TUF 25 Finale - Gaethje vs Johnson - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't entirely shock me if Bosse looked for a TD. Had OC on the ground a little bit and Cannonier is much harder to hit. But yeah all signs point to a brawl.

Not sure about the chin part though. Both have been knocked out, but we saw Bosse eat bombs against OC, while Cannonier hasn't been hit clean outside of Shawn Jordan who put him out.

I'm on Cannonier unless the lines are crazy, but Bosse may be the quickest and most explosive guy he's faced which could be worth noting. But I definitely favor Cannonier

From what I remember he got OC down after he rocked him bad and OC tried to throw a kick which Bosse caught. Also regarding Bosse chin, its good but he did get knocked out stiff by Santos and nearly got knocked out stiff by OC (he recovered very quickly but I've seen fights stopped for less). Bosse cardio seemed great in the fight vs OC and Cannonier's did too vs Cutelaba. I think that Jordan and Cutelaba are better athletes than Bosse so its nothing new for Cannonier although Bosse is a great athlete in his own right.

Straight off the page I like

Jordan Johnson,
Impressed me with his discipline to just 'get the win' which is what we need gambling, can see him just grinding

Angela Hill, hurts me to say it because I hate WMMA but she impressed me against andrande and there's NOTHING Yoders gunna do that andrade didn't

Weirdly I like Gray in this fight I'm not super sold on Ishihara and I don't see why he can't just grind him out like guida did at weekend

Marcel Fortuna at lhw wow he knocked out Hamilton in last fight. I Think I will bet him

Marcel Fortuna at lhw wow he knocked out Hamilton in last fight. I Think I will bet him

I strongly recommend watching some tape on Fortuna prior to his UFC debut. He didn't look impressive at all, granted the knockout of Hamilton was impressive but it strikes me as a low percentage outcome since he is BJJ guy and that was the first KO of his career.

imo fortuna/johnson comes down to fortuna's takedown defence. any intel?

Gray Maynard is p4p top list material on most shot fighter in the UFC and Ishi melts people. I'm pretty sure he's going to retire Gray here.

Gray Maynard is p4p top list material on most shot fighter in the UFC and Ishi melts people. I'm pretty sure he's going to retire Gray here.

i've done some tape study on this one. i think gray has a path to victory with his wrestling and brute strength, but he's looked much less effective in recent years. he might get some takedowns but i don't think he'll hold ishi down. at range he's fucked though.

ishihara fades a bit in fights and who knows how seriously he takes his training. he might be out fornicating with nightclub whores every night. that being said, i do like him to catch a win here, probably by tko.

i've done some tape study on this one. i think gray has a path to victory with his wrestling and brute strength, but he's looked much less effective in recent years. he might get some takedowns but i don't think he'll hold ishi down. at range he's fucked though.

ishihara fades a bit in fights and who knows how seriously he takes his training. he might be out fornicating with nightclub whores every night. that being said, i do like him to catch a win here, probably by tko.
this ishi guy lost to artem lobov lol

Ishi does train at TAM now so they should prepare him well for Maynard who now has become a pretty one dimensional wrestler.

Curious to see how a fighter like Ishihara will recover from the first beating he's taken. I doubt I'll bet him unless odds are really good.

Leaning Hill, Eye, Maynard, Lima, and Johnson. Not looking forward to recent tape on a lot of these guys.

this ishi guy lost to artem lobov lol

I hope this was a wake up call. Everyone gotta handle that first brutal Loss when you think you are untouchable.

I listened to an amazing interview with Nicklas Bäckström, the Swedish prospect who finished that amazing bull dog choke and got super hyped only to get knocked out in Stockholm in a minute. The hybris and confidence these guys on a roll experience is out of this world, and how they handle their first big loss will decide how successful they'll be.

The interview was in Swedish and I'll recommend anyone who understands Swedish to listen to it. Check out Mma-podden.

I'm retarded

Will MJ crack dat Chin tho

i didn't think i was going to play this fight but holy fucking shit +175.

johnson.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back