True or False Rousey retires an undefeated UFC champion?

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll say false..I think that boxer might give her fits...

Depends on when she retires...2 years from now? Then she could very well retire undefeated. 8 years from now? Then, I think someone will come along and beat her.

I think Megumi Fujii had 22 wins before suffering her first defeat (though, she never faced Miku Matsumoto). I think if Rousey wants to be the GOAT, she needs to approach this number of wins without a defeat.

Jarl

So telling she'll eventually meet her match in the future. Cat is going to give her hell, the boxer not signed yet will pick her apart on her feet, Cyborg would overpower her.

99Silva's ghost bang on the money.

False.

Though, it could be true, seeing as Hollywood might grab her before she fights someone who could give her problems.

I don,t believe that she will leave. May be she take a decision to take a short rest for a fantastic fight again.

i think so....she will be given green competition until she goes to hollywood permanently

i think so....she will be given green competition until she goes to hollywood permanently

Ergh. :rolleyes:

Not sure how Tate, McMann, Zingano, Davis, Cyborg (if she makes weight), Holm (if she accepts a contract), alongside fighting with a fast turnaround are counts as green competition. Just because WMMA isn't at the same level as men's doesn't mean Rousey isn't fighting equal competition.

As for the question. Rousey certainly has pottential, but I think it's more likely she's beaten by a grappler than a striker. Most likely she loses the belt, tries to get it back and will then step away.

Well that was easy, do I get a prize for getting it right after the fact? :D

Could be true unless she continues to fight until she's like in her mid 30s.

Noobs were revealed by this poll:

Augustus Caesar, Biggamer86, Chaos Spawn, chaoticmayhem, cheese32165, DeathIsHere, Eddy1267, Fantasy, fighter1234, Goh, grndzro, GroundZero, icex48x, iNoScopedJFK, JarlSkuld, jeffduce, jimbalaya, judoka27, kevo1295, kmacizdabest**, Lastwords, Le Smish Smosh**, MANIAC123, mma2013, mmascene, NinjaSquid, nintey, sb413197, seawestle7, shelterdog, ShingMyFong, skold, SnitchInsider, TASTEofmySCYTHE, TheKnightMare, Tulian, Wose

If she fight fighters like Alexis Davis then its very possible

I don't understand where people get the idea that the UFC is protecting any of its champions. The UFC tried to put Jones right back in against Gus. They wanted to put GSP right back in against Big Rigg. They put Anderson back in against Chael first chance they got. Everyone knew Weidman would be a tough match for Silva, and they made that fight (admittedly, if circumstances didn't fall into place the way they did for him, he probably would have had to have at least 1 more fight before he got the shot, but he was the most deserving challenger when he got the shot).

Anyway, my point is that the UFC has not set a precedence for protecting their champions, so I don't see why everyone thinks they are protecting Ronda.

That being said, to answer the OP, like others have already said, it depends on how long she fights. I don't think you will see anyone make a perfect run at the top of a UFC division if you stretch it out long enough. All three of the "invincible" UFC champions have been made mortal in the past year and a bit.

Kept ruining fights for others with his accurate predictions.

Just proves that being a shitposter and a good poster aren't necessarily exclusive.

true! she will retire before she fights Cyborg

true! she will retire before she fights Cyborg

I don't see why she has to wait around for Cyborg. If Cyborg takes two years to fight at 135lbs does she still have to 'wait around'?

I say yes. Her striking has improved dramatically in her past couple of fights, as was evident by her total destruction of the GOAT Bethe. There is no stopping Ronda Drowsy-I mean Rousey.

I'll say false..I think that boxer might give her fits...
Everyone looks unbeatable until they're beat. In Rousey's case, at some point she'll get lazy or sloppy. Even Fedor did after awhile, and she has 10x his ego.

Depends.

If she retires before she's defeated, then yes. If she's defeated before she retires, then no.

Holly Bless for proving me wrong

True, the rest of WMMA isn't on her level.

Only Cyborg is a decent match up for her.

99silva needs to be reinstated. That is insane!

I think she beats all the people in her division 9/10 times if they fight,she smashes zingano,who got outgrappled by meisha for 2 rounds because meisha was aggressive for 2 rounds.

Cyborg is her toughest challenge but style wise she is a great fight for ronda,she punches then goes to clinch,she does this in every fight,she clinches with an Olympic level judoka in rousey it will be her on the ground and being tapped out.

But it all depends on how long she stays around if she is true to her word she will leave next year,then yes she will retire undefeated,if she stays for 10 more till her late 30s then no she wont.

99 silva is GOD.

oh...and for good measure.

giphy.gif

If by some miracle Dana let's her fight cyborg she won't retire undefeated but without fighting Cyborg she might.

Back