Television TV Show Thread

Sweet Tooth on Netflix has been a pleasant surprise.

Kind of came out of nowhere I don’t remember hearing anything about it.

I keep meaning to watch that.

Succession final season keeps delivering, episode 3 was phenomenal, then now episode 7, with Tom and Shiv clearing the air, damn. Phenomenal acting by both of them

***if you’re not caught up, do not watch this scene****
Will put in spoilers to make sure, I’ve watched this scene over and over, I think they both deserve emmys

Should I turn Paramount+ back on to finish up 1923 and watch Mayor of Kingstown S2? What else did I miss?

Official Trailer for Isaac Asimov's FOUNDATION Season 2

Based on the award-winning novels by Isaac Asimov, Foundation chronicles a band of exiles on their monumental journey to save humanity and rebuild civilization amid the fall of the Galactic Empire. Foundation returns July 14 on Apple TV+.

Official Trailer for THE CROWDED ROOM Starring Tom Holland, Amanda Seyfried

The Crowded Room follows Danny Sullivan (Tom Holland), a man who is arrested following his involvement in a shooting in New York City in 1979. A captivating thriller told through a series of interviews with curious interrogator Rya Goodwin (Amanda Seyfried), Danny’s life story unfolds, revealing elements of the mysterious past that shaped him, and the twists and turns that will lead him to a life-altering revelation. Premieres June 9 on Apple TV+.

Sweet Tooth on Netflix has been a pleasant surprise.

Kind of came out of nowhere I don’t remember hearing anything about it.

Never heard of it either until I saw that season 2 came out. Just finished the first season and loved it. It's a show based on a DC comic series or graphic novel. Robert Downey Jr produced the show.

The story is similar to The Last of Us. A hybrid boy (Sweet Tooth) and his muscle, Tommy (Big Man), travel in search for something in a post apocalyptic world while trying to avoid capture or death. I hope you guys check it out if you haven't already.

9/10

I saw the first episode of Beef. I thought it was pretty funny but I didn't quite understand the "beef". It seems like overreaction to simple things.

Peacemaker is awesome but it took me 2 episodes to get into it. I used to want to skip the intro, but after that I never wanted to miss the intro
lol, the corniness is intentional I’d say. You’ll be laughing out loud a lot watching the show!

Btw, I'm finally checking out this show (I did watch Suicide Squad first just to see it).....and man...LOL this show is pretty damn funny so far. LOL.

John Cena is a legit great actor. And it's so corny but yet funny. Defintely glad the recommendation was made.

Also, side note favorite line in Suicide Squad. "Get on the satellite Dale ya fuckin' dickhead!!" - LOL so random from 2 absolutely random characters.

Official Trailer for Isaac Asimov's FOUNDATION Season 2

Based on the award-winning novels by Isaac Asimov, Foundation chronicles a band of exiles on their monumental journey to save humanity and rebuild civilization amid the fall of the Galactic Empire. Foundation returns July 14 on Apple TV+.

Lee Pace is like 90% of this series.

I saw the first episode of Beef. I thought it was pretty funny but I didn't quite understand the "beef". It seems like overreaction to simple things.
yeah its a good premise but the escalation is too petty and silly. Had they made it a bit smarter and "real" it couldve been a great show.

Also Marvelous mrs. Maisel is in its last season and while this isnt my favorite genre I gotta say this has to be one of the best written, acted and put together scene-wise shows to ever be on the screen in the history of tv. Everything is superb, intro, outro, attention to the most MINUTE details, dialogue, humorus banter, random inshow acts that are acts in itself... This has to be a show that more work is put in than 10 regular shows.

Lee Pace is like 90% of this series.

he truly is brillant and the atmosphere he brings to the show with his acting is something to behold. Few shows really have this immersive almost tactile feeling when youure watching. Foundation is great at that and S2 looks very promising.

Last edited:
I'm feeling like Yellowjackets is including more filler and less advancing the story. In last night's episode, they played this scary music in one very brief scene and I was puzzled what the point of the scene was. Maybe I didn't notice something in the background.

Finally this season of Ted Lasso has a scene that makes me glad I'm watching.

The press conference. Fucking brilliant.

I'm feeling like Yellowjackets is including more filler and less advancing the story. In last night's episode, they played this scary music in one very brief scene and I was puzzled what the point of the scene was. Maybe I didn't notice something in the background.

My wife's recent cosplay:
dakcse77lpza1.jpg

Finally getting around toi bingewatching Deadwood 20 years late because I have the flu.
Not bad.
Not as stellar as some say, but enjoyable overall.

It's a disappointing season.

Finally got around to watching "I'll be gone in the dark" about the Golden State killer and this writer who researched the case before dying. The interviews with the victims are interesting but it was too damn slow and meandering. Couldn't finish.

I've watched every episode that has aired of this, and it's amazing. Top shelf.

It's a fictionalized retelling of the people who hid Anne Frank and her family.

Just when I think I'm done with WWII stories I find that I am completely wrong.

This is amazing.

A Small Light (imdb)

Wiki

Bel Powley as Miep Gies
Liev Schreiber as Otto Frank
Joe Cole as Jan Gies
Amira Casar as Edith Frank
Billie Boullet as Anne Frank
Ashley Brooke as Margot Frank
Eleanor Tomlinson as Tess
Liza Sadovy as Mrs. Stoppelman
Andy Nyman as Hermann Van Pels
Caroline Catz as Auguste Van Pels
Rudi Goodman as Peter Van Pels
Noah Taylor as Dr. Friedrich "Fritz" Pfeffer
Daniel Donskoy as Karl Josef Silberbauer

Three episodes in SILO and I'm enjoying it so far.

The first two episodes were fantastic.

The third one was really good but not as engaging, I really don't care about the generator.

Super weird nit pick because I'm a freak: In the first few minutes of the first episode when they pour coffees and then immediately leave without drinking them, my instinctive first thought was "I guess coffee isn't a scarce resource".

Seems really good, though, great acting and I love how the mythology is unfolding.

Back