Locked TV Show Thread (DC's Black Lightning TV Series in the Works; Dark Matter & Killjoys Renewed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHO THE HELL IS WATCHING HIS MOVIES
His brothers and sisters, which is enough to power his movies' box office earnings.

It was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, bad.
So..... you're suggesting I should contemplate on the possibility of not watching it then.

His brothers and sisters, which is enough to power his movies' box office earnings.

That has to be it. He consistently cranks out the worst movies since Troma, but those were supposed to be bad and they were bad in a funny way.

So..... you're suggesting I should contemplate on the possibility of not watching it then.

It's completely pointless.

Ashley Judd Joins the Cast of David Lynch's TWIN PEAKS

Ashley-Judd-Twin-Peaks-Revival-Dragonlord.jpg

Deadline has learned of another big name that has quietly joined Twin Peaks, David Lynch’s upcoming new installment of his groundbreaking 1990 supernatural mystery series. Deadline is reporting Ashley Judd will be in the new season, slated for premiere on Showtime in early 2017.

Additionally, in addition to Lynch reprising his role from the original series as Gordon Cole and fellow co-creator/executive producer Mark Frost reportedly doing a cameo, the site hears Frost’s dad, 90-year-old actor Warren Frost, who co-starred as Dr. Will Hayward on the ABC series, would return for a cameo.

New Twin Peaks cast additions also include Amanda Seyfried, Naomi Watts, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Laura Dern, Robert Knepper, James Belushi, Tom Sizemore, Balthazar Getty, Grant Goodeve, Larry Clarke and Caleb Landry Jones.

On the returning cast members front, star Kyle MacLachlan is reportedly being joined by Sheryl Lee, Sherilyn Fenn, Mädchen Amick, Michael Horse, Dana Ashbrook and Miguel Ferrer, Ray Wise, Grace Zabriskie, Peggy Lipton and Everett McGill, among others.

Ashley Judd Joins Twin Peaks Revival; Co-creator's Father Mark Frost to Cameo

First Trailer for Cameron Crowe's ROADIES on Showtime

Roadies-Cast-Showtime-Dragonlord.jpg

The first trailer for Cameron Crowe's first series Roadies has gone online, and it provides flashes of the earnestness that made Almost Famous such a hit. The show “gives an insider’s look at the reckless, romantic, funny and often poignant lives of a committed group of “roadies” who live for music and the de facto family they’ve formed along the way.

The series chronicles the rock world through the eyes of music’s unsung heroes and pays homage to the backstage workers who put the show on the road while touring the United States for the successful arena-level group, The Staton-House Band.”

The series premieres Sunday, June 26th At 10 PM ET/PT on Showtime, and stars Luke Wilson, Carla Gugino, Imogen Poots,Rafe Spall, Keisha Castle-Hughes, Peter Cambor, Colson Baker, and Ron White.

First ‘Roadies’ Trailer: Go on Tour with Cameron Crowe’s Showtime Series

Syfy Greenlights PROTOTYPE Pilot from 24 Writer

Syfy-Imagine-Greater-Logo-Dragonlord.jpg

A week after ordering Ben Affleck and Matt Damon-produced drama Incorporated to series, the NBCUniversal-owned cable network has picked up a pilot based on an original idea from 24: Live Another Day's Tony Basgallop.

The drama centers on three unlikely cohorts who inadvertently stumble upon an invention that challenges the very nature of quantum physics — a discovery which in turn puts their lives in grave danger.

Basgallop will pen the script, with Oscar nominee Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (Esposados) attached to direct.

"Prototype is a purely original idea from a talented writer with a unique vision," said Bill McGoldrick, the newly promoted exec vp scripted content at NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. "We can’t wait to see this original idea come to life in this pilot for Syfy."

Syfy Greenlights Thriller 'Prototype' Based on an Original Idea from 24 Writer

First Trailer for Cameron Crowe's ROADIES on Showtime

Roadies-Cast-Showtime-Dragonlord.jpg

The first trailer for Cameron Crowe's first series Roadies has gone online, and it provides flashes of the earnestness that made Almost Famous such a hit. The show “gives an insider’s look at the reckless, romantic, funny and often poignant lives of a committed group of “roadies” who live for music and the de facto family they’ve formed along the way.

The series chronicles the rock world through the eyes of music’s unsung heroes and pays homage to the backstage workers who put the show on the road while touring the United States for the successful arena-level group, The Staton-House Band.”

