Law Trump confirms he'll pick Bill Barr to return as AG

glenwo2

Adamantium Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Trump confirms he'll pick Barr to return as AG

President Trump announced Friday that he plans to nominate William Barr, the George H.W. Bush-era leader of the Justice Department, as his next attorney general – as well as State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert to succeed outgoing U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley.

The nominations, which had been widely expected, were confirmed by the president as he prepared to leave Washington for a conference in Missouri.

He said Barr was his “first choice from day one,” though acknowledged he didn’t know him until recently.

“Bill Barr will be nominated … I think he will serve with great distinction,” Trump said.

Fox News is told Trump liked the immense respect Barr commands and the fact that he has earned bipartisan support in the past. If confirmed, he would replace Matthew Whitaker, the former Jeff Sessions chief of staff who took over as acting attorney general last month.

Attorney General Sessions resigned at the president's request – coming after Trump lambasted Sessions in public for months over his recusal from the Russia investigation.

Barr led the Justice Department under Bush from 1991 to 1992, and currently works at the Kirkland & Ellis law firm in Washington.

Prior to serving under Bush as attorney general, Barr was deputy attorney general and led the Office of Legal Counsel.

According to his biography, he served in the Central Intelligence Agency from 1973 to 1977.

Democrats have cried foul ever since the appointment of Whitaker, who now oversees Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, as acting attorney general. Several Democratic senators filed a lawsuit in federal court challenging the constitutionality of Whitaker’s appointment, arguing it is in violation of the Constitution’s appointments clause.

It's unclear whether Barr will garner bipartisan support given the politically charged environment, though Trump urged a swift confirmation process.

>>> VERY GOOD PICK, in my opinion. <mma4>

A Straight-down-the-middle AG is what is needed if only to stop the Democraps' whining and crying.

Let's not act as if Whittaker wasn't legitimately problematic as a possible appointee and worth some "whining and crying".

Do you believe Trump when he claims Barr was his first choice? Or do you think what came out about Whittaker due to the mentioned "whining and crying" forced a pivot?

Goddamnit. misread it as "Bill Burr".

7kSN.gif

I'm unsurprised to discover he believes strongly in exec privilege and facilitated a bunch of pardons in the wake of Iran-Contra.

But I'm sure he was picked for his judicial noos.

I'm sure the accusations of sexual assault will be coming soon.

Let's not act as if Whittaker wasn't legitimately problematic as a possible appointee and worth some "whining and crying".

Do you believe Trump when he claims Barr was his first choice? Or do you think what came out about Whittaker due to the mentioned "whining and crying" forced a pivot?

I believe that when Trump claims he was his first choice, what he's actually saying is that he was ADVISED to pick him by his....I guess....advisors(whomever researches these nominees).

And as far as what came out, I must've not been paying much attention so can you please enlighten me on this?

Anyway, my point is that Barr has a better shot at being confirmed by other Dems than any other AG candidate, imo.

And if they all disagree, then they've demonstrated that they are NOT willing to work with Trump in a bi-partisan manner on anything.

Given that Roseann Barr would have been a completely unsurprising pick, it's hard to be too salty.

Sarah Sanders is not a monkey, though.

You know how Women who get into verbal Catfights with other Women, call each other "Fat Cows" or something like that?

Sarah Sanders not only looks like one, she lives like one.

I'd still wood....err Would, though. <Fedor23>

wait.....does that make ME a Bestiality Person???? <Moyes5><Ellaria01>

Someone tell us quick, is this dude shitterly titler?

Back