Social Tyson Foods plans to hire over 40k asylum seekers after firing more than 1,200 Americans many people are boycotting the company

Then why did they fire all the people they did.

Why did they close a plant in Iowa? Here is their explanation, which should be pretty familiar if you've ever worked for a large company:

The spokesperson said closing the Perry pork plant "emphasizes our focus to optimize the efficiency of our operations to best serve our customers."

Out of curiosity, are you for or against capitalism?

Why did they close a plant in Iowa? Here is their explanation, which should be pretty familiar if you've ever worked for a large company:

The spokesperson said closing the Perry pork plant "emphasizes our focus to optimize the efficiency of our operations to best serve our customers."

Out of curiosity, are you for or against capitalism?

I said in my first post as long as the following the law they can do whatever they want. Also if people don't like the way they do business they can boycott them.

Then we get to the problem with "asylum" and the fact they never should have been let in the US especially if they crossed from Mexico.

I said in my first post as long as the following the law they can do whatever they want. Also if people don't like the way they do business they can boycott them.

Then we get to the problem with "asylum" and the fact they never should have been let in the US especially if they crossed from Mexico.

Great, you're in agreement.

That's for the immigration debate and completely separate to the post you responded to.

Yes the democrats sure don't support it and only sum of the Republicans in congress support it.

Just like with "repeal Obamacare" and "fiscal responsibility" Republicans only support these things while they are not in power.

The moment they get back in power they go back to business as usual, which is cutting tax for the rich and slashing regulations.

Yes, it will. If a job can't be filled the employer will need to raise the wage. Again, it's painfully apparently how unfamiliar you are with modern economics.

Or the business goes under or they raise prices and slash demand focusing instead of lower volume sales with higher profit margins.

Or the business goes under or they raise prices and slash demand focusing instead of lower volume sales with higher profit margins.
If your business can't survive without cheap labor from illegals then maybe it should go under.

If your business can't survive without cheap labor from illegals then maybe it should go under.

In the real world where demand and supply are not fixed factors that kind of commie speech only lead for the misery of primarily the poor and middle class.

I get your critique but that's an overall critique on American capitalism itself.

Too bad the current GOP controlled Congress wont pass a bill to fine the shit out of those who hire them. I guess they are too busy holding double figure votes on Speaker of the House. I guess that is more important than doing any fucking thing about immigration other than bitching about it.

Yes...like I said, you just want to complain aimlessly while ignoring the root cause (illegal immigration) because that might lead you to reflect on which party is responsible.
The root cause of low wages isn't supply of labor. I've been over this, this has been debated to death in economic literature. The primary driver of compensation at this point is employer monopsony power. The country has battled with shitty wages since it's birth, it predates the modern concept of illegal immigration.
Yes, it will. If a job can't be filled the employer will need to raise the wage. Again, it's painfully apparently how unfamiliar you are with modern economics.
What do you think is the market wage of working at a chicken factory? How much higher is it than the current wage?

In the real world where demand and supply are not fixed factors that kind of commie speech only lead for the misery of primarily the poor and middle class.

I get your critique but that's an overall critique on American capitalism itself.
It is hilarious the amount of people who would no doubt blame Biden for inflation turning around and arguing that in this case we want inflation. It's all just window pressing that covers up how the country ended up with Tyson dominating the industry and driving down wages.

The root cause of low wages isn't supply of labor. I've been over this, this has been debated to death in economic literature. The primary driver of compensation at this point is employer monopsony power. The country has battled with shitty wages since it's birth, it predates the modern concept of illegal immigration.
We've already seen it play out in realtime. After the covid lockdowns retail and hospitality industries had to increase wages to convince people to get back to work. There was a labor shortage especially since remain in Mexico was still in effect. Economic literature recognizes the impact of illegal immigrants on wages. Its universally accepted at this point.

What do you think is the market wage of working at a chicken factory? How much higher is it than the current wage?
I guess we don't know. It sounds like they got a surplus of cheap illegal labor.

We've already seen it play out in realtime. After the covid lockdowns retail and hospitality industries had to increase wages to convince people to get back to work. There was a labor shortage especially since remain in Mexico was still in effect. Economic literature recognizes the impact of illegal immigrants on wages. Its universally accepted at this point.
There wasn't a labor shortage, it was that employers were unwilling to pay market rate, or to be exact reservation wages. Can you show me which studies you find persuasive on the impact of illegal immigrants on wages?
I guess we don't know. It sounds like they got a surplus of cheap illegal labor.
If you don't know the market wage or reservation wage for this job, how are you going to argue that illegal immigrants are keeping those wages down.

We've already seen it play out in realtime. After the covid lockdowns retail and hospitality industries had to increase wages to convince people to get back to work. There was a labor shortage especially since remain in Mexico was still in effect. Economic literature recognizes the impact of illegal immigrants on wages. Its universally accepted at this point
I don't think anyone would argue that post-COVID stagflation was ideal.

Also its kind of asinine if we only see things in a vacuum, yes less illegals would lead to higher wages in the particular areas where illegals worked, but it would also lead to a supply shock of labor.

This is like arguing that nuking Saudi Arabia would be a good idea to increase the wages of oil workers and the oil industry in general.

There wasn't a labor shortage, it was that employers were unwilling to pay market rate, or to be exact reservation wages. Can you show me which studies you find persuasive on the impact of illegal immigrants on wages?
Yeah there was a labor shortage. This was only a few years ago and you have no idea what was going on. https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...immigration-economy-unemployment-jobs-214216/
When the supply of workers goes up, the price that firms have to pay to hire workers goes down. Wage trends over the past half-century suggest that a 10 percent increase in the number of workers with a particular set of skills probably lowers the wage of that group by at least 3 percent. Even after the economy has fully adjusted, those skill groups that received the most immigrants will still offer lower pay relative to those that received fewer immigrants.

If want more sources you can Google it yourself.

yes less illegals would lead to higher wages in the particular areas where illegals worked
<WellThere>

This is like arguing that nuking Saudi Arabia would be a good idea to increase the wages of oil workers and the oil industry in general.
Plenty of countries do fine without tons of illegals.

Why don't people understand that the West as we knew it, is over? It's part of the Reset. Wake up!
Look at what is happening around us. The red herring that was covid. The ingredients that are in those covid injections, which most recipients have no clue about. The future plandemics that will happen over the next few years.
The sexualization of children in the schools. The activism that is transgenderism. Transhumanism[the modern term for eugenics.] Misogynists, claiming to be males and competing in sports against females.
Total surveillence, not just outside our homes, but inside too,[courtesy of 5G], surveillance inside our bodies[biometrics.] Etc.
You sound upset, have a cookie and a lie down...

Back