Tuna Fishing long range trip

How many people get to go

Man I only have fished in lakes and rivers, I bet catching that tuna was intense!

How many people get to go

The trip can carry 24 but this year only 17 paid. Since my Godfather was hurt he didn't fish and it was only 16 really fishing.

I just read the report from that trip, almost got a super cow on that one I think. Most I’ve done is 2 1/2 day out of Seaforth. We’ve been doing that Charter for over 10 years now.

I used to go a lot out of Seaforth on the Orion and Legend when I was a kid. I think they changed the name of the boat of the Legend, Sean was captain but I'm not sure anymore been so long. Where did you read the report at BloodyDecks?

The trip can carry 24 but this year only 17 paid. Since my Godfather was hurt he didn't fish and it was only 16 really fishing
So you guys caught 7 fish between 16 people?

Not being a wise guy, catching a big tuna is in my to do list..
I looked up the boat after I quoted you, looks like your trip is all that really on that site now

So you guys caught 7 fish between 16 people?

Not being a wise guy, catching a big tuna is in my to do list..
I looked up the boat after I quoted you, looks like your trip is all that really on that site now

No, I had 10 between my Godfather and myself not including the wahoo. Big tuna fishing isn't like running into epic 3 acre boils of fish and just hooking up one after another, or at least not very often. Our trip was decent and not as tough as some others that were there before and after us but that's fishing.

@Ceez for some reason I assumed you were a grungy drug addict that probably lived in a run-down motel populated by prostitutes and crack-heads.

I'm glad you had fun on your boat thingy though.

@Ceez for some reason I assumed you were a grungy drug addict that probably lived in a run-down motel populated by prostitutes and crack-heads.

I'm glad you had fun on your boat thingy though.

WOW such high praise, I'm flattered. It took a lot of pimping these low level hoes to obtain the $5500.00 necessary to get on the boat but I'm not a quitter. BTW your mom should be home soon, and she needs a refill on her valtrex

WOW such high praise, I'm flattered. It took a lot of pimping these low level hoes to obtain the $5500.00 necessary to get on the boat but I'm not a quitter. BTW your mom should be home soon, and she needs a refill on her valtrex

unnecessary

Don't go getting all sensitive on me. Didn't you just get done saying how you thought I was a low life degenerate? I probably make more money then you LOL

Yeah but that was just an assumption based on your posts, wasn't personal.

You may indeed make more money than me. Lots of people do. Want a gold star? Back massage?

Yeah but that was just an assumption based on your posts, wasn't personal.

You may indeed make more money than me. Lots of people do. Want a gold star? Back massage?

Sure as hell was personal and a very detailed assessment of who you thought I was. You're probably the guy that goes around saying "you people" too and is a closet racist. I mean just as an "ass"umption based on your posts, nothing personal

5-star cuisine, 3 meals a day and 2 snacks in between and not chips and soda snacks either more like fresh cut fruit with cheese and crackers and wine, shit like that. First night dinner was prime rib and asparagus with mashed potatoes and blueberry cheesecake. Directv in every stateroom with a dvd player. Also your own climate control for your room and sink to wash up, brush teeth or whatever. 4 showers on the boat. It's really living in luxury

This was 1200 miles south of San Diego about 400 miles southwest of Cabo San Lucas. 4 Days traveling on the boat just to get there, 7 days fishing and 4 days home.

I know some guys who have caught tuna on fly-rods, I like your style bud.

I have more luxuries on my John boat...pfftftt

Sure as hell was personal and a very detailed assessment of who you thought I was. You're probably the guy that goes around saying "you people" too and is a closet racist. I mean just as an "ass"umption based on your posts, nothing personal

alright bud was just a shitty jokey post, I seem to have hit a nerve so I apologize and I'm also sorry I derailed your thread.

Honestly, you people are so sensitive some times.

alright bud was just a shitty jokey post, I seem to have hit a nerve so I apologize and I'm also sorry I derailed your thread.

Honestly, you people are so sensitive some times.

Sorry not sorry, I have no feelings Roca no need to apologize. You added comedic relief to the thread, thank you!

The trip can carry 24 but this year only 17 paid. Since my Godfather was hurt he didn't fish and it was only 16 really fishing.

I used to go a lot out of Seaforth on the Orion and Legend when I was a kid. I think they changed the name of the boat of the Legend, Sean was captain but I'm not sure anymore been so long. Where did you read the report at BloodyDecks?
Sean sold the Legend, he does fill in duty on some boats in the summer I heard. A friend of mine is a huge fan of the Intrepid and he gives me the reports.
I’m on bloodydecks a bit too, long range isn’t in my budget. It must cost $300.00 a day or more now. I Charter the Cortez, nothing fancy just kill fish with Rambo is all.

Sean sold the Legend, he does fill in duty on some boats in the summer I heard. A friend of mine is a huge fan of the Intrepid and he gives me the reports.
I’m on bloodydecks a bit too, long range isn’t in my budget. It must cost $300.00 a day or more now. I Charter the Cortez, nothing fancy just kill fish with Rambo is all.

Killing fish is what it's all about!

TBH I wasn't all that impressed with the service on the Intrepid. We rode with a group of guys that were very cliquey and Bill has the "I'm too good for you" attitude and actually ignored my godfather a couple of times. THey also threw their trash in the ocean everyday which bummed me out. I don't think I'll be going back

Killing fish is what it's all about!

TBH I wasn't all that impressed with the service on the Intrepid. We rode with a group of guys that were very cliquey and Bill has the "I'm too good for you" attitude and actually ignored my godfather a couple of times. THey also threw their trash in the ocean everyday which bummed me out. I don't think I'll be going back

That is weird to hear, trash overboard. We only have 16 on our trip and at least half are regular repeat riders, no clique forming on ours. Besides with these local Bluefin getting bigger every year it's a nice plan B option instead of LR trips.

So we went fishing for 15 days on a luxury sportfishing boat named the "Intrepid" out of San Diego. The night before we leave my godfather slips in some dog piss and tears up his knee. Long story short he didn't want to miss the trip but he never actually fished a bait and spent the first 3 days in his room on the boat never once coming out. We did well fishing wise as I have been fishing on the ocean all my life basically and know my way around any boat. Plan of action was I would hook and hand so he could reel in every other fish. Every fish down there has the chance at coming in at over 200lbs or what they call a cow.

cUHwibw.jpg

So his kite rotation comes up and they hook a fish on a yummy flyer (its a live flying fish we caught the night before) and they hand him the bigboy rod and reel. He spends 20 minutes working on this fish and it comes up tail wrapped. Bam first cow on the boat at weighs in at 255.6lbs.

PP4wA6f.jpg

Q4BP80t.jpg

FFdBH6A.jpg

He's the 2nd one from the left.

All in all good trip and the highlight was my godfather getting that cow. He may never be able to do another one of these trips again and if that's the case I got to witness him getting a cow which is the whole reason we went.

We had 1000lbs of fish and I ended up donating 456lbs to charity and the great tax right off. We have given fish to everyone lol

Fucking love tuna!! and love that you caught these yourselfs! that is so cool man! what your fishing pole look like i bet it big huh?

Awesome! I would like to go on such a fishing trip some day too ;) By the way, which rods and reels do you use? I would like to get a new one for me, and I am thinking about some of those from https://www.jandh.com/catalog/rods/manufacturer/daiwa What do you think about them? Maybe you can recommend me something about them too?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back