Trump Ukraine V 13 -Impeachment Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is conceivable, but it’s surprising that they would start out so slow. Peoples’ minds tend to get set, and they fatigue. The idea may be more of a safety approach for supporting a captive Dem vote, but it’s not a great public strategy.
Seems strange that they wouldn't start with those two, then. I guess they either don't have much faith in their testimonies or it was poor strategy. Maybe they want the more significant witnesses to testify closer to the end to keep it fresh in peoples' minds when they decide what to do going forward.

Seems strange that they wouldn't start with those two, then. I guess they either don't have much faith in their testimonies or it was poor strategy. Maybe they want the more significant witnesses to testify closer to the end to keep it fresh in peoples' minds when they decide what to do going forward.

I would assume that they know what they're doing in terms of strategy more than any of us just casually watching and making snap judgments. Hard to judge for ourselves how all this plays. I think it's been looking horrible (that is, that impeachment is a necessity), but it's hard to get in the mind of someone who doesn't know as much as you do or who has preconceptions that you don't.

You seem to really only make posts that make
You feel good inside. Not a single fact in any of your posts really. It makes you feel so good to say Dems want to undue the 2016 election but the election is less than a year away. How dumb does that sound?

In typical Trump Davidians fashion, Trump could
slap your mom and you would have the same
response. Anyone with a brain can see...

Oh my, here comes the loveable Zebby with the insults again. Is it not lost on you that you, right now, are doing exactly what you accuse me of? Sounds about right for your side. :p

Pro Tip: You and I seem to get along just fine outside of Politics. I've liked a lot of your posts and you've liked a few of mine. it seems in this venue that you let your ego get involved and you get upset and lash out. Here's the deal. Insult me again, and I simply ignore your posts Fair?

Seriously. Take stock. it's only Politics. No need to get nasty all the time. It's people like you and some of your buddies in the squad here that keep our Country from coming together. You have no desire for honest debate when you start each post with a personal insult. ;)

Last edited:
I would assume that they know what they're doing in terms of strategy more than any of us just casually watching and making snap judgments. Hard to judge for ourselves how all this plays. I think it's been looking horrible, but it's hard to get in the mind of someone who doesn't know as much as you do or who has preconceptions that you don't.
Forgive me, if I reject the premise that the Democrats "know what they are doing" Clearly, they do not. Nadler and Schiff have pretty much fucked up every single stunt they've tried so far.

Last edited:
It was important enough to you that you decided to post my name, where you thought I lived. You also looked through, and "analyzed" my postings there too.

Maybe you should think about not being a racist doxxing creep all the time.

I never posted your name.

I would assume that they know what they're doing in terms of strategy more than any of us just casually watching and making snap judgments. Hard to judge for ourselves how all this plays. I think it's been looking horrible (that is, that impeachment is a necessity), but it's hard to get in the mind of someone who doesn't know as much as you do or who has preconceptions that you don't.
True, I am just speculating. I would imagine they want to shake a few Republicans loose towards the end of the public testimony so further, weaker testimony doesn't reinstate their skepticism.

True, I am just speculating. I would imagine they want to shake a few Republicans loose towards the end of the public testimony so further, weaker testimony doesn't reinstate their skepticism.

In all likelihood, they will shake a few more Democrats loose.

If they knew what they were doing they wouldn’t have lost to our moron-in-chief in the first place.

It’s been the kind of case that a prosecutor typically puts on. But those cases rely on a captive audience already strongly predisposed to believe you and accept your position. They aren’t good when you are trying to sway a small middle faction that’s on the fence.

Limited data that’s rolled in so far on the middle indicates that it was leaning against Trump, but the damp first days have convinced them there’s not much there.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/impeachment-poll-trump-back-up-to-50

If accurate, and if not reversed, this was a serious strategic misfire. Catering to captive Dems rather than the public middle that tends to decide things.

If they knew what they were doing they wouldn’t have lost to our moron-in-chief in the first place.

It’s been the kind of case that a prosecutor typically puts on. But those cases rely on a captive audience already strongly predisposed to believe you and accept your position. They aren’t good when you are trying to sway a small middle faction that’s on the fence.

