TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell are you motherfuckers watching Riverdale? I managed to get through 4.48 minutes of the first episode before I had to tap out. It was excruciating.

How the hell are you motherfuckers watching Riverdale? I managed to get through 4.48 minutes of the first episode before I had to tap out. It was excruciating.
I did the same thing, but decided to give it another go. It gets better, not great, not even very good, but something about it keeps me coming back. Dunno why exactly, but it is fairly entertaining.

Batshit Crazy Betty is all the reason I need. Lili Reinhart has a bright future ahead of her.

Tom Hardy Drama TABOO Gets Second Season From FX and BBC

14010153_taboo-ep-steven-knight-on-how-delaney_t2a22491b.jpg

Taboo, the dark, historical Tom Hardy vehicle that recently aired on FX and the BBC, is getting a second series.

The news was announced Wednesday, with FX and the BBC again teaming up with producers Scott Free London and Hardy's own Hardy Son & Baker banner.

The new season of the series – which was created by Steven Knight, Hardy and Hardy's father Chips Hardy – will consist of eight hour-long episodes. The first outing was set in 1817 and saw Hardy's James Keziah Delaney, a man thought long dead, return to London from Africa to inherit what was left of a shipping empire, but find himself navigating increasingly complex territories in order to survive.

"We are grateful and excited to continue our relationship with the BBC and FX in contributing towards British drama," said Hardy. "Fantastic news."

Tom Hardy Drama 'Taboo' Gets Second Season From FX and BBC

New Teaser Poster for GAME OF THRONES Season 7

pqU324B.jpg

First Reviews for Marvel and Netflix's IRON FIST are Bad

vYre82d.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter - Through six episodes, in addition to failing to introduce a main character I care about at all, Iron Fist hasn't given me any season-long arc/objective that I could describe for you, much less one I'm curious to see resolved — and that's before it hits that wall between episodes 7 and 12 that none of the Marvel shows has been immune to.

Variety - Iron Fist is the most frustrating and ferociously boring example of Netflix Drift [pacing problems] in some time. It takes forever for anything to happen on “Iron Fist,” and as it stumbles along, the uninspired production design, unexceptional cinematography, and painful dialogue fail to distract the viewer from the overall lack of depth, detail, or momentum.'

Uproxx - If Iron Fist was an otherwise boring series with a hero who kicked butt in exciting ways early and often, I’d forgive the bland expository parts in the same way I do for a lot of action shows and movies. And if Finn Jones couldn’t fight but was otherwise a riveting screen presence blessed with sparkling dialogue and a compelling character arc, I’d get past the alleged living weapon’s lame physical prowess. But when neither part works at all, why would anyone but the most devout, masochistic Marvel completist want to watch?'

The Verge - The sad truth, however, is that Iron Fist is the weakest of Marvel’s Netflix series to date. As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways. But, over the course of its first six episodes, it also manages to fall short on basic levels like storytelling. Its creative laziness bankrupts the entire show. Marvel’s new series is a disappointing case study in studios needing to try harder to tell difficult stories well.

IGN - Marvel's Iron Fist starts off sluggishly, seeming far more like a soap opera than a superhero series, complete with bland, pretty, rich people sneering and scheming over family fortunes. The latter of these first six episodes eventually brings in more comic book-y and fun elements, but Iron Fist is thus far the weakest of the Marvel-Netflix series.

Den of Geek - I kept waiting for Iron Fist to kick it into another gear, and that sixth episode aside, it never quite did. If nothing else, Marvel’s Netflix efforts have earned the benefit of the doubt, and I’m willing to believe that the next seven episodes make up for lost time. Hopefully Iron Fist is just a slow burn, and the steady build that begins in episode three and blossoms in episode six continues for the rest of the series.

First Reviews for Marvel and Netflix's IRON FIST are Bad

vYre82d.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter - Through six episodes, in addition to failing to introduce a main character I care about at all, Iron Fist hasn't given me any season-long arc/objective that I could describe for you, much less one I'm curious to see resolved — and that's before it hits that wall between episodes 7 and 12 that none of the Marvel shows has been immune to.

Variety - Iron Fist is the most frustrating and ferociously boring example of Netflix Drift [pacing problems] in some time. It takes forever for anything to happen on “Iron Fist,” and as it stumbles along, the uninspired production design, unexceptional cinematography, and painful dialogue fail to distract the viewer from the overall lack of depth, detail, or momentum.'

Uproxx - If Iron Fist was an otherwise boring series with a hero who kicked butt in exciting ways early and often, I’d forgive the bland expository parts in the same way I do for a lot of action shows and movies. And if Finn Jones couldn’t fight but was otherwise a riveting screen presence blessed with sparkling dialogue and a compelling character arc, I’d get past the alleged living weapon’s lame physical prowess. But when neither part works at all, why would anyone but the most devout, masochistic Marvel completist want to watch?'