The series premieres Sunday, June 26th At 10 PM ET/PT on Showtime, and stars Luke Wilson, Carla Gugino, Imogen Poots,Rafe Spall, Keisha Castle-Hughes, Peter Cambor, Colson Baker, and Ron White.

First ‘Roadies’ Trailer: Go on Tour with Cameron Crowe’s Showtime Series

Gugino has been aging nicely

Age-wise Wayans is probably not too far off Danny Glover in the first film. He doesn't have Requiem For a Dream on his CV though, unlike Marlon. Some fine work from someone you wouldn't have expected it from.

Age-wise Wayans is probably not too far off Danny Glover in the first film. He doesn't have Requiem For a Dream on his CV though, unlike Marlon. Some fine work from someone you wouldn't have expected it from.
Damon's voice is just wrong for the part. He has this high, kinda whiny voice when he gets excited.

THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES

Agree with the others, it seems to be getting better with each episode. The plot is moving at a fast pace and killing 'main' characters left and right.

My favorite character right now is Eretria, the Rover chick. She has shown her good side throughout the season, saving Will and Amberle's lives a bunch of times but her going back to them on the zip line was a defining moment for her. Love the line where she's reminded that the boy will never choose her and she replied "so be it" before going back. Plus, she's super cute.

Manu Bennett would be a good Cable for me.

the-shannara-chronicles-gives-its-female-leads-roo_5m4e.640.jpg

THE 100

Great episode. A lot of things happened. But bummed the Clarke/Lexa bed action didn't push through. Damn you, Bellamy.

Thought for sure either Lexa or Prince Roan would die because both actors are part of the main cast in their respective shows (Black Sails and Fear the Walking Dead). Happy both get to live (for now).

The election is very frustrating. If I were Abby or Markus, I could easily come up with a speech to the populace (with the troublemakers in the cell so they don't disrupt it) why attacking the Grounders protection force is a stupid thing. Drive home the point that the Grounders have thousands and thousands of troops. Educate them that without the Coalition they are not protected by the Ice Nation attacks. Etc etc etc.

lexa-and-roan-battle-the-100-season-3-episode-4.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else is watching but i'm really liking Baskets. It's a lot funnier than I anticipated.

I don't know if anyone else is watching but i'm really liking Baskets. It's a lot funnier than I anticipated.
Stopped watching Baskets around the 3rd episode. Wasn't for me. Didn't like the somber pathetic loser story/atmosphere.

First Full Trailer for Marvel's DAREDEVIL Season 2

Marvel's Daredevil season 2 will be available on Netflix worldwide on March 18.

I really liked Blacklist at first, but now I can't seem to watch it. Can someone do me a huge favor and give me spoilers after a certain someone goes on the run? (Trying not to post spoilers myself)

I really liked Blacklist at first, but now I can't seem to watch it. Can someone do me a huge favor and give me spoilers after a certain someone goes on the run? (Trying not to post spoilers myself)
the show got really lame once they stopped tracking down blacklist criminals every week, I stopped watching season 2.

THE 100

Great episode. A lot of things happened. But bummed the Clarke/Lexa bed action didn't push through. Damn you, Bellamy.

Thought for sure either Lexa or Prince Roan would die because both actors are part of the main cast in their respective shows (Black Sails and Fear the Walking Dead). Happy both get to live (for now).

The election is very frustrating. If I were Abby or Markus, I could easily come up with a speech to the populace (with the troublemakers in the cell so they don't disrupt it) why attacking the Grounders protection force is a stupid thing. Drive home the point that the Grounders have thousands and thousands of troops. Educate them that without the Coalition they are not protected by the Ice Nation attacks. Etc etc etc.

lexa-and-roan-battle-the-100-season-3-episode-4.jpg
I will check this out

Personally I loved the Keen-on-the-run story arc. As for what happened...

She was eventually captured by the authorities. The Cabal tried to kill her. Reddington kidnapped Peter (David Strathairn), the CIA director, and was going to give him to Venezuela to be charged with American war crimes. Reddington blackmailed Laurel, the National Security advisor, to exonerate Keen or the trial will commence and she'll be forced to answer to her higher-ups why she allowed the potentially embarrassing/damaging trial to happen. Keen was freed. Peter was killed from being thrown out of an airplane. The aftermath is Keen is free but can no longer be an agent. She is now an advisor for the Task Force, sort of as a liaison to Reddington to the team.

Never heard of this Syfy miniseries. Googled it and the premise sounds very interesting. Would have watched it but since you found it boring, I won't bother.
Just Googled it too, and it sounds interesting as shit...

It was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, bad.
Premise. Too. Interesting. Must. Watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back