Limited data that’s rolled in so far on the middle indicates that it was leaning against Trump, but the damp first days have convinced them there’s not much there.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/impeachment-poll-trump-back-up-to-50

If accurate, and if not reversed, this was a serious strategic misfire. Catering to captive Dems rather than the public middle that tends to decide things.

Lol we have a mod posting in a political discussion calling his president a moron-in-chief. This thread is almost as much of a clown show as this whole coup attempt from the democrats.

I never posted your name.

You put the first few letters, same with the city you thought I lived in, and then spoke of my gamespot account, which you had clearly scoured. You did this shit in cowardly fashion, playing a little Wheel of Fortune game with my info that anyone could piece together in 2 seconds, and your intent was clear. This "I'm just toying around with doxxing you, if I really wanted to...." shit is extremely pathetic, like your ugly trolling is generally.

Lol we have a mod posting in a political discussion calling his president a moron-in-chief. This thread is almost as much of a clown show as this whole coup attempt from the democrats.

The coup started with Trump appointees......

It is AWESOME!

Defending the Constitution from a shoe shiner.

This is history in the making! Cant think of anything better to watch in your lifetime.

MERICA!

giphy%2023_zpsskgdmbfn.gif

In typical Trump Davidians fashion, Trump could
slap your mom and you would have the same
response. Anyone with a brain can see that Trump was holding up the aid until the president of Ukraine went on CNN and announced an investigation. Must be weird going through life being wrong about everything
Its funny how you lefties bring up hypotheticals when you can't find a crime. if your aunt had a dick she'd be your uncle

You put the first few letters, same with the city you thought I lived in, and then spoke of my gamespot account, which you had clearly scoured. You did this shit in cowardly fashion, playing a little Wheel of Fortune game with my info that anyone could piece together in 2 seconds, and your intent was clear. This "I'm just toying around with doxxing you, if I really wanted to...." shit is extremely pathetic, like your ugly trolling is generally.

Oh stop. It was a joke, and you know it. You didn't have a problem with it at the time.

I thought the whistleblower was the best witness? Or is it Vindman? There is not one single star witness Mr. Jordan and you know that. Or maybe for once think for yourself and comeback with something I haven’t heard out of some talking head.

How do you think it will end?

If they are not able to convince even a single republican, they will get destroyed politically. The President of the United States isn't invincible, but extremely powerful and this is why a removal requires bi-partisan support. If the dems can't deliver hard evidences of a high crime, if they are not able to build up enough pressure on the republicans, they will collapse sooner or later. It's a risky strategy, which can backfire easily.

It's not enough just to hate Trump or to criticize his rude behavior in order to justify a removal. This is why there are elections. I don't know if it's too late, but it would be wise to jump off the impeachment train.

I hear the TV ratings are much lower than the Kavanaugh hearings

I was surprised. Even more bad news for Schiff.

Oh stop. It was a joke, and you know it. You didn't have a problem with it at the time.

It wasn't a joke, and that wasn't how the conversation between SBJJ and I, that you decided to butt into, was going, at all. I was keeping cool instead of freaking out; That changes nothing about you being way over the line, and a piece of abject shit for playing with doxxing me. Your horseshit coyness is not at all convincing.

I hear the TV ratings are much lower than the Kavanaugh hearings

According to Neilson, approximately 13.8(I think it was .8) million tuned in the first day. Not bad for Network show, but for this? Meaningless.

It wasn't a joke, and that wasn't how the conversation between SBJJ and I, that you decided to butt into, was going, at all. I was keeping cool instead of freaking out; That changes nothing about you being way over the line, and a piece of abject shit for playing with doxxing me. Your horseshit coyness is not at all convincing.

giphy.gif

For people who are trying to be objective, this is big.

What Sondland says on Wednesday is going to be pivotal. Will he say he doesn't remember this call?

Will Sondland corroborate Taylor's testimony?

I don't buy that premise. An election isn't a chess match.

I also wouldn't put any stock in an outlier poll by Rasmussen. My view is that strategists have a lot of relevant information that we're not privy to, and yakking about strategy here is like complaining about your team's draft pick on the day of the draft--fun and your position ultimately may turn out right but the analysis doesn't bear a close relation to reality even if it does. We'll see, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back