The Verge - The sad truth, however, is that Iron Fist is the weakest of Marvel’s Netflix series to date. As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways. But, over the course of its first six episodes, it also manages to fall short on basic levels like storytelling. Its creative laziness bankrupts the entire show. Marvel’s new series is a disappointing case study in studios needing to try harder to tell difficult stories well.

IGN - Marvel's Iron Fist starts off sluggishly, seeming far more like a soap opera than a superhero series, complete with bland, pretty, rich people sneering and scheming over family fortunes. The latter of these first six episodes eventually brings in more comic book-y and fun elements, but Iron Fist is thus far the weakest of the Marvel-Netflix series.

Den of Geek - I kept waiting for Iron Fist to kick it into another gear, and that sixth episode aside, it never quite did. If nothing else, Marvel’s Netflix efforts have earned the benefit of the doubt, and I’m willing to believe that the next seven episodes make up for lost time. Hopefully Iron Fist is just a slow burn, and the steady build that begins in episode three and blossoms in episode six continues for the rest of the series.

70442e8bb546c8e4350b22ba88818a16339f4fae2f9ad6a17cde7a2ba5775806.jpg

LALALALALALALLALALALALA...

I don't even like to casually see reviews until I've already seen a work, honestly.

I don't want other peoples opinions to affect mine. I like to go in with a clean slate.

I only look at reviews AFTER I've seen something, to see if I agree with their opinions.

BILLIONS Renewed for Season 3 at Showtime

Showtime is deepening its investment in Billions.

Just three weeks into the drama's sophomore run, the network has picked it up for a third season. Showtime's interest in Billions is easy to understand. The project has been a strong draw since its premiere 14 months ago. Airing after flagship Homeland, the second season premiered on Feb. 19 (after a robust streaming sampling) and has thus far netted an audience of 4.4 million viewers.

Billions, created by Brian Koppelman, David Levien and New York Times financial columnist Andrew Ross Sorkin, stars network favorite and Homeland alum Damian Lewis, as well as Paul Giamatti, Maggie Siff and Malin Akerman. It chronicles the perennial clashing of a U.S. Attorney (Giamatti) and a hedge fund king (Lewis) on a quest for personal and professional domination.

'Billions' Renewed for Season 3 at Showtime

man all of you need to start watching Imposter TV series right now.

i started to think this might be the greatest tv series ever, on the same level as GOT.

there is only 5 episode, each episode is 10/10, the plot and the cast is flawless.

man all of you need to start watching Imposter TV series right now.

i started to think this might be the greatest tv series ever, on the same level as GOT.

there is only 5 episode, each episode is 10/10, the plot and the cast is flawless.
You see, due to your love of throwing hyperbole in almost any of your opinions, it's next to impossible to take any recommendation you make at face value.

You've even openly admitted that you're very easy to entertain.

You see, due to your love of throwing hyperbole in almost any of your opinions, it's next to impossible to take any recommendation you make at face value.

im serious, this one is different.

and its not like its a DC's shows so i don't have any bias on it, but the show is that good, i have never been this excited for a show since GOT.

has anyone watch legion ? is it good ?
I stayed until the third episode from the high reviews and people saying how good it is. It's a convuluted mess to me. There's a Legion tv thread though, check that out.

Imposters is worth checking out.

If for no other reason, because of the eye candy value of the main character, played by Inbar Lavi. That girl is built like a tank, in the most complimentary sense of the term.

lavi4-copy.jpg

5jyc.jpg

BxCtwv8CMAATL4d.jpg

The plot of the show itself has potential and it’s moving at an entertainingly speedy pace.

And it has Uma Thurman in a weirdly off-character role that she is clearly having a blast playing.

im serious, this one is different.

and its not like its a DC's shows so i don't have any bias on it, but the show is that good, i have never been this excited for a show since GOT.
It's a boy who cried wolf scenario...

Imposters is worth checking out.

If for no other reason, because of the eye candy value of the main character, played by Inbar Lavi. That girl is built like a tank, in the most complimentary sense of the term.

lavi4-copy.jpg

5jyc.jpg

BxCtwv8CMAATL4d.jpg

The plot of the show itself has potential and it’s moving at an entertainingly speedy pace.

And it has Uma Thurman in a weirdly off-character role that she is clearly having a blast playing.

...okay I'll watch it.

...okay I'll watch it.

Which of my arguments did it, I wonder. :cool:

Seriously though, I'm considering looking up the episodes she was in in other shows. That woman exudes so much sex-appeal it practically drips through the screen and pools in front of the TV.

Anyone watch Into the Badlands? The second season is coming soon and I want to know if i should binge the first season.

Anyone watch Into the Badlands? The second season is coming soon and I want to know if i should binge the first season.

Depends on your taste.

Do you like wuxia movies?
Do you like post apocalyptic movies?
Do you like westerns?

Then this show is for you. Into the Badlands is what you get if you take a kung fu movie, put in a blender with a apocalyptic YA novel and a western and serve the contents in an Antebellum US South glass.

Besides, the first season is only 6 episodes long. You can get through it all in one afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back