PBP TUF 31 Team Chandler vs. Team McGregor Watch Party PbP and full season discussion: Tuesdays 10 ET

Which team will win?

• Team Chandler

• Team McGregor

Results are only viewable after voting.
That was crazy lmao. This was arguably Chandler's oldest & saltiest journeyman pulling the Hail Mary upset over McGregor's golden boy and blue chip prospect. People were picking Lee Hammond to win the whole damn thing. Kurt, meanwhile, has the last impressive resume of all the Veterans. He is the epitome of a regional scene warrior. He'd stack up finishes in XFC, Titan, etc. but every time he got called up to the big leagues he fell short. He lost in every single one of his five appearances he had in Strikeforce and the UFC. His best wins are over Des Green in the regionals and Matt Bessette on DWCS, both of which had UFC/Bellator stints but aren't exactly household names. Furthermore, Holobaugh hadn't fought in nearly two years by the time the TUF season started filming.

I guess Landon has a chance of beating Jason Knight next week. He seems to be the next-best prospect after Hammond and is legitimately dangerous on the feet... but he's still unproven in the grand scheme of things. It's hard to get a read on Knight. He had a mixed bag of performances in the UFC. Wins over Skelly, Caceres, and Hooker are nothing to scoff at. It's easy to say that he fell off a cliff afterward based on his loss streak (and to be fair Lamas TKO'd him while Benitez & Rinaldi dominated him)... but the fights with Amirkhani and Moffett in the PFL were pretty contentious in terms of scoring and he arguably could have won those. Other than that, his level of competition outside the UFC lately hasn't been great and he's also been getting mixed up in bareknuckle while also moving up a weight class for this season which usually isn't a good sign late in one's career like this... I dunno. I could see Landon outstriking him, but I could also see the Veterans sweeping here. Knight has a solid resume after all and is way more proven in the grand scheme of things. Jason's chin is historically very good.

Last edited:
I feel like this season will be the final nail in the coffin

People tune in bc of Conor and realize it's dog shite

what the hell are they gonna do to make people tune in after this

I feel like this season will be the final nail in the coffin

People tune in bc of Conor and realize it's dog shite

what the hell are they gonna do to make people tune in after this
If they cut the reality aspect in half and make 2 fights for ep, then It becomes good

That was crazy lmao. This was arguably Chandler's oldest & saltiest journeyman pulling the Hail Mary upset over McGregor's golden boy and blue chip prospect. People were picking Lee Hammond to win the whole damn thing. Kurt, meanwhile, has the last impressive resume of all the Veterans. He is the epitome of a regional scene warrior. He'd stack up finishes in XFC, Titan, etc. but every time he got called up to the big leagues he fell short. He lost in every single one of his five appearances he had in Strikeforce and the UFC. His best wins are over Des Green in the regionals and Matt Bessette on DWCS, both of which had UFC/Bellator stints but aren't exactly household names. Furthermore, Holobaugh hadn't fought in nearly two years by the time the TUF season started filming.

I guess Landon has a chance of beating Jason Knight next week. He seems to be the next-best prospect after Hammond and is legitimately dangerous on the feet... but he's still unproven in the grand scheme of things. It's hard to get a read on Knight. He had a mixed bag of performances in the UFC. Wins over Skelly, Caceres, and Hooker are nothing to scoff at. It's easy to say that he fell off a cliff afterward based on his loss streak (and to be fair Lamas TKO'd him while Benitez & Rinaldi dominated him)... but the fights with Amirkhani and Moffett in the PFL were pretty contentious in terms of scoring and he arguably could have won those. Other than that, his level of competition outside the UFC lately hasn't been great and he's also been getting mixed up in bareknuckle while also moving up a weight class for this season which usually isn't a good sign late in one's career like this... I dunno. I could see Landon outstriking him, but I could also see the veterans sweeping here. Knight has a solid resume after all and is way more proven in the grand scheme of things. Jason's chin is historically very good.
My fiancee can back me up on this: I knew Holololobaugh was going to guillotine Lee.
Lee's neck is so fucking long and his grappling posture always leaves his neck hanging. Knew Kurt would snatch it eventually.

I was worried the whole fight like "Shit, i'm gonna seem like an asshole now" because Lee was putting it on him.

Lee's positional control needs work. He's so eager to start punching that he doesn't commit to the position, so when he raises up for some GnP (he's great at it) he loses position and has to go backwards to regain it.

Lee doesn't come off as a fighter yet to me.
Not calling him a pussy, soft, etc. everyone gets caught in fights and sometimes are too tired/injured from beating someone up to properly defend. I just mean that he's so serious about the process he seems to kind of recoil when the real thing happens. You see this all the time in younger guys. They train sooooo fucking hard and push push push, compete, scrap every day that they just shoot their wad in the training room with nothing left on fight day. Add a big weight cut to that, and sheesh.

