Tyson Did worse stuff than Jones imo

ah okay tyson was accused then of a lot worse than jones . maybe not convicted but still if there are levels to the piece of shit game tyson was made out to be way worse in his time than jones will ever be.
You need to read a little bit. Tyson was convicted of rape. Tyson also served time for it and clearly had mental health issues. He was also a victim of some terrible childhood abuse. Has

Jon Jones has lead a privileged life. Brought up in a 2 parent house, college education. Grew up as a successful athlete in high school and college. Became UFC champion at age 23.

If i am correct, there was a lot of question to the validity of the accuser. She had made a similar claim previously that was judged false vs someone else. No one but those two knows the truth.
You are correct. He got CONVICTED of rape. That doesn't necessarily mean he raped her. Basically she was a booty call. She came over to his hotel in just a nighty and it was after midnight. She wanted Mike to walk her down to her car after the deed was done. He refused to do that and the rest is history.

https://apnews.com/article/f75bf9abc06854cf9d151772473f1c45

Tyson’s Attorney: Accuser Falsely Accused Another of Rape
MARK DUBNOFFFebruary 26, 1993

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) _ The woman whose rape claim landed Mike Tyson in prison had falsely accused one of her high school classmates of rape, Tyson’s attorney said in a motion filed Friday with the Indiana Court of Appeals.

Tyson’s attorney, Alan M. Dershowitz, said his client deserved a new trial because of newly discovered evidence that Desiree Washington had falsely accused Wayne Walker of raping her in October 1989.

One of Washington’s attorneys, Reginald Lindsay, said the motion was intended ″more for the media than the court.″ He said Walker’s claims weren’t true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Tyson, the former heavyweight boxing champion, was convicted last March of raping Washington in July 1991 while she was the Rhode Island contestant in the Miss Black America pageant held in Indianapolis.

Tyson, who is serving a six-year sentence at the Indiana Youth Center west of Indianapolis, already has appealed the conviction on the grounds of improper procedure. The motion filed Friday is part of a second appeal claiming new evidence has come to light since the conviction.

Among the documents filed Friday was an affidavit signed by Walker, now 21, in which he claimed he and Washington were friends at Coventry High School.

In October 1989, Washington’s father, Donald, called Walker’s home and said his daughter claimed Walker raped her, according to the affidavit.

Walker said he and his mother convinced Donald Washington the allegations were false and police were never called.

The next day in school, the affidavit says, Desiree Washington told Walker she concocted the story to ″cover myself.″

Dershowitz said he learned of the 1989 incident only this month, when a woman claiming to be a relative of Washington’s called his office and reported it to his secretary.

If i am correct, there was a lot of question to the validity of the accuser. She had made a similar claim previously that was judged false vs someone else. No one but those two knows the truth.
Correct.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) _ The woman whose rape claim landed Mike Tyson in prison had falsely accused one of her high school classmates of rape, Tyson’s attorney said in a motion filed Friday with the Indiana Court of Appeals.

Tyson’s attorney, Alan M. Dershowitz, said his client deserved a new trial because of newly discovered evidence that Desiree Washington had falsely accused Wayne Walker of raping her in October 1989.

One of Washington’s attorneys, Reginald Lindsay, said the motion was intended ″more for the media than the court.″ He said Walker’s claims weren’t true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Tyson, the former heavyweight boxing champion, was convicted last March of raping Washington in July 1991 while she was the Rhode Island contestant in the Miss Black America pageant held in Indianapolis.

Tyson, who is serving a six-year sentence at the Indiana Youth Center west of Indianapolis, already has appealed the conviction on the grounds of improper procedure. The motion filed Friday is part of a second appeal claiming new evidence has come to light since the conviction.

Among the documents filed Friday was an affidavit signed by Walker, now 21, in which he claimed he and Washington were friends at Coventry High School.

In October 1989, Washington’s father, Donald, called Walker’s home and said his daughter claimed Walker raped her, according to the affidavit.

Walker said he and his mother convinced Donald Washington the allegations were false and police were never called.

The next day in school, the affidavit says, Desiree Washington told Walker she concocted the story to ″cover myself.″

Dershowitz said he learned of the 1989 incident only this month, when a woman claiming to be a relative of Washington’s called his office and reported it to his secretary.

Tyson was not the same fighter after prison....

And frankly if you were around watching his fights when he returned you would know his hype was much reduced as well.

Correct.

ADVERTISEMENT

I remember that. I also remember that Tyson lost to the court of public opinion so badly that it wouldn't have mattered if he was innocent or guilty.

Givens pretty much ruined him before the rape in the eyes of the public. And how did her career go after she got a gazillion dollars from him for 1 year of marriage? What career...

jones will fiqht again, out of jail and it will be a huge show

In this game, ppl pay to watch you lose just as much as they pay to see you win. It's why guys like Floyd and Conor sell well. They get both sides

Still a wife beater, but, not a rapist. Is that good?

Why is Tyson idolized ?
Lol
Talented fighter
Total scumbag of a person ?

I remember that. I also remember that Tyson lost to the court of public opinion so badly that it wouldn't have mattered if he was innocent or guilty.

Givens pretty much ruined him before the rape in the eyes of the public. And how did her career go after she got a gazillion dollars from him for 1 year of marriage? What career...
True indeed. He reputation proceeded him. I remember that Robin Givens interview. Super intense!

Tyson used to joke about how he beat up Robin Givens though, nice guy.

Back