Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
It would be great.

I already love the PFL format of champions having to fight multiple times a year to be champions. Next man up, no one sitting on their spot.

Their only problem is most of their current fighters are boring as shit no names.

I also wish they would drop some of the dead divisions and focus 100% of their resources on building up other divisions. Imagine instead of a $1 million W155 tournament, they had a $2 million WW tournament. Is there even one current UFC WW that wouldn't be tempted to jump for that?
Impossible to be an exciting fighter and do well in PFL format tho. Being exciting also means taking your fair share of damage and over 4 fights, you are bound to get injured, cut, etc.

5 Stars. Francis probably runs his own socials, so color those stars GOLD.

fury needs a rematch and he needs to KO him the rematch .. the only way to redeem himself from this and to right the ship .. everyone will forget this as a 'fluke' if he does that .. if he doesn't do that, this was a legacy staining shitshow .. still can't believe what happened

a0809622fe45f0e890b19a94c9cbec93_w200.gif

Street fights are highly unpredictable even when it's 1-on-1 and both are unarmed. We've seen MMA fighters get beaten up by boxers. Just one example: Sonny Westbrook, an old ass boxing trainer, knocked out Don Frye in a hotel lobby years back. Frye is not only a UFC Hall of Famer he was much younger.

Exactly. And what about eye gouging, groin kicking, all sorts of other illegal stuff that can happen on the street?

I remember some story of Ken Shamrock who had a habit of playing Robin Hood trying to get into it with someone (back in the day) and got seriously injured because the guy was just a crazy thug, experienced street fighter and criminal with nothing to lose.

This is not a Jean Claude van Damme movie. MMA is a sport with certain rules and a ref. Boxing is a sport with rules and a ref. You have no idea who you're dealing with on the street where anything can happen.

And even assuming that it's strictly one on one -- that's not a real fight. Because in a real fight their buddy could jump in, he could have a gun or a knife, etc.

I've seen that kind of stuff happen when I was younger so even assuming that it's strictly one on one is already assuming some kind of rules so that's already a limitation.

I remember a while back Akiyama and a few other MMA fighters got robbed somewhere in the US. Why did they hand out their wallets and not go Bruce Lee on him? Because they thought the guy was armed -- they called the cops and they got him later. So there are different rules in every engagement. And so called "real fights" without any rules will be won by people with guns.

Street fights are highly unpredictable even when it's 1-on-1 and both are unarmed. We've seen MMA fighters get beaten up by boxers. Just one example: Sonny Westbrook, an old ass boxing trainer, knocked out Don Frye in a hotel lobby years back. Frye is not only a UFC Hall of Famer he was much younger.
Yes I know, people king hit, element of surprise etc. If two people decide to throw down though, guy with MMA skills wins 99%.

Exactly. And what about eye gouging, groin kicking, all sorts of other illegal stuff that can happen on the street?

I remember some story of Ken Shamrock who had a habit of playing Robin Hood trying to get into it with someone (back in the day) and got seriously injured because the guy was just a crazy thug, experienced street fighter and criminal with nothing to lose.

This is not a Jean Claude van Damme movie. MMA is a sport with certain rules and a ref. Boxing is a sport with rules and a ref. You have no idea who you're dealing with on the street where anything can happen.

And even assuming that it's strictly one on one -- that's not a real fight. Because in a real fight their buddy could jump in, he could have a gun or a knife, etc.

I've seen that kind of stuff happen when I was younger so even assuming that it's strictly one on one is already assuming some kind of rules so that's already a limitation.
MMA skills transfer to doing "illegal" shit.

Want to kick someone in the groin, you need to be an accurate, fast skilled kicker.

