News Tyson Fury has received an offer from the UFC for “hybrid fight” with Jon Jones

One of the worst boxers to callout to even a modified rules boxing match(say clinch, elbows, lighter gloves and the like). His size and defense is way beyond anything that in MMA can handle, some boxers would struggle against MMA because they rely heavily on the clinch to pause and reset the action, Fury is not one of those boxers where that would work.

So the UFC are okay with Jon boxing Fury but when Francis wanted too it was an unreasonable request and worth severing ties?

<45>

Is Dana just being petty or is he simply looking out for his fellow accused womanbeater?

Gypsies are reknown for their honesty.
I'd bet my life that everything Tyson Fury's father has screamed is the truth.
A gypsy I once trusted told me that the db level of ones voice proportionately increases along with the truthiness of said statement.
<seedat>

One of the worst boxers to callout to even a modified rules boxing match(say clinch, elbows, lighter gloves and the like). His size and defense is way beyond anything that in MMA can handle, some boxers would struggle against MMA because they rely heavily on the clinch to pause and reset the action, Fury is not one of those boxers where that would work.

The fairest hybrid rules I think would be boxing with UFC gloves in the octagon with 5 minute rounds and clinch/dirty boxing allowed. Kicks would be too much for a boxer.

But yeah Jones isn't the right guy for that kind of hybrid fight.

K-1 fight with 4 oz gloves.

giphy.gif

Best way would be:

Punches
Kicks: Only to the body
Wrestling: Only upper body and jones has to wear boxing gloves.
No ground work.

Jones by managing distance and disengaging during boxing rounds…. Then walking him like a dog during the MMA round(s).

Not gonna lie it'd be hilarious if Dana goes and throws 50 mil at Tyson Fury for the sole purpose of ruining Francis's year. That'd be peak Dana White but doubt it ever happens.

Guarantee it's six figures, a hotdog brander, and some soon to expire Reebok coupons

Back