Law Trumps home raided

I agree. We know there are documents that are labeled as such thanks to the media, but no federal authorities have made any statement thus far and they won't until they've gone over the documents and decided on what to tell the public. Like, if there are details on a previously undisclosed nuclear program, will they say that or will they say he had top secret inflation pertaining to nuclear energy? We won't know for a while, at least not for a few weeks.
Also, Trump claims to have went through the proper channels to declassify the documents before he took them. That will also have to be investigated before charges are laid l, and whether or not he even had the right to declassify the materials he had in his possession.
He definitely didn’t follow the usual process because they apparently weren’t marked declassified. I think they’re brewing the argument that the potus technically doesn’t have to follow any process.
But the other part of this is the espionage act, presidential records act, and obstruction of justice don’t require documents to be classified for their removal to be in violation. For the former, as I understand it, it really all boils down to what the documents contain. At the very least, keeping documents in his vacation home safe when they contain sensitive information related to defense is gross mishandling. Obviously, anything marked TS/SCI could potentially qualify under that act, regardless of whether they were declassified. And no intent to commit espionage is required, if he fails to return those documents on demand he could be in violation.

A lot to unpack with this stuff. Going to be in interesting ride when more info starts coming out.

Ed: Not an expert on this stuff. This is what I am reading within the act itself, and the opinions of experts.

it isn't even just a former president. It is basically the strongest figure in American politics currently and is actively campaigning for specific candidates, some of whom are going against the big republican mega donor's candidates, etc.

They saw the elections in AZ and are shook. They couldn't demonize and stop someone like Kari Lake, so they need to go after Trump himself to smear the entire brand of MAGA candidates for the mid terms.
Lol Shook.
A Trumper won the primary. Big Whoop!
Trump will cost the GOP the senate. Trump idiots won the GOP Senate Primary in GA, OH, and PA and all of them are going to lose. Herschel Walker will lose bigly but not as bad as Trump backed Governor Candidate, Perdue, who Kemp fucking destroyed. Trump has basically given away GA.
Hell even Raffensperger, the dude that Trump asked to cheat so he could steal GA, and when he would not got death threats. Raffensperger spanked the Trump backed candidate.
See the GOP is starting to realize in some states they have a Trump problem. The Trump backed candidate wins the primary, and no matter how hard they try to pivot in the general, they still have Trump stink on them. Sure Trump plays well in states that the Dems have no prayer of winning, but states that are swing states, the Trump Candidate is getting their shit pushed in.
I would think the tax payers in AZ would get sick of paying for multiple recounts, that show Biden won. I would be pissed at the Cyber Ninja mishandling my personal information and taking private jets everywhere on my dime, then saying like the other 5 recounts, Biden won.

What was the process? He sent some back in Feb when told to. What halal we here and why did they have to go full on raid? What were they doing the whole time?

I really can't understand this response from you. If the reports are true he had above top secret documents in a safe at Mar-A-Lago and did not return ALL of them when asked to. What possible motive could Trump have to buck law and order in This way with sensitive documents to our country?

That is a kick the door down moment if ever there was one in my opinion.

Last edited:
Interesting. Again I feel like this is like calling in 25 patrol cars and a helicopter for speeding. It doesn’t match the crime at all.
Like any lawyer is going to go on a news channel and say my client is fucking guilty.
Trumps lawyer is now a source?

tedium060617.gif

I'm with you. This does not look good for him and his supporters are in clear denial.
After the incessant "lock her up!" chants that fueled them for years, seeing their deposed king in exile raided by the FBI, and investigated for espionage, is clearly just too much for them to handle. Even by their standards their humorless nastiness is super high in this thread.

