PBP TUF 31 Team Chandler vs. Team McGregor Watch Party PbP and full season discussion: Tuesdays 10 ET

Which team will win?

• Team Chandler

• Team McGregor

Results are only viewable after voting.
It seems like Conor gasses out just from standing up and walking around. If I was his coach/manager I would advise him not to fight Chandler and just retire.

Also,
TUF-31-Cowboy-Conor-McGregor.png

Any more training and sparring from Conor himself?

It's Ken Shamrock & that will never change. Conor seems to be competent enough and has some techniques to show these fighters, Ken seasoned seemed like all they did was workout.

They also watched video of Ken's old fights. I mean that's just as good as training.

I think it will definitely benefit from there being a nice long break from TUF.

Hopefully, better quality fighters that they've been scouting and fresh ideas. I just started to tune in for the first time so I can't comment on the quality
Only two episodes into the season and its been wonderful, the persona of McGregor, the authenticity of Michael Chandler, and former UFC vets vs rookies both groups are made up of incredibly hungry guys to be in the UFC. Two quick finishes in the first two fights. Already in house drama...its been a perfect recipe.

It seems like Conor gasses out just from standing up and walking around. If I was his coach/manager I would advise him not to fight Chandler and just retire.

Also,
TUF-31-Cowboy-Conor-McGregor.png

Don't think people realize. To me it looks like he's gonna get beat worse than he did fighting Khabib. He's coming back from worse than he was last time and has NOTHING behind him momentum wise. 2 BAD losses to the guy that just beat your next foe and this guy is off his tits motivated.

While I still think he's only doing the UFC and Chandler a solid by appearing in the TV show. I don't beleive there is ANY intention for him to fight. I think the Chandler likely knows it too.

This guy. This guy ain't fighting anyone soon. I've watched both episodes. He's in worse shape than the kids he's training FFS.

Don't think people realize. To me it looks like he's gonna get beat worse than he did fighting Khabib. He's coming back from worse than he was last time and has NOTHING behind him momentum wise. 2 BAD losses to the guy that just beat your next foe and this guy is off his tits motivated.

While I still think he's only doing the UFC and Chandler a solid by appearing in the TV show. I don't beleive there is ANY intention for him to fight. I think the Chandler likely knows it too.

This guy. This guy ain't fighting anyone soon. I've watched both episodes. He's in worse shape than the kids he's training FFS.

I'm thinking the same thing. He looks bloated, soft, and pasty. Not the physique I was expecting.

Yes, this is all just a big promotional stunt, like the Miami Heat fiasco. He's making a lot of money outside of the UFC now, this show is just to keep his name relevant with MMA fans. I don't think he could legitimately "pass the medicals".

I haven't watched any episodes of this season. I heard the ratings are very very bad.

Is this true?

I'm thinking the same thing. He looks bloated, soft, and pasty. Not the physique I was expecting.

Dana knew. He’s smarter than people give him credit for. He knows that Conor looking terrible is better for business than him look “ok” or, “good considering”.

“bloated pikey” is better for business that’s “understandably ageing athlete”.

people want the fall to be as dramatic as the rise.

I will watch. Like everyone else. But now Jose Aldo’s “Joker” dig looks much more relevant than it did a few years ago

Dana knew. He’s smarter than people give him credit for. He knows that Conor looking terrible is better for business than him look “ok” or, “good considering”.

“bloated pikey” is better for business that’s “understandably ageing athlete”.

people want the fall to be as dramatic as the rise.

I will watch. Like everyone else. But now Jose Aldo’s “Joker” dig looks much more relevant than it did a few years ago

Aldo nailed it. The whole fiasco with Conor punching the mascot and spraying him was absurdly comical. He's a shadow of his former self.

Wasn’t there a rumor making rounds that Team Chandler wins the first four or five fights, then tides turn?

Back