Television TV Show Thread

I'll add a few more thoughts on the ending and the show when I get back. But man, I'm going to miss hearing that opening music.
The Succession theme song is one of my faves, I would never skip it when the option came up on my tv, would listen to the end

I also like the Yellowstone theme song. But I’m a sucker for string music and violins as I played the violin when I was younger.

Not sure if you knew, but Nicholas Brittell did the score for the Andor series as well

Here’s Nick discussing his music for Succession

The Succession theme song is one of my faves, I would never skip it when the option came up on my tv, would listen to the end

I also like the Yellowstone theme song. But I’m a sucker for string music and violins as I played the violin when I was younger.

Not sure if you knew, but Nicholas Brittell did the score for the Andor series as well

Here’s Nick discussing his music for Succession

Interesting. I usually fast forward the Andor intro though because the title reveal is so slow.

Interesting. I usually fast forward the Andor intro though because the title reveal is so slow.
I did the same, it wasn’t a good intro but there were times in the series where you could hear the Britell style in the music

Regarding the last season, I rewatched the airplane scene many times, it was so well done. The phone call from Tom to the siblings, their reactions, all so good. And…Patty Jenkins’ reaction as well, her Joker-like grin, and Tom saying how she looks like she just caught flyball at Yankee Stadium

And Tom/Shiv “clearing the air” on the balcony. I guess we could start to see the power shift in the relationship with Tom really standing up to Shiv

Last edited:

Just saw this new trailer for Castlevania Nocturne, and am immediately excited. Loved what they did with Trevor’s story and even though I’m annoyed that they skipped over Simon I’m still stoked to see this.

I thought I saw some commercial for some law enforcement agent show from the Yellowstone creator on Paramount+. Might try it when I turn P+ back on.

I thought I saw some commercial for some law enforcement agent show from the Yellowstone creator on Paramount+. Might try it when I turn P+ back on.

I think you're talking about Special Ops: Lioness

There are 2 episodes out and I watched both last night. It's pretty entertaining, but nothing groundbreaking yet in these two episodes. It will have an ensemble cast though. I enjoyed the first 2 episodes and will continue to watch.

Started watching Twisted Metal on Peacock last night. 4 episodes in and it is a pretty fun and nostalgic show. Lots of over the top scenes, but what would you expect from a show like this based of the classic PS game. lol! Sweet Tooth was pretty great as well. Will Arnett does his voice over and Samoa Joe is the stand in role. I thought the character was portrayed pretty damn well.

Started watching Twisted Metal on Peacock last night. 4 episodes in and it is a pretty fun and nostalgic show. Lots of over the top scenes, but what would you expect from a show like this based of the classic PS game. lol! Sweet Tooth was pretty great as well. Will Arnett does his voice over and Samoa Joe is the stand in role. I thought the character was portrayed pretty damn well.

Tried watching it but couldnt finish the first ep. Just feels really low budget and unconvincing visually and the plot logic shoudve been adapted a bit for tv, often is a bit too demanding with suspension of disbelief from viewer. And the acting slightly forced from Mackie. These kind of car shows either need huge budget or excellent writing. You cant skate with constantly filming narrow closed shots in building or limited areas with ocassionaly CGI panorama. This isnt Walking Dead.

Tried watching it but couldnt finish the first ep. Just feels really low budget and unconvincing visually and the plot logic shoudve been adapted a bit for tv, often is a bit too demanding with suspension of disbelief from viewer. And the acting slightly forced from Mackie. These kind of car shows either need huge budget or excellent writing. You cant skate with constantly filming narrow closed shots in building or limited areas with ocassionaly CGI panorama. This isnt Walking Dead.
I just finished all 10 episodes. You should stick with it.

Finally finished Succession. It was redundant in certain spots, but I was intrigued to see how it would end. It's a pretty good character study though.

Just saw this new trailer for Castlevania Nocturne, and am immediately excited. Loved what they did with Trevor’s story and even though I’m annoyed that they skipped over Simon I’m still stoked to see this.

They just couldn't leave the characters alone. <Lmaoo>

I was just coming in here to post this. I just finished ep 2 and I'm pleasantly surprised. I really didn't like the trailer from a few months back. I liked Mackie when he was Falcon in the films (Falcon and Winter Soldier show sucked) but I haven't enjoyed him in anything else until now, so I had some bias going into this, despite loving the games.

It's really fun, love how quirky it all is, while still having some solid world building.

Brooklyn Nine Nine was an ok show, Stephanie Beatriz was always the highlight for me. She's a good casting choice.
Stephanie-Beatriz-as-Rosa-Diaz-Brooklyn-Nine-Nine.jpg

@Dragonlordxxxxx

I found myself marathoning Person of Interest again and I'm reminded of how underrated this show was. Jim Caviezel as John Reese is one of my favorite Army of One/ Man of Mystery characters

@Dragonlordxxxxx

I found myself marathoning Person of Interest again and I'm reminded of how underrated this show was. Jim Caviezel as John Reese is one of my favorite Army of One/ Man of Mystery characters
Person of Interest season 1 and 2 are the one of the GOATs for me. Love love that show. Reese was basically Batman in a suit.

It's too bad Caviezel is now a QAnon nutjob.

Back