You could see it in the build-up clips. He's so dedicated to the process and so serious about it that he doesn't have that irrational, near-psychotic switch to turn on and just think solely about the fight. Best evidence for me was the post-weigh-in staredown with Kurt, where Kurt is pissed off, looking mean, bouncing around with energy. Lee is trying to match his vibe instead of just being himself. He wants to look like a fighter, act like a fighter, play the part so perfect. Even in the fight he started to open up but didn't want to look "Sloppy".

I think this loss will be good for him in the long run. He should just go out and air it out. Young, athletic kid who seems to enjoy the crappy part of it all, just needs to express himself in the fight.

Lmao
I honestly don't think McGregor ever fights again in the UFC. He just doesn't have any discipline anymore
That's a massive stretch.

He will fight again in the UFC. Him & his team were just dead wrong about USADA's rules about the testing pool and now they must wait until Conor's system is completely clean and won't piss hot.

People said the same thing after the Floyd fight about Conor never fighting again and he came back a year later.

Conor mentioned to the judges "Have you ever fought five round for a championship?" Well, Conor never fought five rounds for a championship.

My fiancee can back me up on this: I knew Holololobaugh was going to guillotine Lee.
Lee's neck is so fucking long and his grappling posture always leaves his neck hanging. Knew Kurt would snatch it eventually.

I was worried the whole fight like "Shit, i'm gonna seem like an asshole now" because Lee was putting it on him.

Lee's positional control needs work. He's so eager to start punching that he doesn't commit to the position, so when he raises up for some GnP (he's great at it) he loses position and has to go backwards to regain it.

Yeah, in hindsight I saw some of what you're talking about during the fight. I didn't feel like Lee was by any means a shoo-in against Kurt. More of a "If Conor has any chance of pushing a guy through to the second round, this is his team's best match-up."

Hammond is indeed a bit weird in that elements of his positional grappling game are very strong and others are weak. He had weird lapses, but as someone who had never seen him compete prior I was actually quite impressed with his ability to win a lot of those scrambles and utilize reversals even from spots where it seemed like he was ostensibly about to get caught and stuck on bottom.

Lee doesn't come off as a fighter yet to me.
Not calling him a pussy, soft, etc. everyone gets caught in fights and sometimes are too tired/injured from beating someone up to properly defend. I just mean that he's so serious about the process he seems to kind of recoil when the real thing happens. You see this all the time in younger guys. They train sooooo fucking hard and push push push, compete, scrap every day that they just shoot their wad in the training room with nothing left on fight day. Add a big weight cut to that, and sheesh.

You could see it in the build-up clips. He's so dedicated to the process and so serious about it that he doesn't have that irrational, near-psychotic switch to turn on and just think solely about the fight. Best evidence for me was the post-weigh-in staredown with Kurt, where Kurt is pissed off, looking mean, bouncing around with energy. Lee is trying to match his vibe instead of just being himself. He wants to look like a fighter, act like a fighter, play the part so perfect. Even in the fight he started to open up but didn't want to look "Sloppy".

I think this loss will be good for him in the long run. He should just go out and air it out. Young, athletic kid who seems to enjoy the crappy part of it all, just needs to express himself in the fight.

I think part of this might very well be the environment he was raised in. It's important, after all, to remember that he's a young kid who got into the sport at a young age and had spent the entirety of his career training under the tutelage of Kavanaugh at SBG as one of McGregor's training partners. He saw Conor's ascension & fall firsthand and his own career has been pretty much initiated from the launchpad of Conor's shadow... I feel like coming up in those kind of surroundings with that kind of context can really affect one's mindset for the fight game.

It's entirely possible that a Lee Hammond who goes and spends a year or two at ATT or something looks way better in the long run. Seems fairly young, talented, athletic, and coachable enough.

There was a quick shot they showed back in the first episode of Conor running around the outside of the octagon celebrating. I'm sure it was after a team win (finally). So that might be it.
How hilarious would it be if Conor goes 0-8 and ends up celebrating getting Katona back?

Poor Conor.

Screenshot-2023-06-30-144744.png

Couldnt happen to a nicer guy.

Been seeing people sitting on the prospects but no credit to the vets.

Honestly most of these vets can still kick it in the ufc, with a few who should still be there.

Kurt is probably the worst vet on the team and still managed the win. Hick Diazs fight iq may cost Chandler the unbeaten streak.

Funny how Conrat has no problem putting his hands on Chandler with a bunch of people around but is actively avoiding the actual fight. Dudes lost it
Just like he avoided the Nate rematch, Khabib, and Dustin trilogy... right...

Back