing black sheep, all the beck stuff, bands like be your own pet as soundtrack

Velvet Goldmine. The soundtrack is awesome as well

My vote is Spinal Tap.

But I don't think this has been mentioned yet.
557690_Crossroads_1986_1400x2100_ENG_1.jpg

That fact that Spinal Tap's IMDB rating goes to 11 is reason enough for it to be the GOAT

Reactions: Zer
Lol not even in top 25 for me. And levels below The Wall, The Doors, Walk the Line, Ray, Bohemian Rhapsody, a star is born , SNF , etc.. I liked AF but not best by any stretch imo

I think Scott pilgrim for me. Brie Larson singing black sheep, all the beck stuff, bands like be your own pet as soundtrack

Scott Pilgrim in my opinion has aged incredibly well. I think people didn't know what to make of it when it came out but in my opinion at least, it is incredibly tight.

Honestly never really understood the extreme praise it gets, thought it was decent enough but nothing earth shattering.

Almost Famous is a tremendous film, i agree with TS.

Love the first two posts. Almost Famous and This is Spinal Tap. Tough to beat.

Amadeus, Fantasia, Wayne's World, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, High Fidelity,
any version of A Star is Born, Soul, Walk the Line, The Doors, The Commitments.

il_fullxfull.3933367999_tb35.jpg

highfidelity_2000_original_film_art_1200x.jpg

71xCpJMUFHL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

71iTOTBNiHL.jpg

latest

Back