Tuivasa looked good

JustBreed

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Despite the loss, is anyone else surprised at how fast Tuivasa looked despite his size? This has been evident in previous fights but I didnt expect him to sustain the pace he did up until getting cracked by JDS.

I think that guys got good potential if he sticks at it. The question will be if he has the maturity to stick it out through a couple of beatings that he might receive from the top guys while He develops.

He looked good however his fight IQ was very green. 1 or 2 more leg kicks and it would have been close to over.

Is there some unspoken rule that once someone reacts or limps from a leg kick, you stop throwing them?
Ah this kicking is working, better change game plan and run at him with my face

He'll stick around for a while, brute of a man who can take a punch & good athlete . He is young but his skill set at this stage isn't particularly refined to be a consistent elite fighter...guys like Stipe, Reem, DC, Blaydes etc have an arsenal and the technical ability to exploit Tuivasa, but he can improve. The UFC really need to start investing more in their HW division.

Huge potential IMO.

Power, speed and a belly that makes us all feel less self-consious.

giphy.gif

Is there some unspoken rule that once someone reacts or limps from a leg kick, you stop throwing them?

He did kick and JDS checked it. It looked like it hurt a lot, probably why he stopped.

He has a scary explosive first step. He reminds me of kelvin and to a degree bobby knuckles the way he launches into his shots.

Mma is so far evolved from when it first started. Remember when idiots were trying to go for submissions from the bottom now they know to go for the ko when they are mounted.

At one point JDS checked his leg kick which must have hurt if he stopped throwing them. One of the commentators picked it up and it seemed to be a hard leg check, if you haven't had your kicks checked they are very painful, it's shin on shin at full power

Totally agree! He looked good and had this, but fight IQ (or corner?) failed him.

JDS is a veteran and tough as nails. Man can he take punishment. Silly fool who thinks JDS will fold with a few shots.

Despite the loss, is anyone else surprised at how fast Tuivasa looked despite his size? This has been evident in previous fights but I didnt expect him to sustain the pace he did up until getting cracked by JDS.

I think that guys got good potential if he sticks at it. The question will be if he has the maturity to stick it out through a couple of beatings that he might receive from the top guys while He develops.
Whadiyatalkinabeet?

Looked good but lacks real fight IQ needz less brawling and more calm smart fighting, more Mark Hunt cool required...

He looked good however his fight IQ was very green. 1 or 2 more leg kicks and it would have been close to over.
yes. i was yelling at the tv: "tai, attack the knee. be patient. jds is already on one leg. you're up on the scorecards. now stop rushing in with your hands down."

tai had that fight won but the man seems to have only one speed: bullrush and attack.

jds was forced to be morepatient after his knee got hurt and he just picked tai apart as tai continued to rush in.

it was really frustrating to watch cause i was rooting for the kid given he was fighting in front of his home crowd and he was really close to victory.

he shouldve kept attacking the leg like that nate diaz fight

He did kick and JDS checked it. It looked like it hurt a lot, probably why he stopped.

At one point JDS checked his leg kick which must have hurt if he stopped throwing them. One of the commentators picked it up and it seemed to be a hard leg check, if you haven't had your kicks checked they are very painful, it's shin on shin at full power
I think it was Smith said it? Def saw JDS check and he pulled leg back. Was more of a broad statement across 50 other fights.
Ponz v Magny was another one. But that was because he was head hunting for a highlight.

He’s a beast, tough fight for most guys.
but, for real only got about a round and a half in him...
Can’t sustain good cardio and be outta shape like that. Also that ground game needs work bad.

Once Junior finally started using his jab the fight started to turn in his favour.

Tuivasa would wreck Greg Hardy and do his little belly dance, and I can't wait to see that happen
Book it, dana

Back