TUF 27: Undefeated Ep 3 - 10 p.m. ET

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
The-Ultimate-Fighter-Undefeated-TUF-27-Miocic-vs-Cormier.jpg

In the upcoming episode, Team Miocic will put hard-hitting Jose Martinez Jr. up against Team Cormier's Luis Pena in a lightweight matchup that will put the second 155-pounder into the next round of the tournament.

Martinez enters the tournament with a perfect 4-0 record after a whopping 13 amateur fights before turning pro.

Since turning pro, Pena is 4-0 with all four of his bouts ending by either knockout or submission.

This should be a decent scrap.

Looks promising for solid scrapping!

I like Luis in this.

20180502075831_tuf.JPG

Episode 3: Luis “Violent Bob Ross” Pena def. Jose Martinez via Decision (Unanimous)

Dana White: "That was a great fight. While I thought Luis dominated, it was still a tough fight on both sides. I look forward to seeing Luis fight again for sure."

Stipe Miocic: "I thought Jose had grit and would get it done on this one. I'm proud that he kept going and pushing forward and he never gave up. He had trouble with the distance and closing the gap, but again I am proud of his performance and the heart he showed by never giving up."

Jose Martinez: "My game plan was to stick to my guns with my striking and just landing bombs. Unfortunately, I wasn't ready for that distance on a 6'3" guy. He surprised me a lot with that front kick, we hadn't seen that from him before. It was a great game plan but Luis and his team and they got the W. But every setback is just a setup for a major come back."

Daniel Cormier: "Luis is very confident and he showed today why he is a favorite in this competition. It's a tough situation going up against a friend, but he went out there and acted like a professional. He's long and mean and he got it done. He showed why he has the confidence that he does. I'm excited to see what he does for our team moving forward in the competition."

Luis Pena: "I saw the fight going the way it did, with me dominating. I'm sad I didn't get the finish, but I am happy that I dominated everywhere that the fight went. I couldn't have asked for a better team. We are one cohesive unit and we're hoping to all be fighting in the semi finals."

Last edited:
Peña looks very promising in my opinion, I didn't expect him to be anywhere near as good as he looked. Lots of weapons, solid takedown defense and he knows how to use his reach and physicality to his advantage. He'll be hard to beat.

Pena looked really good IMO.

The high kick DC tried to throw was the highlight for me.

Last edited:
Pena looked good but never moved his head off center, and didnt cut angles. Striking defense looked suspect to me. He has a good skillset to work with and could be in the UFC right now.

Pena looked good but never moved his head off center, and didnt cut angles. Striking defense looked suspect to me. He has a good skillset to work with and could be in the UFC right now.

I was thinking similarly and because his opponent boasted of boxing since he was 5 I thought he’d have no problem catching Pena’s high, non-moving chin....but nope.

My favorite part of the show was Pena repeatedly boasting about how calm, chill and collected he is before a fight despite the video evidence clearly showing he’s as tightly wound and irritable, if not more so, as every other fighter.

“I have the chill mannerisms of Bob Ross before a fight...HEY!!! Shut the fuck up!! I’m trying to be chill over here!!”

“As I was saying, I’m just a calm, chill, low maintenance guy....Wait what?!! I’m not using these fucking gloves!! They make my handsies hurt!!”

This season is shaping out to be one of the better seasons in a while.

Good scraps so far.

Seriously hate that kid Delaney or however you spell it. I couldnt deal with his attitude all day every day

My favorite part of the show was Pena repeatedly boasting about how calm, chill and collected he is before a fight despite the video evidence clearly showing he’s as tightly wound and irritable, if not more so, as every other fighter.

“I have the chill mannerisms of Bob Ross before a fight...HEY!!! Shut the fuck up!! I’m trying to be chill over here!!”

“As I was saying, I’m just a calm, chill, low maintenance guy....Wait what?!! I’m not using these fucking gloves!! They make my handsies hurt!!”

hahahah " you dont have to fucken yell man"
honestly though weigh ins and weight cuts are terrible stressful and miserable. i cant blame him for being irritable.

Bob Ross looked good. I liked how he went to the Thai clinch a lot

Pena looked awesome but he is begging to get koed with his chin so high

Bob Ross sonned the Aussie guy. I'll give the Aussie guy credit for not kicking off. If someone told another fighter to shut the fuck up in an earlier season there would have been a riot.

Anybody else hear Pena call himself a black man and wonder wtf he's thinking? His skin is white, he's got freckles, he's got a white person's nose / facial structure, and he has reddish hair. Just because you grow your hair out into an afro doesn't make you black. If he cut his hair and shaved his beard, he'd look like any other skinny white guy.

Another wtf moment was that Pena's girl was supposed to be a burlesque dancer. I didn't know they had 200lb women as burlesque dancers, unless maybe it's in some weird fetish club.

The guy is full of it.

Anybody else hear Pena call himself a black man and wonder wtf he's thinking? His skin is white, he's got freckles, he's got a white person's nose / facial structure, and he has reddish hair. Just because you grow your hair out into an afro doesn't make you black. If he cut his hair and shaved his beard, he'd look like any other skinny white guy.

Another wtf moment was that Pena's girl was supposed to be a burlesque dancer. I didn't know they had 200lb women as burlesque dancers, unless maybe it's in some weird fetish club.

The guy is full of it.
He's the whitest black guy I've ever seen, whiter than an albino. I think his nose is actually more resembling a black man's though

Back