Television TV Show Thread

I never really understood the love for the first season. It was OK, but I've already forgotten almost everything that happened.
I kept telling myself "they're going somewhere". They never did.

I kept telling myself "they're going somewhere". They never did.

O Marie, j'ai mal a la tete
O Marie, j'ai mal a la tete
Donnez nous l'esprit, l'esprit du corps
On travail au tabac, Marie
Le bleu du ciel a change
Le bleu du ciel a change
Apres quarante jours et quarante nuits
On ne peut pas travailler au tabac

I never really understood the love for the first season. It was OK, but I've already forgotten almost everything that happened.

I thought the first season was pretty good. Figured they didn't know where they were going with it though and that sounds accurate based on what I've heard from season 2. Bummer. I'll still watch at some point

Have any of you watched Citadel on Amazon Prime? Thoughts?

First couple of episodes I really liked - now it’s starting to drag on and lose me. Stanley Tucci’s character annoys me.
It’s about a super-duper secret spy agency, with their James Bond-type super spy getting his memory erased. Stars Richard Madden (from the Netflix show The Medici) who I typically like.

But losing momentum each episode.

Holy hell, it's like Ted Lasso saved all the awesome this season for these last couple of episodes.

I can't get up for this because we literally just had this story in Gaslit.

Ha, I had no idea another dramedy about Watergate was also made. I don't have Starz, so this was not on my radar at all. That looks to have a great cast as well.

Ha, I had no idea another dramedy about Watergate was also made. I don't have Starz, so this was not on my radar at all. That looks to have a great cast as well.

Gaslit was amazing.

Was that in the snowy background?

She walked into the kitchen and asked what was for dinner...

fsps29pj9g0b1.jpg

I've just started the first series of Succession. It seems so boring and miserable. All the characters are cunts, nothing exciting has happened and I can't see myself ever investing in it.

For anyone who has seen it, does it get any better? What did you like or dislike about it (without spoilers)?

I've just started the first series of Succession. It seems so boring and miserable. All the characters are cunts, nothing exciting has happened and I can't see myself ever investing in it.

For anyone who has seen it, does it get any better? What did you like or dislike about it (without spoilers)?

no it doesnt. I also never got why people like it. Depressing constant forced conflicts, nobody ever tries resolving anything,only conflicts for conflicts and melodrama's sake..
In shows like Sopranos for example, the fights are beliveable, someone tries to solve it but the other one is a cunt, someone betrays, other one is good ...life.
However Succession...plain unpleasant to watch.

Last edited:
no it doesnt. I also never got why people like it. Depressing constant forced conflicts, nobody ever tries resolving anything,only conflicts for conflicts and melodrama's sake..
In shows like Sopranos for example, the fights are beliveable, someone tries to solve it but the other one is a cunt, someone betrays, other one is good ...life.
However Succession...plain unpleasant to watch.
I'm glad it's not just me.
I'll finish the series but I doubt I'll bother after that.

Tried the first two episodes of MRS. DAVIS. Didn't quite like it and probably won't continue watching.

So I watched this right to the end and have no idea who on earth is going to care even a little bit about the emotional beats.

This tried to be as weird as Preacher using science as opposed to the supernatural but the story really didn't support the ambition.

So I watched this right to the end and have no idea who on earth is going to care even a little bit about the emotional beats.

This tried to be as weird as Preacher using science as opposed to the supernatural but the story really didn't support the ambition.
Thanks for the info. I have so many shows/movies to watch, so at least that's one show I will not be regretting skipping.

Back