Trump blasted Obama for golfing...

ShoelessRye

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Trump made Obama's golf a staple of his 2016 critique of the President.
"I love golf, I think it's one of the greats, but I don't have time," Trump said during a December 2016 rally in Michigan. "He played more golf last year than Tiger Woods. We don't have time for this. We don't have time for this. We have to work."

And now -

President Donald Trump has made visiting his Florida golf courses a near every-weekend habit in the first month of his administration, and his aides are trying to obscure whether Trump is actually golfing during the visits.
One possible reason: Trump was a frequent and vocal critic of President Barack Obama's golf habit, regularly slamming the former president for playing golf with many pressing issues before the country. Trump even suggested during a 2016 event in Virginia, in a knock on Obama, that if elected he was "not going to have time to go play golf."
"I'm going to be working for you, I'm not going to have time to go play golf," Trump said at the time.
And how does this compare to Obama's first month in the WH

Aides would not confirm that Trump played golf each time, but through a series of social media posts and interviews with the professional golfers who joined him, it is clear the President golfed during most of these visits. By comparison, Obama played his first round of golf as President on April 26, 2009, at Andrews Air Force Base.
And they know they're hypocrites to the point they're lying about it to hide his rounds -

The professional golfer said Trump "shot around 80" through 18 holes, eight strokes above the course's par 72 layout.
The reported 18 holes of golf, however, directly contradicts how White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders described Trump's visit to the golf course during a briefing with reporters on Sunday.
"I know he played a couple of holes this morning but I am not going to disclose any of the others that were there," Sanders said, adding that Trump also "played a couple" on Saturday, as well.
Confronted by McIlroy's comments about playing 18 holes with the President, Sanders said the President "intended to play a few holes and decided to play longer."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/20/politics/donald-trump-golfing-presidency/

I'm sure folks will claim not to care, and it's really a non-issue EXCEPT for the fact Trump made it a campaign issue to attack Obama on it and Obama's golfing was a regular attack front in right wing media the whole of his Presidency, and even here.

"Who cares, hillary lost, we won, yay"-conservatives.

but seriously do conservatives actually care what trump does? Anything I see negative about him they literally post "hillary lost" or "stay winning" lol.

Dude could start a war with China and they'd still be saying the same shit. People seeem to care only that their party won, and not what their party will do. Its sad

Last edited:
It's perfectly normal for Trump to take $100M worth of vacations in his first month of office to play golf with pro golfers.

I think most people already know Trump is a liar and a hypocrite.

Obviously he's a liar and a hypocrite

...but, I would be too if It got me on to any private course I wanted.

It's perfectly normal for Trump to take $100M worth of vacations in his first month of office to play golf with pro golfers.

Lets not forget that his sons made 300 million dollars in deals when the US government spent 250,000 dollars providing them secret service protection. #itsgoodtobeking

Trump is used to having weekends off. The new job will take some getting used to.

Yeah, it's not like we couldn't see this coming... We likely have four years of a guy going off the rails and taking America along for the ride. If only the Democrats hadn't been so fucking corrupt concerning Bernie/Hillary... I desperately hope they have learned a lesson and put forth a quality candidate next time rather than the face of the corrupt establishment. I won't hold my breath though, as I expect them to be waiting for Trump to blow up - like they did during his whole campaign - and then put forth whoever suits their agenda and proceeding on the premise of "It's not like they're going to vote for Trump - we've got this!"

Both parties need to seriously reflect on what they did to get to a point where Trump could get elected. It's not like the Republican establishment even likes this guy - it's just they've been such a group of dogfuckers the for the past stretch that their voters liked Trump while they tried to push agendas their own voter base couldn't get behind. Snowball's chance in hell they will... Until they do, there is a good chance I'm voting third party. America, this is your wake up call - you've screwed the pooch on your first month of it, but you have the better part of four years to crawl out of these partisan trenches and try and reach a middle ground. You only hurt yourself when you are so invested in this idea of "ANYONE but the other side!"

Last edited:
Narcissists don't understand or care about hypocrisy, at least not their own. Hell, Trump's friendship with Tom Brady basically consists of nothing but golf. Much of Trump's career consists of golf. He's a joke, better get used to it.

He might be golfing but I think the main reason he leaves the Whitehouse every weekend is because he needs regular visits to a hair clinic to keep his wig intact.

I was wondering how long this would take.
Every President catches flack for vacationing and golfing. You can count on that.
The real story? The fact that his administration is trying to obscure the fact that he IS out golfing. Where the Obama admin and those before were transparent.
Remember the Clint Eastwood "empty suit" speech? That's Trump.

And his sons are in the UAE, on the taxpayers' dime, opening a new Trump golf course with UAE elites. No potential conflicts there.

Bro you must have forgot he doesn't take a salary from the government. All for the people

Yeah, it's not like we couldn't see this coming... We likely have four years of a guy going off the rails and taking America along for the ride. If only the Democrats hadn't been so fucking corrupt concerning Bernie/Hillary... I desperately hope they have learned a lesson and put forth a quality candidate next time rather than the face of the corrupt establishment. I won't hold my breath though, as I expect them to be waiting for Trump to blow up - like they did during his whole campaign - and then put forth whoever suits their agenda and proceeding on the premise of "It's not like they're going to vote for Trump - we've got this!"

Both parties need to seriously reflect on what they did to get to a point where Trump could get elected. It's not like the Republican establishment even likes this guy - it's just they've been such a group of dogfuckers the for the past stretch that their voters liked Trump while they tried to push agendas their own voter base couldn't get behind. Snowball's chance in hell they will... Until they do, there is a good chance I'm voting third party. America, this is your wake up call - you've screwed the pooch on your first month of it, but you have the better part of four years to crawl out of these partisan trenches and try and reach a middle ground. You only hurt yourself when you are so invested in this idea of "ANYONE but the other side!"

I hate to make it about sides but the biggest difference to me between the two sides during this election (at least on Sherdog here) is that the people who voted for Trump actually are convinced or delusional enough to think he is a morally righteous and outstanding person. And they also think he is a great leader. Like not only did they vote for him in the general election but also the Primary.

I don't know of any of the liberals on Sherdog who went around talking about Hillary in the same fashion that the Sherdog conservatives talk about Trump. Not one liberal has called Hillary "mommy" like the Trump voters have literally called him "daddy". Most of the WR liberals didn't even vote for Hillary in the Primary (I think only JVS is confirmed as having done so? I might be wrong).

So yes the democrates do need to do work in their party to keep Hillary far away from it but at least there is no cult of personality built around her like there was Trump.

Trump is so incompetent, unhinged and has so many bad cabinet appointments and policy positions I really couldn't care less about him golfing. It's like number 1 million on the list ranking his faults.

Back