Opinion Trump and illegal immigrants: all bark and no bite, but why?

Why bark much but no bite?

• Trump will deliver, but not before the election

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Trump has been a liar and a conman for decades. always over selling. everyone knows that. but if you're the one being conned they'll make excuses because they'll never admit they've been conned.

Because he's made it impossible to actually broker any kind of bipartisan agreement on the issue. And when he had control of both houses of Congress, he wasted his time on tax cuts for the rich.

People who say "leftists and liberals" are idiots. Very little gets done without support from the other side of the aisle...that's the point of our system. Anyone who thinks that they're going just bully the opposition into doing what they want doesn't belong in politics because they're going to be ineffective. And Trump is ineffective when it comes to working with Congress.

It's why he uses so many executive orders, he can't broker many actual deals.

Oh Pan, why are you always so right?

There's an entire body of laws that govern everything he does, if he stays within those laws, he's fine. But he consistently chooses to go beyond and the courts rightly tell him no. HE can always come back with the proper language and be fine.
Both your conspiracy theories and your TDS appears out of control.

I mean, what laws? When was he found guilty?

More idiocy...

Illegals already get free healthcare because they can't be turned away from ERs. So, instead of applying the most cost effective way of doing something...we should continue to waste money? Yeah, that makes sense.

How many? How many did he attempt to implement that contradicted federal law or the Constitution. Those.

You might be surprised to learn this but the President is still bound by the existing law and the Constitution. He doesn't get to make up policy as if that stuff isn't there. I mean, if you don't know how our government works then you should spend some time getting up to speed.

There's an entire body of laws that govern everything he does, if he stays within those laws, he's fine. But he consistently chooses to go beyond and the courts rightly tell him no. HE can always come back with the proper language and be fine.

^^^ the height of disingenuousness

1) intentionally confuses ER emergency care, with every single democrat during the debate stating their healthcare plan would cover illegals.

2) wont cite the number of overturned cases

3) attempts to insult someone to cover his inability to respond with facts.

Pan, how long until you go full Homer?

Liberals are to blame, isn't it obvious?

The elites on both sides and in every branch and level of government want open borders so they have opposed him at every turn.

Right...

Judges have been overturning executive orders forever. They've been invalidating state and federal laws forever. But because Trump, it's the judiciary's fault. I've never seen wholehearted unwillingness to properly assign blame as with this administration.
I just wanted to see if I was understanding this correctly.....you say Trump's edicts are being voted down by judges ....and insinuate that he is breaking laws....then go onto say that judges have been invalidating state and federal laws forever....."invalidating....laws" how do they do that exactly? I mean arent judges suppose to be upholding the LAWS?

you do have one thing right tho...."people that say leftist and liberals are idiots" and you can broaden that to anyone that cant see past the left/right puppet show youre all so enthralled with

all you tools going on about trump are acting like that was any real choice in that election...I can understand being pissed off you got stuck with trump...but ultimately you had two door knobs running in that election so if you want to be pissed off about something....you want to grandstand about something.....make it about the shit state of presidential politics in your country, you should be furious that the only choices being presented to you are bought and paid for people none of whom have your interests at heart in the least...but no....the over all puppet show is entirely safe because they have the majority of you so fricken spellbound by I HAVE TO HATE THE LEFT, I HAVE TO HATE THE RIGHT! team worship NFL type bullshit that it makes you oblivious to the obvious and that is...ALL your presidential choices are handpicked long before they get to the point of being presented to you as an option and until the majority of you break out of the left/right paradigm ....... thats how its going to always be

Let's say he was a dictator and everything he wanted to happen would happen.
1. He would have continued to build the wall
2. He would have prevented Asylum Seekers from Central America to apply for asylum in the United States
3. He would end catch and release
4. He would push for the removal of illegal immigrants that have been convicted of crimes .

You know, all the things that Democrats supported 20 years ago.

It has become apparent by now that, while his aggressive rhethoric may have deterred further immigrants from coming,
Trump is either unwilling or unable to actually take steps to reduce the population of illegal immigrants in the United States. Specific example: the talk about 'raids' which evidently did not happen recently.

The question is: why?
Trump has just been talking tough trying to press a deal for immigration reform. He's much prefer a deal be made, like the one he offered early in his presidency, than to further alienate voters who don't hold immigration as a priority.

Because he's made it impossible to actually broker any kind of bipartisan agreement on the issue. And when he had control of both houses of Congress, he wasted his time on tax cuts for the rich.

