PBP TUF 31 Team Chandler vs. Team McGregor Watch Party PbP and full season discussion: Tuesdays 10 ET

Which team will win?

• Team Chandler

• Team McGregor

Results are only viewable after voting.
...and how many times did he gas out?

this has got to be the worst season yet. crazy they have conor here and it feels so dead. i think they messed up with this whole veterans vs noobs approach.

Conor is not a coach. He has sucked ass both seasons. His fighters suck, Conor's instructions suck. All he does is pace cage side yelling out shit that doesn't help his fighter and making sure his voice is the loudest in the room so he can jack off his ego.

My takeaways so far:

The fights should just be 3 rounds. Less time to focus on bullshit anyway.
Veterans vs prospects was a god awful idea.
The pacing of this season is terrible, there drama is contrived and uninteresting
Conor is a good hype man, but not a technician coach

This show, if it continues to exist, shouldn't be for the purpose of ratings but for the purpose of "behind the scenes." More training footage, more technical talk, make it a fight enthusiast only show. X's and O's type stuff with a fight at the end. Maybe highlight people's home gyms so it can garner some business or interest for them in their locality.

I've painfully pushed through this, but, compared to Conor/Faber, Evans/Rampage, etc this has fallen so far from being interesting it's embarrassing.
Conor is not a coach. He has sucked ass both seasons. His fighters suck, Conor's instructions suck. All he does is pace cage side yelling out shit that doesn't help his fighter and making sure his voice is the loudest in the room so he can jack off his ego.

to be fair it's obvious he's just a hype man and provides off the cuff perspective type advice, he's not the guy coaching you through your gameplan and technical steps. it's almost like he's his fighters promoter during the fight lol.

I'm not shocked Chandler's team is smoking Conor's though. Chandler is obviously not just a performer but a good coach and tactician even if he doesn't use the tactician aspect in his fights. It's also painfully obvious the veterans experience is worth a lot more than the "energy" of the prospects

honestly thought carlos looked like a ufc caliber fighter, did more damage in the fight. brad resorted to lay n pray. but carlos needs to be working on getups religiously if he wants to do something. he's already 35 though so i don't see him making major improvements. this seasons premise is pretty bad. a bunch of prospect where maybe a couple are ufc caliber V ufc caliber guys who got cut and most are improved. of course it's 5-0. chandlers coaching style and team also seems vastly superior. conor is fucking out to lunch, as someone who's spent a bunch of time around drug users, conor raises quite a few red flags and telltale markers. kind of sad.

conor is fucking out to lunch, as someone who's spent a bunch of time around drug users, conor raises quite a few red flags and telltale markers. kind of sad.

Yeah, he also (I say this every opportunity I get) gives off about 637 red flags for being a bipolar type I, probably unmedicated and undiagnosed. Goes hand in hand with substance abuse and his behavioral pattern.

I too am surprised at the skill level or age of these "prospects". It feels the vets were the focal point of the show. Like they took their Jason Knights and Roosevelt Roberts and then grabbed 8 "prospects" to mirror their weight but the selection was pretty bad

It's supposed to be the McGregor show but McGregor has lost almost all his charm and shelf life

Now it's just a low key to trash Conor who seems to have to inclination with USADA

Also gotta think DWCS amongst other things dilutes the talent pool

Holy reversals Batman!
Did McGregor ask Chandler if he's been in a 5 round fight?

Last edited:
To be fair, these prospects they found are not gonna beat the UFC vets no matter who was "coaching" them on TUF.

How much can you really teach someone in the small amount of time they have on this show? I'm sure it's like a few hours total.

That's not gonna do shit to prepare these "prospects" to be able to beat UFC vets.

They could have made this season good by really scouting and going up and picking up some high level prospects..

I mean the guys they "released" are beating everyone they choose as "prospects". Some keen eye for talent there...

<EdgyBrah>

Katona might be a bit of a dick for saying it, but he's not wrong; he's got to put himself first and not worry the 7 other fighters on his team.

I don't think they can do 3 rounds until the end. With 2 round fights they can still consider it exhibition bouts, so they can fight multiple times during a season.

I'm echo-ing the general sentiment though, flat and boring season. I usually watch the whole episode through, and yesterday was the first time I fastforwarded to the end. Not to mention a pointless season too, since Conor isn't going to fight this year anyway (if he ever seriously planned it in the first place). No point in having someone like Katone win the season (again) either, he's a solid, but terrible unmarketable fighter.

Back