Television TV Show Thread

'Franklin' starring Michael Douglas as Benjamin Franklin has been pretty good so far.
The story of Franklin going to France during the Revolutionary war to try and get France to join the war against Britain.
It's pretty much Douglas' charm that carries the show. It's a bit light on the history/political intrigue, but has enough charm to make it a pleasant watch.

i'm excited about Shogun. waiting for it to end cause i'm hearing good things and it's long since i binged a series. i saw the chamberlain movie but that was like over 30 years ago, so i don't remember much.

i'm excited about Shogun. waiting for it to end cause i'm hearing good things and it's long since i binged a series. i saw the chamberlain movie but that was like over 30 years ago, so i don't remember much.

Same here. lol! The Chamberlain one from the 80's tv movie/limited series. Also read the book, but not the rest of the Gaijin series.

I only saw the first episode, so the wife and I have the whole season to catch up on now.

'Franklin' starring Michael Douglas as Benjamin Franklin has been pretty good so far.
The story of Franklin going to France during the Revolutionary war to try and get France to join the war against Britain.
It's pretty much Douglas' charm that carries the show. It's a bit light on the history/political intrigue, but has enough charm to make it a pleasant watch.
The newspaper said it's TV-MA. Since it's on Apple TV+, I'm guessing due to F bombs.

The newspaper said it's TV-MA. Since it's on Apple TV+, I'm guessing due to F bombs.
Really? I'm not sure why. Maybe some F bombs were dropped, but I honestly don't recall much of any cursing.
There's some sexual suggestiveness/innuendo because French chicks...but nothing really graphic.
Not a teet in sight thus far.

Back