Tyron Woodley calling out Demian Maia for UFC 209

That is the deal when it comes to being a PRIZE FIGHTER though. This isn't like the NFL or NBA. Not everyone is going to be making the big bucks. It goes by your ranking AND how well you sell to the audience. Don't blame everyone else for Tyrone's lack of appeal. Blame his own bullshit.

RRR getting a title shot is bogus, if they really cared about protecting THAT investment they would have given her a tune up fight with some part time mom who trains 1/4 of the time that Ronda puts in.

Connor gets what he has put in, he isn't my favorite fighter, but he has put in the work with Media/Fighting to get to where he is today monetarily...Even taking short notice fights to appease the bosses(something Tyrone hasn't done). What exactly has Tyrone done except perform badly against Gastellum/Rory/NateTheGreat? And what has he done besides ducking Lombard among a couple other bad style matchups? What has he done besides playing the constant victim and abusing the race card?

The way you perform in and out of the ring is what dictates the money, many people need to realize this, including Tyrone.

I think he realizes it, that's why he rather fight Demian as his fight with Thompson didn't sell at all. And why he wanted GSP, Bisping or Nick.
It's Prize fighting - but they didn't promote Tyron at all so far, nor did they do the same with Robbie. And it's a fact that the UFC is making big money - surely more on fighters like RRR or Conor than Tyron but still, they making huge bucks - still they don't even pay their champs which is ridiculous IMO. In which sport do the champs not get paid but MMA?

I think he realizes it, that's why he rather fight Demian as his fight with Thompson didn't sell at all. And why he wanted GSP, Bisping or Nick.
It's Prize fighting - but they didn't promote Tyron at all so far, nor did they do the same with Robbie. And it's a fact that the UFC is making big money - surely more on fighters like RRR or Conor than Tyron but still, they making huge bucks - still they don't even pay their champs which is ridiculous IMO. In which sport do the champs not get paid but MMA?

That's the thing though, some fighters don't even need to open their mouth for the fight to promote itself. Guys like Cain, and Chuck Liddell for that matter, were just silent/stoic ass kicking machines. It's not the same for every fighter.

What works for GSP, won't work for another. Being the Mr. Nice Guy who seems to be Mr. Perfect at everything including MMA.
What works for guys like Cain/Fedor, wont work for another. Stoic asskickers whose fists talk so loud they do not need McGreggor's mouth.
What works for guys like Connor, wont work for another. Not many guys can pull off what he brings, which is why he is where he is at. He was like that before the UFC got behind him. He was literally pushing himself.

Tyrone needs to get the chip off his shoulder, and find a way to win the hearts and minds of fans...Not alienate them. Dude needs to check his attitude at the door and just obliterate whoever is in front of him. That is another way GSP got popular, he never asked for fights coming up, he fought everyone and anyone the UFC threw at him. Ducking and running from fights has stagnated Tyrone's popularity.

Dude needs some serious help in this department.

The #1 contender is the guy who beat #1 & #2 ranked Hendricks and Rory then took the champ to a draw. Not the guy who beat fringe top 10 WWs who are about to retire and have losing records over the last 3 years.

do you realize hendricks is 0-3 and 2-5 since his GSP fight?

Hendricks all of the sudden deosnt seem that big of a win anymore, Rory does though.

Both Wonderboy and Maia DESERVE that fight. I am good with either one, and quite frankly think either one will hand him his ass. Maia may actually rape Woodley, except that he is a nice guy and will stop when he taps.

C'mon JBG, let's kick 2017 off right
by giving us a true, justified title fight
holy-ghost-dance-o.gif

My prediction?
Maia drops woodey & chokes his
ass out.

Black Boss Hogg????

Ironically, this is the fight the UFC wants to make.

Statistically, Tyron is a horrible match up for demian, and Wonderboy totally the oppositive...

So, the UFC should hope tyron gets rid of maia and gets him as away as possible from wonderboy, whos likely going to be their next champ, and they will probably rather have a a handsome white american striker than a 39 years old brazilian grappler.

So I hope they think this through and get this shit done.

Anyways, they should sign a pre contract with demian in case he wins for his Hollywood rights, a movie about himself or something....

Woodley trying so hard to duck Wonderboy. He's is making himself look terrified of Wonderboy.

Ironically, this is the fight the UFC wants to make.

Statistically, Tyron is a horrible match up for demian, and Wonderboy totally the oppositive...

So, the UFC should hope tyron gets rid of maia and gets him as away as possible from wonderboy, whos likely going to be their next champ, and they will probably rather have a a handsome white american striker than a 39 years old brazilian grappler.

So I hope they think this through and get this shit done.

Anyways, they should sign a pre contract with demian in case he wins for his Hollywood rights, a movie about himself or something....

The thing with Maia compared to other traditional wrestlers, he has very surprising takedowns. His chain wrestling/grappling is leagues ahead of Woodley's basic wrestling(I say basic in the sense that he is your run of the mill athletic American Wrestler.)...Maia has had major success against that type of fighter. This fight is going to be more interesting than what you think it will be.

Good for Woodley taking on the true number 1 contender. Wonderboy can go to the back of the line only Helen Keller thought that fight was a draw.

Wonderboy SHOULD be sent back down and told to fight others. He had his chance and blew i lt
I like him but Im sick and fucking tired of all these fighters coming short on what should be a special chance and immediately wanting rematches on close fights.

Wonderboy deserves a rematch and Maia deserves his title shot so if Woodley fights either, that's great.

Surprised he's looking for March, tho. I thought he wanted to stay active and fight sooner.

Glad to see him calling out the guys he should be fighting. He'll earn fans this way. Even more so if he can beat them.

Good for Woodley taking on the true number 1 contender. Wonderboy can go to the back of the line only Helen Keller thought that fight was a draw.
Agreed Maia has earned his shot and that's nothing against Wonderboy but he had his time and Maia is Willing and waiting for his title shot .

The thing with Maia compared to other traditional wrestlers, he has very surprising takedowns. His chain wrestling/grappling is leagues ahead of Woodley's basic wrestling(I say basic in the sense that he is your run of the mill athletic American Wrestler.)...Maia has had major success against that type of fighter. This fight is going to be more interesting than what you think it will be.

I know, i guess you havent seen my avatar, im all for demian, just thinks financiera what the ufcs point of view is, they want demian as far away from the title as they can, and if you look at the roster, the worst match up for him is twood, someone like wonderboy is tailor made for Maia....

I don't know why but I'm enjoying Woodley as champ.

I would have rather him fought Maia and have Wonderboy take a #1 contender fight. I just really didn't think that fight was close, shouldn't have been a draw. Hopefully Maia gets the next one, although there will probably be another contender possibly Cerrone that they give it to by that time.

I know, i guess you havent seen my avatar, im all for demian, just thinks financiera what the ufcs point of view is, they want demian as far away from the title as they can, and if you look at the roster, the worst match up for him is twood, someone like wonderboy is tailor made for Maia....

He has had trouble with other great grapplers...I would not put Woodley in this category. Shields game him trouble simply because Shields held onto the top for dear life. At some point, this fight hits the floor, and at that point...Woodley is most definitely getting turned into a joke.

Back