Want to eye gouge? Have to know how to initiate grapple and get body control. The best eye gougers are wrestlers and BJJ guys.

yeah I refuse to believe he properly trained for this fight .. doesn't matter what he says .. he's getting paid 40 mil .. of course he's gonna say he trained for a long time ... but that doesn't match up with how he looked .. he was even heavier than wilder 2 and he just looked sloppy .. he simply underestimated ngannou and thought it was gonna be an easy fight ...

and something was off .. look at him during the ring walk .. he was serious and looked as if something was bothering him and he did not want to be there .. we all know about fury's mental problems .. I can already tell when he's gonna be 'on' for a fight or not .. definitely didn't look like it tonight pre fight

Absolutely nobody who knows a lick about boxing thinks Ngannou won. It was him winging haymakers at a shadow boxing Fury who’s gonna milk MMA casuals for another easy payday in the rematch.

These matches are quick money grabs.
I actually thought Francis won, or at the worst a draw. I had him winning rd 3,7,8,10, obviously 3 was a 10-8 round. And I thought round 2 was the toss up round. Wich in the judges scorecards it was. One judge gave it to him. The other two didn’t. This was a pro fight, not an exhibition. But I believe this wasn’t fury coasting or giving a show, more of him just not having his heart in boxing and under estimating Francis entirely. He took easy fights his last two fights. Thought this was going to be the easiest, and probably barely trained. It wasn’t the same fury that fought klitschko or wilder. It was a guy with his foot halfway out the door, looking for an easy payday. He got his payday, but it wasn’t easy. No one who is just trying to put on a show or coasting to a decision lets himself get dropped, tagged numerous times, and lets it get that close. Sorry dude, but that was a legit fight. It was fury at his worst tho. I believe fury has one more fight in him, that’s the usyk fight, then he’s gone from boxing for good.

He looked like he simply didn't want to be there.
Probably the 2 hrs of standing around didn't help anyone's case.
Plus you're fighting a bum, and really only doing it for the easy money.
There's no winning in this really for Fury in any showing no matter how dominant you are.

exactly glad I'm not the only one

Then why is Jake Paul trying to fight Diaz in an MMA or why does Fury even act like he would have a chance against Jones in a MMA fight? That sentence doesn't make sense or is true. Why are you on an MMA forum in the first place. You literally contradicted yourself.

Boxing fans are racist single digit IQ dumbasses from the ghettos of america. You are a candy dumbass living vicariously through victories of other men.

This is literally the "Boxing Forum".

Jake Paul and Tyson Fury are not trying to fight anyone in MMA. MMA fighters are the ones making the leap to boxing because of the money. But they only want the special fights against the champ. If they actually tried to purse a boxing career to fight their way to the top, they'd get chewed up and spit out. It's why none of them have good boxing records.

Boxing fans have jobs, kids and family members they take care of, socialize with people on the weekends, have hobbies, and are comfortable discussing boxing within their community.

MMA skills transfer to doing "illegal" shit.

Want to kick someone in the groin, you need to be an accurate, fast skilled kicker.

Want to eye gouge? Have to know how to initiate grapple and get body control. The best eye gougers are wrestlers and BJJ guys.

I don't have experience (luckily) so I will assume you're right but I'm just saying that any kind of physical conflict has some set of rules, whether it's a boxing fight, an MMA fight, knife fight, a gun fight or a war.

They all are real in a way but just have different sets of rules, that was the only point I'm making. And yes, MMA has more tools and is more complete than boxing, no doubt about it. But if someone has a gun (a real possibility on the street) -- MMA won't help much, which is why it's best to walk away if you can. =)

He did nothing in that fight either. If there was a rematch Ngannou would've ko'd him under 60 seconds.

This is literally the "Boxing Forum".

Jake Paul and Tyson Fury are not trying to fight anyone in MMA. MMA fighters are the ones making the leap to boxing because of the money. But they only want the special fights against the champ. If they actually tried to purse a boxing career to fight their way to the top, they'd get chewed up and spit out. It's why none of them have good boxing records.

Boxing fans have jobs, kids and family members they take care of, socialize with people on the weekends, have hobbies, and are comfortable discussing boxing within their community.

Yeah, I like the critical thinking leaps there.

1. Boxing is dead and is a terrible sport.
2. Every MMA fighter's dream is to fight a big boxing star
3. Ngannou just made more money in one boxing fight than in his entire career

If 1 is true, how is it that 3 and 2 are also true? Can't be all three at once. =)

Back