They went on all in with Agent Orange, threw all their power behind him, but their attack just ended up like this:
AlertSolidBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif

So yeah it appears they lied about giving up all the material

This is an interesting part:

"The Justice Department also subpoenaed surveillance footage from Mar-a-Lago, including views from outside the storage room. According to a person briefed on the matter, the footage prompted concern among investigators about the handling of the material."

his buddies aren't

It's concerning to me that the man has received no political consequence for mishandlings such as these. He's given every excuse that he can do as he pleases, and in this case (as the one in the video) he has the legal right to do so but obviously incurs the cost of trust from allies who may not want to share valuable Intel with the U.S. And for what? So that he can boast that he has the best Intel?

It's concerning to me that the man has received no political consequence for mishandlings such as these. He's given every excuse that he can do as he pleases, and in this case (as the one in the video) he has the legal right to do so but obviously incurs the cost of trust from allies who may not want to share valuable Intel with the U.S. And for what? So that he can boast that he has the best Intel?
He couldn't even keep his mouth shut when he was speaking to Bob Woodward, who informed Trump that he was recording the conversation. He started bragging about nuclear technology "I have built" that nobody knows about.

This is an interesting part:

"The Justice Department also subpoenaed surveillance footage from Mar-a-Lago, including views from outside the storage room. According to a person briefed on the matter, the footage prompted concern among investigators about the handling of the material."

Talk about "the tape doesn't lie..."

Someone somewhere is filling their shorts right now.

He definitely didn’t follow the usual process because they apparently weren’t marked declassified. I think they’re brewing the argument that the potus technically doesn’t have to follow any process.
But the other part of this is the espionage act, presidential records act, and obstruction of justice don’t require documents to be classified for their removal to be in violation. For the former, as I understand it, it really all boils down to what the documents contain. At the very least, keeping documents in his vacation home safe when they contain sensitive information related to defense is gross mishandling. Obviously, anything marked TS/SCI could potentially qualify under that act, regardless of whether they were declassified. And no intent to commit espionage is required, if he fails to return those documents on demand he could be in violation.

A lot to unpack with this stuff. Going to be in interesting ride when more info starts coming out.

Ed: Not an expert on this stuff. This is what I am reading within the act itself, and the opinions of experts.
I'd be willing to bet a hefty amount that his argument will be that he can will any document into declassification simply by thinking it. It sounds like a Monty Python skit, but here we are.

The authorities (DOJ, FBI etc.) are carefully assessing every possible angle including the political blowback at every step of the investigation. They will undoubtedly consult lawyers about that argument, as well as political strategists, analysts, law enforcement agencies and every possible stakeholder agency about all the laws he's broken such as the ones you mentioned.

I'm not expert either. None of us here are apart from maybe a few lawyers. Btw, are there any Trump supporting lawyers who post here? I don't remember seeing any. If there are, I'd be interested in hearing what they think. I'd also be interested in hearing from Rudy Giuliani but for other reasons lol

He couldn't even keep his mouth shut when he was speaking to Bob Woodward, who informed Trump that he was recording the conversation. He started bragging about nuclear technology "I have built" that nobody knows about.
He also bragged to Woodward (was it Woodward or someone else) about how serious the pandemic was going to be only to scale it back later and treat it as though it was nothing. I think it took us two years to round that corner. Did he forget he told a journalist with considerable clout about it?

Why are these people ignoring that they seized TS/SCI documents that the former president didn’t return?

Because they will say and do ANYTHING to protect their dear leader. It’s fucking insane but it has been for years.

I’ve said that Trump could rape a baby on live TV and his followers would blame the baby

He also bragged to Woodward (was it Woodward or someone else) about how serious the pandemic was going to be only to scale it back later and treat it as though it was nothing. I think it took us two years to round that corner. Did he forget he told a journalist with considerable clout about it?
He admitted to Bob Woodward on tape that he deliberately downplayed the threat of Covid. When it was pointed out here, his cult generally responded with bigly brained lines like, "Bob Woodward! LOL! You read him?! That's fake news, can't be trusted!" Then 5 minutes later they'd post a tweet from Jack Posobiec or someone similar as a source.

Back