Try to leave nostalgia out of it, is there a division that got worse?

I said I thought no Pride fighter who hasn't proved himself in the ufc (so Overeem doesn't count) could make it in the ufc's top 5, but you're right prime Fedor could maybe make it though (maybe 5th or 6th).

ok, i will let you change your point again, it still doesnt follow- name your 5 current UFC heavyweights who werent in Pride you that you think are better than Prime Fedor.

a "punchers chance" isnt better.
"could maybe beat him" isnt better.

You also said even today then included DC who isn't today, seeing as he is retired

This dude keeps moving the goalposts on what hes saying.

i wanted to like yer post, but im out.

HW and LHW.
The mere fact that you have Derrick Lewis as one of the top ranked HW, along with some fossils like Oleynik, and few guys who have been fighting since last century/ early 2000s (Overeem, Hunt not long ago) as serious contenders is the biggest indicator of "evolution" of that division.
Not to mention that the champ is a part time 38 y.o. fighter, the guy who KO'd him 2 years ago was a 41 y.o. 5'10" fatso, and the current first contender is the guy whose punching technique puts Prime Bob Sapp to shame.

Lewis is provably the 6th best HW right t now.

Hinestly, who was the 6th best Pride HW?

That 38 year-old, part-time firefighter beats everyone who ever fought in Pride.

38 isnt old for a HW either. Frankie just beat a top 5 be and hes 39.

Just Cuz fedor went to shit at 33 doesnt mean thats ild, especially at HW.

Last edited:
hilarious

not a single 1 is a current UFC heavyweight, but i know you wanted to feel like you did something there.
Ahh right, ok in that case

Werdum
Stipe
Reem
Black beast
Gustaffson

All pretty easily

Strength of division depends on how many contenders have p4p top 10 potential. LHW of the past had basically the whole top 10 with such fighters. Now the champ and number 1 contender aren't really on that level. It has (or had) an aging Jones.

HW has Stipe and possibly Ngannou as such. It used to have about 3-5 fighters on that level. Fedor, Nog, Cro Cop, Randy and I'd say Barnett as well.

MW has more depth with contenders than when Franklin was champ, when Anderson was surging.

While the big divisional change of recent years has been FW and BW peaking as divisions. No more early day shallowness, but both divs have a lot of elite contenders.

MW compared to back when Quarry and Loiseau were championship fights is night and day.
Although to be fair most of the elite MW sized fighters back then weren't fighting at 185 In UFC.

Reactions: MCS
@leatherneck
I'm not changing anything...
It's pretty clear.
Miocic
Werdum
Blaydes
Ngannou
So Prime Fedor would be 5th IMO, and 6th if we could still include Cormier.
Every other Pride fighter is out of the top 5.
It can't get more crystal clear than that.

Pretty much all divisions have gotten better except heavyweight and maybe light heavyweight.

BTW, i can't believe there's people who said 185 has gotten worse...
<36>

@leatherneck
So among thousands of posters you recognize my syntax?
What is so special with it?
We got a Columbo wannabe here ladies and gentlemen.

@leatherneck
It's pretty clear.
Miocic
Werdum
Blaydes
Ngannou

Werdum? Who just looked awful and got beat by a 43 years old man Oleynik. Oleynik who btw who was getting by Chael Sonnen around the time the great PRIDE HWs were fighting

@pankrat I joined today because it's my first day here.
But sherdog white belt =/= mma white belt ;)

Tell me more :rolleyes:

@pankrat
I am talking about the Werdum who submitted Fedor.
The question @leatherneck asked was "name me 5 current HWs that are better than Fedor?" Werdum is a current HW and he is better than Fedor I don't know what's isn't clear there.

@leatherneck
It's pretty clear.
Miocic
Werdum
Blaydes
Ngannou

1. you cant count Werdum, he was in Pride. you cant say Pride fighters arent as good as UFC then count a Pride fighter.
2. last time you said Ngannou had a punchers chance. now youre saying hes better, ok.
3. so you really have named 2 you think are better- Blaydes and Miocic, or 3 depending.

i think Ngannou is very dangerous, and will go down as better than Stipe. who wouldve lost to PLENTY of Pride fighters.

but really the best time for heavyweights was in the UFC about 10 yrs ago, it was way better then than now.

@pankrat
The question @leatherneck asked was "name me 5 current HWs that are better than Fedor?" Werdum is a current HW and he is better than Fedor I don't know what's isn't clear there.

thats NOT what you said,

This is what you said:

am I the only one who thinks noone of the Pride Days could have become a top 5 UFC HW, even today?

Werdum WAS FROM THE PRIDE DAYS. he submitted Fedor 10 years ago, and hes not even in the UFC right now.

1. it sounds like you think Werdum IS as good as the UFC top 5- fine.
2. hes still not a UFC heavyweight. hes an ex UFC, ex Pride heavyweight.

@leatherneck
Only thing Ngannou has over any top 50 HW in the ufc is a puncher's chance actually. He gasses, has no td, has no ground game, and his boxing is very technically sound.
But the thing he hits so hard that this puncher's chance made him the N1 contender. I would favor him over anyone in the HW except for Miocic and maybe Cormier.
Ngannou vs Prime Fedor is 70-30 imo

@pankrat

You were comparing Pride with today. Werdum today is not the one of 2010.
Werdum today is not better than Fedor at his peak.

By the way, there isnt any doubt at this point that you are a clueless mongoloid with no idea about the sport. You probably got banned and just rejoined today with a new account. You know, the typical online rat nerd you can find in forums:rolleyes:

Women’s 135 used to be the premier division in UFC until Ronda lost one time and Dana and co. turned all their attention to 115.

@leatherneck
I said that indeed but then you asked me to back up my statement by naming 5 HW that are better than Fedor, so that's what I did.
Either you're a complete troll and I'm just biting the hook or you are such hardcore Fedor fan that you can deal with the fact many HWs are better than him, so you try to play on words and to formulate questions in a way that suits you.
To make this simple and to put an end to this dialogue of the deaf, here are the HWs I think would beat Prime Fedor, regardless of orgs etc.
Miocic
Cormier
Lesnar
Ngannou
Blaydes
Overeem
Werdum

Many of them are pure UFC fighters and still fighting for the UFC, so I think the narrative that "Pride HW division was the best" is completely false, since their most dominant fighter would get beaten by a couple guys who aren't even champs in an era said to suck... (which I don't agree on)

@pankrat

The fact you started to insult me when I didn't just shows who between us is the rat nerd that perfectly knows he won't get his ass kicked for talking trash because he hides behind the comfort of anonymity and who is the other guy.

Back