Trump continous effort to bring manufacturing back to US will have very bad worldwide effects.

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bad not only for the rest of the world, but even US itself.

Moving company abroad does not necessarily means cheaper workforce. Raw materials are also cheaper as they are normally sourced on local market.

Company under border tax threat will be forced to come back which means paying more in wages to staff and source raw materials outside of US if they are not available on local market. This means less money in companies coffers, less money for development and fierce competition.

In retaliation, countries will slap border tax on America imports. A price of the Iphone 6 in Europe is currently $600-800. Under Trump that price will be definitely a lot higher if Apple decides to move back to US. As you can now tell, not everyone is prepared to fork out $800 for a phone each year, yet $200-300 extra as a result of Trump policies.

'Fuck rest of the world' - you will all change your tune when ENTIRE world turn their back at you the same way America going to turn its back to the rest of the world.

Tit for tat.

wow we should petition an executive order to eliminate all manufacturing from the united states

The FTA and PTA members are using tariffs to win the trade war. Trump is the only smart politician to catch up on it and playing fire with fire.

I think Trump is doing great things for America.

But we will find out in 3 years how it's going.

wow we should petition an executive order to eliminate all manufacturing from the united states

Dont get me wrong. Importing milk or potatoes from lets say...Ireland will be pointless. What I am saying is, if company wants to move abroad, let them. Dont punish with border taxes just because they want to save money. But because they able to save money, they are able to hire more scientists to work on different projects, expanding technology and invent different products.

Why are manufacturing jobs such a big deal for people?

What % of the workforce has a full time factory job?

Seems like a rather obsolete idea to take this kind of risk to just bring some jobs to the US

Isheep turds will still buy it.

Fuck the world fuck Chiana.

I already read an article about how Corona beer is going to cost way more to import. Oh no we need our piss water.

America makes everything Biglier and better.

Seems like a rather obsolete idea to take this kind of risk to just bring some jobs to the US

Manufacturing jobs produce real wealth and are the backbone of a economy...

Dont get me wrong. Importing milk or potatoes from lets say...Ireland will be pointless. What I am saying is, if company wants to move abroad, let them. Dont punish with border taxes just because they want to save money. But because they able to save money, they are able to hire more scientists to work on different projects, expanding technology and invent different products.

So Detroit/Dearborn/Gary must be even wealthier since they outsourced jobs and hired scientist... gtfo

Economic predictions have more or less credibility than those of meteorologists?

Manufacturing its not only paying some factory chinese to assemble your Iphone. Think about companies that provides raw materials, think about all the fuel used for transportation. There is a hell of a financial chain tied to manufacturing. This is why Trump wants to bring those companies in.

If apple moves 5000 manuf jobs back to US, there will a further job loss in raw materials companies, and further loss in transportation and so on. Got it?

Last edited by a moderator:
People just refuse to accept that this isn't the right solution. It's a solution from the 1980's for the 1980's.

Why the demand to return to a system of labor that's so outdated even the countries we outsource to are trying to get away from it? We should be far more focused on preparing ourselves for the type of employment that will actually exist in the future.

It's like reading people argue over and over again to return to 1 room schoolhouses and let's bring back the poor unemployed "school marm".

I for one prefer my Americans jobless and on welfare.

Moving company abroad does not necessarily means cheaper workforce. Raw materials are also cheaper as they are normally sourced on local market.

Company under border tax threat will be forced to come back which means paying more in wages to staff and source raw materials outside of US if they are not available on local market. This means less money in companies coffers, less money for development and fierce competition.

In retaliation, countries will slap border tax on America imports. A price of the Iphone 6 in Europe is currently $600-800. Under Trump that price will be definitely a lot higher if Apple decides to move back to US. As you can now tell, not everyone is prepared to fork out $800 for a phone each year, yet $200-300 extra as a result of Trump policies.

'Fuck rest of the world' - you will all change your tune when ENTIRE world turn their back at you the same way America going to turn its back to the rest of the world.

Tit for tat.

USA is #1 in the world. Who gives a fuck about pansy ass Europe.

You seem to know more than Trump.
I will take you seriously.

Tit for tat.
You're iPhone will be too expensive....that's what you're bitching about? GTFOH

#1stWorldProblems

I already read an article about how Corona beer is going to cost way more to import. Oh no we need our piss water.

America makes everything Biglier and better.
I believe Corona uses corn from MN to make their beer...US wins either way.

Let me guess which sector you don't work in.
About 10%-ish (a very important 10%).
It's taken decades to get people to think exactly like you.

Now's as good as a time as any to make the US worker competitive again on an international scale. Be not afraid.

I'll wait a few years instead of 2 weeks to start criticizing his moves. He's the main guy so let's see what he can do.

Back