People who say "leftists and liberals" are idiots. Very little gets done without support from the other side of the aisle...that's the point of our system. Anyone who thinks that they're going just bully the opposition into doing what they want doesn't belong in politics because they're going to be ineffective. And Trump is ineffective when it comes to working with Congress.

It's why he uses so many executive orders, he can't broker many actual deals.

You have truly gone off the deep end. Did you win this account in a bet?

show me something that supports this fallacy.
Show me the bill pushed by the Democrats to do something at the border that isnt giving Central America more money.

I'll even make it easy on you

show me a tweet or quotes from a Democrat who wants to fix the Border by securing it.

He is still far too much of a civic nationalist and a believer in soft force.

That said, the smashing of the Overton Window was a promising sign, something entirely unexpected from a civnat boomer.

Trump has just been talking tough trying to press a deal for immigration reform. He's much prefer a deal be made, like the one he offered early in his presidency, than to further alienate voters who don't hold immigration as a priority.

I don't necessarily disagree, but at this point I think it is obvious a deal will not be possible any more. Therefore at this point, voter mobilization is imo his top priority.

Because illegal immigration coupled with tax cuts is an overall plus for those of us with money. Cheap labour keeps the cost of production and goods down while instilling a constant state of fear in illegals ensure subservience. This also keeps his plebian base happy thinking there's a strong initiative to keep illegals out while giving them enemies who are pro illegal alien reforms on the left.

If that's trumps goal, it's pretty smart.

I just wanted to see if I was understanding this correctly.....you say Trump's edicts are being voted down by judges ....and insinuate that he is breaking laws....then go onto say that judges have been invalidating state and federal laws forever....."invalidating....laws" how do they do that exactly? I mean arent judges suppose to be upholding the LAWS?

you do have one thing right tho...."people that say leftist and liberals are idiots" and you can broaden that to anyone that cant see past the left/right puppet show youre all so enthralled with

all you tools going on about trump are acting like that was any real choice in that election...I can understand being pissed off you got stuck with trump...but ultimately you had two door knobs running in that election so if you want to be pissed off about something....you want to grandstand about something.....make it about the shit state of presidential politics in your country, you should be furious that the only choices being presented to you are bought and paid for people none of whom have your interests at heart in the least...but no....the over all puppet show is entirely safe because they have the majority of you so fricken spellbound by I HAVE TO HATE THE LEFT, I HAVE TO HATE THE RIGHT! team worship NFL type bullshit that it makes you oblivious to the obvious and that is...ALL your presidential choices are handpicked long before they get to the point of being presented to you as an option and until the majority of you break out of the left/right paradigm ....... thats how its going to always be
Trudeau.

Rich people like Trump and his donors don't actually want to stem the tide of illegal immigration, as they benefit from its effect on labor costs. Look at all the illegals who continue to work at Mar A Lago and other Trump projects... It's all bluster to get disgruntled rednecks to vote. Classic bogeyman/scapegoating.

I don't necessarily disagree, but at this point I think it is obvious a deal will not be possible any more. Therefore at this point, voter mobilization is imo his top priority.
Agreed. Even if Trump loses ,the right needs to take back some house seats and hold the senate.

A mixture of incompetence and just not really giving that much of a shit. He had the senate and house for 2 years and didn't make much of an effort to get his wall funded. Then he loses the house and declares a farcical national emergency and throws a temper tantrum, gets absolutely nothing for his "efforts".

I said it in another thread: he picked up the idea of a wall from Ann Coulter, his team ran the numbers and figured out it would poll well with the idiot demographic that was previously untargeted (for obvious reasons: prior to 2016 presidential candidates in recent history at least had the decency not to pander to racism, xenophobia and misinformation). It worked then, and he'll continue to talk about his wall during his rallies until it stops working, which it won't, because the people that go to his rallies are absolute morons.

This place is going to light up with “its the Democrats’ fault!”
Democrat obstruction and activist judges.

Right on cue.

When Trump became president, the GOP controlled both Houses. Trump can exercise his veto power to block the Bill that sought to ban weapon sales to Saudi and UAE, he can move the US embassy in Tell Aviv to Jerusalem and support Israel's annexation of the Golan Heights, and recently said he is bringing about changes to the H1B visa system including a possible pathway to citizenship, but he is powerless to build The Wall???

Last edited:
Trump represents one branch of government with very limited powers. His support for immigration enforcement is necessary to that endeavor, but it is not sufficient. We need congress to act.

Back