Trump to let the govt play hardball with pharma?

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Much like when he said he wanted to seriously tackle human trafficking, I'm sure this will be blasted from all sides...

Good luck getting the GOP to help pass any significant legislation that would stifle pharmaceutical profits.

Long...LONG over due.

Good luck getting the GOP to help pass any significant legislation that would stifle pharmaceutical profits.

They need to understand Trump did not win because of them.. He won despite them.

I would absolutely support Trump in this endeavor and applaud him for any achievements.

So, given that fact, I imagine this development is either woefully misrepresented or #fakenews, as everything is his presidency thus far leads me to believe he only cares about the profits of the rich and corporations.

Check out who his new HHS Secretary is and answer your own questions.

ahoy Sabretruth,

yes, there was alot of excitement about how our populist president would strike a blow against the pharma/biotech giants like Johnson & Johnson, Phizer and Merck for the common man.

how is that going?

- IGIT

Same as striking a blow to China lol.

They need to understand Trump did not win because of them.. He won despite them.

greetings Amerikurancana,

yes.

that's why i am curious to know how hard President Trump is fighting to have the Federal Government regulate the profit margins at Phizer.

i mean, President Trump sure got alot of accolades for his drive to fight major pharma corporations on behalf of the American people - heck, right here on this forum the excitement over this policy initiative was bi-partisan.

proof positive that Mr. Trump's populist bona fides were authentic.

so...what happening?

- IGIT

That's something he mentioned during the campaign that I was actually happy to hear, of course until he met with pharma execs a week later and changed his mind.

I think any really attempt to control healthcare costs will need to address drug prices, so let's see if this has legs.

I would absolutely support Trump in this endeavor and applaud him for any achievements.

So, given that fact, I imagine this development is either woefully misrepresented or #fakenews, as everything is his presidency thus far leads me to believe he only cares about the profits of the rich and corporations.

hello there Mr. Trotsky,

well, now that he's evicerated the national parks in Utah, finally made Americans .0001% safer with his travel ban, and discredited the Federal Bureau of Investigation (all very important stuff), maybe he'll resume his onslaught on big pharma.

- IGIT

That's something he mentioned during the campaign that I was actually happy to hear, of course until he met with pharma execs a week later and changed his mind.

I think any really attempt to control healthcare costs will need to address drug prices, so let's see if this has legs.

hullo there kpt018,

as a Merck shareholder, i recognized that Mr. Trump's proclamations that he'd seek to regulate the Pharma/Biotech would negatively affect me, but i also get that it would be a "win" for 99% of Americans.

i never, ever thought President Trump would follow through with any of this.

i found it impossible to picture Speaker Ryan sitting down with his fellow GOP lawmakers to craft a bill that would blunt profit margins at Johnson & Johnson. the very thought of it sounded absurd.

why did anyone believe that this would come to pass?

- IGIT

hullo there kpt018,

as a Merck shareholder, i recognized that Mr. Trump's proclamations that he'd seek to regulate the Pharma/Biotech would negatively affect me, but i also get that its a "win" for 99% of Americans.

i never, ever thought President Trump would follow through with any of this.

i found it impossible to picture Speaker Ryan setting down with his fellow GOP lawmakers to craft a bill that would blunt profit margins at Johnson & Johnson. the very thought of it sounded absurd.

why did anyone believe that this would come to pass?

- IGIT
Hello Mr. IGIT,

Long time no speak.

My bet is this never sees the light of day. Republicans control every branch of government and their position is price controls on drugs should be compared to Nazi Germany. I'm joking of course, but we know there is no way real price controls get into place. Even if Trump changed his mind again and we saw 100% Democrat support you'd have to flip Republicans. Not happening.

What this really revealed is Trump has no solid policy positions because he doesn't have principles or an understanding of policy. To support price controls and flip a week later to maybe flip again is one of a million examples.

Yours Truly,
kpt018

If it happens that would be great. I see no reason this should not get bi-partisan support

I worked in the Pharma industry for years in a Contract Research Organization. I can tell you Phram companies don't give 2 fucks about people. It's all about the money. If they can make more money off boner pills rather than save a million people die from malaria they'll do it.

On top of that, if the drug they develop destroys people like opiods they'll still push them and hide data. Worse that the corner drug dealer.

If it happens that would be great. I see no reason this should not get bi-partisan support

I worked in the Pharma industry for years in a Contract Research Organization. I can tell you Phram companies don't give 2 fucks about people. It's all about the money. If they can make more money off boner pills rather than save a million people die from malaria they'll do it.

On top of that, if the drug they develop destroys people like opiods they'll still push them and hide data. Worse that the corner drug dealer.
It should get support but it won't. You know, politics and tribalism and price controls and regulations are communism to our friends on the right.

Back