Turkey shots down Russian Su-24 fighter jet over Syria

Ivanhoe

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Turkey, a Nato member, is starting attcking Russian Jets in Syria.
Now Russia need to decide if they want to get angry about this .

Start of WW3 ?

Hmmm.
Might be time to see how strong those mutual defense treaties are.

What do you think about Turkeys status as a NATO member their Leader Erdogan seems Pro Islamist I hope this don't escalate furthur.

161.gif

Will be interesting to see how this plays out

After the attacks in France and stuff that is going on in Belgium, I'm not sure if all NATO members will back up Turkey.
If Russia will not retaliate directly against Turkey they will do it by proxy

After the attacks in France and stuff that is going on in Belgium, I'm not sure if all NATO members will back up Turkey.

I think that Putin's been gambling on this assumption for a while. He wants to undermine NATO, and Turkey may have just given him the chance.

There is no good reason as to why Turkey would shoot down a Russian fighter. Unless Turkey is supporting the IS. Then it makes perfect sense.

I'm a citizen of one of the NATO countries, I feel that if anyone is guilty of undermining NATO its Turkey, they are one of the main backers of ISIL by buying large amounts of ISIL oil.

I'm a citizen of one of the NATO countries, I feel that if anyone is guilty of undermining NATO its Turkey, they are one of the main backers of ISIL by buying large amounts of ISIL oil.

Agreed. Nato basically undermines itself.
Time for that beast to die.

Need more information - was Turkey the aggressor or were they justified?

Either way - article 5 should not be invoked; Turkey is not a friend to the west.

Germany sure does love to kiss Turkey's giblets, though.

Need more information - was Turkey the aggressor or were they justified?

Either way - article 5 should not be invoked; Turkey is not a friend to the west.

Germany sure does love to kiss Turkey's giblets, though.

At the moment they're claiming to be justified, but Russia is obviously claiming the opposite.

I think it's noteworthy that Turkey's been threatening to shoot down Russian jets since Russia got to Syria.

Needs more information and the problem with more information is that both are full of shit. If it violated Turkish airspace then who cares?

Back