Trump- Russia collusion megathread v7: still a NOTHINGBURGER edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pwent

People still discussing this Alex Jones-Tier conspiracy went over 1000 posts again so I made a new thread

Previous thread versions:

Will edit in more stories

‘I DID NOT COLLUDE’: Kushner Breaks Silence, Explains ‘Hardly Any’ Russian Contacts

img_6395.jpg

After months of speculation and White House leaks aimed at President Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, Kushner released an 11-page opening statement today that he plans to give before Congressional committees. It states that Kushner had minimal and meaningless contacts with the Russian government during the campaign and the transition period, and that not only was no important information disclosed, but that media reports regarding those meetings were almost entirely exaggerations or distortions.

According to Kushner, he took four meetings with Russian government-connected sources over the course of the campaign and transition. All of them were innocuous. And they were not the only meetings with foreign officials. Kushner states:

When it became apparent that my father-in-law was going to be the Republican nominee for President, as normally happens, a number of officials from foreign countries attempted to reach out to the campaign. My father-in-law asked me to be a point of contact with these foreign countries. These were not contacts that I initiated, but, over the course of the campaign, I had incoming contacts with people from approximately 15 countries.

His first meeting with “Russia or Russian representatives” during the campaign occurred, Kushner says, at the Mayflower Hotel in April 2016. He met “four ambassadors, including Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak … we shook hands, exchanged brief pleasantries and I thanked them for attending the event.” That was pretty much the extent of the exchange; it apparently lasted “less than a minute.”

turns out that the meetings were pretty innocuous and people are just mad he met with a russian...

just a reminder that nothing illegal happened and nothing will come from any of this

Last edited by a moderator:
Quoting you in the appropriate thread.
I'm making the claim that no one has ever been prosecuted for receiving dirt on their opponent without trading something for it. Yes.

That's because most politicians are smart enough to not break those laws. It's not a grey area. It's blatantly illegal to solicit opposition research from a foreigner. The end. If you have evidence of another person getting away with it, charge their ass too.

Let's not forget that Trump was actively soliciting donations from foreigners back in August, which is also illegal.

No, you called for an investigation into colluding with the Russian government to hack to the DNC. And there has been no evidence of that happening...hence "fake news".

At what point in the prosecution of a crime do they typically find evidence? Would it be during the investigation? I thought so. Let the fucking investigation go through it's course.. If there's nothing to be found there should be no cause for concern to let them investigate thoroughly. The investigation has moved to other things because they keep finding other things.

What about Trump's tax returns?

I've been pretty adamant that I believe a public release of his tax returns are pointless. The government has them, and the man has been audited numerous times. If he was up to any shady shit worth alerting the FBI over, they would know already.

Looks like Kushie just threw Fredo under the bus.
Yep. The recap of his statement is pretty funny.

Kushner denied reading the full email forwarded to him by Donald Trump Jr. before the Trump Tower meeting. That email explained that the Russian lawyer wanted to meet with Trump campaign officials to give them information from the Kremlin that would hurt Clinton, as part of its effort to help Trump.

And it sounds like he may have thought ahead, knowing he would need an alibi.

He says that he was late to the meeting and only in the room for 10 minutes while the issue of Russian adoptions was discussed. The statement says he emailed an assistant, asking that person to call his cell phone so he would have an excuse to walk out of the meeting. Kushner didn't publicly release the email but did provide it to the House and Senate intelligence committees.

So he didn't know what the meeting was about, but just on the off chance that it was something completely fucking shady as fuck, he tried to cover his tracks.

I wonder if this will hold up to scrutiny:

Kushner says he had four contacts with Russians last year.

Have you ever been so not-rustled by a nothing that you made a thread to express how not-rustled you were?

Me neither.

Burger-B-Small-1.jpg

Donald Trump Jr.'s Russia email scandal shakes the Presidency, v7: Still Nothing Illegal

Mueller continues with his overreaching investigation that has no end in sight.

28 CFR 600.1 - Grounds for appointing a Special Counsel.

"The Attorney General, or in cases in which the Attorney General is recused, the Acting Attorney General, will appoint a Special Counsel when he or she determines that criminal investigation of a person or matter is warranted"

Deputy Attorney General says that this is a counter intelligence investigation (it isn’t a criminal investigation) Comey even said there was no criminal investigation of Trump.

Move on to:

600.4 Jurisdiction (B)

"Additional jurisdiction. If in the course of his or her investigation the Special Counsel concludes that additional jurisdiction beyond that specified in his or her original jurisdiction is necessary in order to fully investigate and resolve the matters assigned, or to investigate new matters that come to light in the course of his or her investigation, he or she shall consult with the Attorney General, who will determine whether to include the additional matters within the Special Counsel's jurisdiction or assign them elsewhere."

If the special counsel stumbles upon additional crimes, he’s not allowed to investigate them. He has to first go back to the deputy attorney general for permission to expand his jurisdiction.

This means that the attorney general would have to determine that there are grounds for a criminal investigation. There is no crime though.

=Witch Hunting in 2017

Last edited:
You know what's "fake" and everyone knows it's fake, this hilarious voter fraud commission. Do you back that nonsense? It's a bizarre transparent attempt to justify to himself why he lost the popular vote, something that literally doesn't matter beyond his ego.
You will not get an answer. The "person" to whom you replied will ask many but answer none because that's what slimy trolls do. With regard to the bold part, I believe the most common interpretation of this effort was to assist with federally mandated voter suppression. According to the governor of Virginia, the chair of the commission is "the poster boy for voter suppression." The ego stroking angle is cover, I think, even if it is true.

forum etiquette is to move after 1000 posts because anything over that puts a strain on the servers

best wishes!

Subtle troll is subtle. All you wanted to do was change the thread title, you don't care about any servers. Trash.

lol Kushner's defense is "hardly any contacts". Why not "never any contacts?" What need was there to meet with Russians, and try to set up secret back channels to contact them? Why no secret back channels to meet with Brits or Australians (you know, our actual allies)? Still something no one can answer for me.

Oh im sure the dems will see this as another moral victory. Meanwhile they will continue to lose seats left and right

Nothing yet, eh? All the while the public is so distracted Trump can do whatever the hell he wants and no one will notice. I wonder if the people who were outraged about it a week ago even remember G20?

Have you ever been so not-rustled by a nothing that you made a thread to express how not-rustled you were?

Me neither.

Burger-B-Small-1.jpg

Please do not derail this thread with ad hominem attacks. Please stay on topic. Best wishes!

lol Kushner's defense is "hardly any contacts". Why not "never any contacts?" What need was there to meet with Russians, and try to set up secret back channels to contact them? Why no secret back channels to meet with Brits or Australians (you know, our actual allies)? Still something no one can answer for me.
You're aware that back channels have a long history, were used by multiple US administrations from Roosevelt over Nixon to Obama, and that Obama used one to communicate with Iran which was used to discuss the Iran deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back